Scioto County Marina. Portsmouth, Ohi...

Scioto County Marina. Portsmouth, Ohio News from Eyewitness News

There are 8 comments on the WCHS-TV Charleston story from Nov 3, 2013, titled Scioto County Marina. Portsmouth, Ohio News from Eyewitness News. In it, WCHS-TV Charleston reports that:

Portsmouth , Scioto County , Ohio State officials said a newly reconstructed marina along the Ohio River at Shawnee State Park is open for service in time for the winter lease season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCHS-TV Charleston.

imhappy

Marion, OH

#1 Nov 5, 2013
The article doesn't mention it does not sell gasoline. Unless you want to paddle yourself around the river you're as they say, without a paddle.

Since: Aug 13

Greensburg, PA

#2 Nov 6, 2013
What a colossal waste of tax dollars. Hardly anyone uses it. This is another story of a huge bloated government wasting our money. A few years back the marina was busy. A lottery was needed to asign the rented slips. Then the gov. police started to harass the boaters. You have; the ky. police, the oh. water patrol, and now the scioto co. Sheriff dept. They have huge new very high dollar boats purchased with Homeland Security Dept. money slotted to protect our bridges and things from terrorists. Seriously! I'm not making this up. So they are all down there on weekends on overtime pay mind you stopping boaters, and writing tickets for whatever. Sunday, right! That's when all the terrorists are on the river. I can remember ONE accident down there. Someone ran into the retaining wall out at the river at night. Its is very narrow and WITHOUT navigation lights. Did they fix this with the 2.4 MILLION ? NO! But we have a new parking lot with 50 % handicapped parking lot complete with lighting. Healthy people are not using the marina. Let alone all those handicapped skiers. Meanwhile, the golfcourse there which can actually make money is falling into disrepair. Our government is totally out of control.
meeee

Stout, OH

#4 Nov 7, 2013
Had my boat docked there in the 90's. long hike up and down the hill,and had things stolen from boat. River police are a pain in the @zz now,watch your every move. They like to watch you from a distance with glasses to try and catch a look at your meat.
meeee

Stout, OH

#5 Nov 7, 2013
Obtw,I'm pretty sure they took a picture of my x girlfriends @zz while she was trying to bake it.
Jojo

Stout, OH

#6 Nov 7, 2013
meeee wrote:
Obtw,I'm pretty sure they took a picture of my x girlfriends @zz while she was trying to bake it.
They got my picture as I was laying on the front of the boat sun roasting my hot dog.
Wonder

Marion, OH

#7 Nov 7, 2013
We live close to the Marina and have a boat. The slip prices were much lower then. We put our boat in the Marina, thinking it would be easier. NOT. You have to carry everything down to the boat and having three kids, that was a lot. The gas prices were much higher on the river too. The Coast Guard was at the marina, checking out the boats at the beginning of the season. They would give you a sticker which indicated you had been checked and the boat met all the requirements needed for a boat to be on the river. With this sticker the Coast Guard would leave you alone. Not so now. You can't even get a good run on the river without being pulled over for nothing but to search all through our coolers and things. We no longer boat. Not worth the hassle. I do miss it. The river was a busy and fun place to spend your summer days.
fuel

Crooksville, OH

#8 Nov 7, 2013
will come from weavers trucks. gas will be high.
gary

Minford, OH

#9 Nov 8, 2013
Wonder wrote:
We live close to the Marina and have a boat. The slip prices were much lower then. We put our boat in the Marina, thinking it would be easier. NOT. You have to carry everything down to the boat and having three kids, that was a lot. The gas prices were much higher on the river too. The Coast Guard was at the marina, checking out the boats at the beginning of the season. They would give you a sticker which indicated you had been checked and the boat met all the requirements needed for a boat to be on the river. With this sticker the Coast Guard would leave you alone. Not so now. You can't even get a good run on the river without being pulled over for nothing but to search all through our coolers and things. We no longer boat. Not worth the hassle. I do miss it. The river was a busy and fun place to spend your summer days.
i thought they passed a law this summer to stop that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hopkinsville considers eminent domain in acquir... 2 hr Milf man 7
News EPA overrules GE on Housatonic PCBs cleanup (Oct '16) Aug 15 KABBALAH Occult 11
News Global warming made Paris floods far more likel... (Jun '16) Aug 8 Climate Not Weather 153
News Rauner to tour northern Illinois flooding damag... Aug 2 Old Timer 2
News Flash Flood Watch (Jan '11) Aug 1 Klug Blub 2
News Flooding on Bayview Avenue, near Pottery Road, ... Jul 23 Solar 1
News Arcadia residents left with property damage aft... Jul 21 Yehin Legorreta 1
More from around the web