Coal, oil and gas are killing climate

Jun 17, 2013 Full story: Earth Times 162

Here is the Australian Climate Commission's complex figure showing global warming resulting largely from the burning of fossil fuel; image ; Credit: Australian Climate Commission The Australians have suffered more than most from climate change problems, with fire and flood dominating their headline news annually.

Full Story
litesong

Monroe, WA

#112 Jun 28, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Hey, liar, the other one copied it all from:
http://taxingair.com/
You lied about NASA earlier. You are most likely a paid shill.
You are so accurate.......... way to burn him down! Actually, he burns himself down.

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

Since: Jun 12

And the shadows they burn dark

#113 Jun 28, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you paid to post locker room writings here?
Sigh.....another cockhead that can't comprehend what they read.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#114 Jun 28, 2013
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.skepticalscience.com/graphics.php...

From someone that doesn't know science but continues to try to bullshit on the subject. The reference shows the faulty 'cherry picking' of selecting an extremely warm (due to El-Nino) year to start then the coldest recent year to end. Junk or pseudo science.

The other distortion is that the graphs are of the AIR temperature which is only 2% of the thermal mass. Convenient but you HAVE to take it over the VERY long term (30 years minimum) to use it as a 'proxy' for total surface warming. Science has shown that total thermal energy is not only still accumulating but is accelerating as GHGs continue to build up.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#115 Jun 28, 2013
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what you are. Read and comprehend this one, if you can.

Abstract

[1] Anthropogenic contributions to the record hot 2013 Australian summer are investigated using a suite of climate model experiments. This was the hottest Australian summer in the observational record. Australian area-average summer temperatures for simulations with natural forcings only were compared to simulations with anthropogenic and natural forcings for the period 1976–2005 and the RCP8.5 high emission simulation (2006–2020) from nine CMIP5 models. Using fraction of attributable risk to compare the likelihood of extreme Australian summer temperatures between the experiments, it was very likely (>90% confidence) there was at least a 2.5 times increase in the odds of extreme heat due to human influences using simulations to 2005, and a five-fold increase in this risk using simulations for 2006–2020. The human contribution to the increased odds of Australian summer extremes like 2013 was substantial, while natural climate variations alone, including El Niño Southern Oscillation, are unlikely to explain the record temperature.

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

#116 Jun 28, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You know what you are. Read and comprehend this one, if you can.
Abstract
[1] Anthropogenic contributions to the record hot 2013 Australian summer are investigated using a suite of climate model experiments. This was the hottest Australian summer in the observational record. Australian area-average summer temperatures for simulations with natural forcings only were compared to simulations with anthropogenic and natural forcings for the period 1976–2005 and the RCP8.5 high emission simulation (2006–2020) from nine CMIP5 models. Using fraction of attributable risk to compare the likelihood of extreme Australian summer temperatures between the experiments, it was very likely (>90% confidence) there was at least a 2.5 times increase in the odds of extreme heat due to human influences using simulations to 2005, and a five-fold increase in this risk using simulations for 2006–2020. The human contribution to the increased odds of Australian summer extremes like 2013 was substantial, while natural climate variations alone, including El Niño Southern Oscillation, are unlikely to explain the record temperature.
Aahhh yes, the good old simulations & climate models, always relied upon by the alarmist nutters, most of which have been shown to be wrong btw.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#117 Jun 29, 2013
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Aahhh yes, the good old simulations & climate models, always relied upon by the alarmist nutters, most of which have been shown to be wrong btw.
You post with a worthless authority, your brain.

Ahh you know no science, that's it.

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

#118 Jun 29, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You post with a worthless authority, your brain.
Ahh you know no science, that's it.
At least I have a brain capable of independant thought, capable of questioning something instead just accepting it as fact.
Sheeple such as yourself know nothing about science, all you're capable of is bleating what the rest of the mob you blindly follow is bleating at the time.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#119 Jun 29, 2013
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I have a brain capable of independant thought, capable of questioning something instead just accepting it as fact.
Sheeple such as yourself know nothing about science, all you're capable of is bleating what the rest of the mob you blindly follow is bleating at the time.
Hey I was kind to you.

Can you muster a few brain cells to comprehend the following? There's no way a sans-science such as yourself could understand a person with science about science. That's why you are describing yourself, lol.

Regardless, know that man-made global warming is raging along with its harmful consequences.

http://summitcountyvoice.com/2013/06/27/globa...
Foo

Goodna, Australia

#120 Jun 29, 2013
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>

None of them are worth voting for.
If thats what you really believe , then exercise your constitutional right to vote informal , and stop whinging about it.......my main annoyance of recent years has been the influence coming from OUTSIDE of parliament , and elected members (however dodgy they may be) to blatantly usurp and manipulate what we have left of democracy in this country.....namely , a particular well know media mogul that owns or controls over 90% of the media in this country , is currently in court in US and Britain , and has already achieved regime change in one of those countries to suite his own agenda....can things be any clearer?....seriously , at what stage do people actually stare at the ugly facts that are right in their face and blocking their view ?....if you believe the media has not interferred relentlessly in the Australian political process since the conservative government was replaced, then your complaints are irrelevant , because you are not even acknowledging the biggest influence and reason for the current bad situation we all have to live with.......the outside manipulation and control in the last 5 years , has never existed at this level before in my lifetime....alarm bells are ringing violently , but few people can hear them.

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

#121 Jun 29, 2013
Foo wrote:
my main annoyance of recent years has been the influence coming from OUTSIDE of parliament , and elected members (however dodgy they may be) to blatantly usurp and manipulate what we have left of democracy in this country
Which is why none of them are worth voting for.
If they were there for the Australian people like they claim they are, they'd do something about the outside influences & see to it their policies reflect what the majority of the Australian people want, not what the outside influences want.

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

#122 Jun 29, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Hey I was kind to you.
Can you muster a few brain cells to comprehend the following? There's no way a sans-science such as yourself could understand a person with science about science. That's why you are describing yourself, lol.
Regardless, know that man-made global warming is raging along with its harmful consequences.
http://summitcountyvoice.com/2013/06/27/globa...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#123 Jun 29, 2013
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop whining; you are describing your know-nothing self.

Why are you here just to rant and rave! Oh.. Up to 83 percent of birds, 66 percent of amphibians and 70 percent of corals that they identified as highly vulnerable to climate change are not on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. The Red List is the most widely recognized inventory of the planet's most endangered species. Species on the list are considered the most threatened with extinction and have generally experienced a sharp decline in population or a shrinking geographic range.

http://news.yahoo.com/more-species-risk-clima...

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

#124 Jun 29, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Stop whining; you are describing your know-nothing self.
Why are you here just to rant and rave! Oh.. Up to 83 percent of birds, 66 percent of amphibians and 70 percent of corals that they identified as highly vulnerable to climate change are not on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. The Red List is the most widely recognized inventory of the planet's most endangered species. Species on the list are considered the most threatened with extinction and have generally experienced a sharp decline in population or a shrinking geographic range.
http://news.yahoo.com/more-species-risk-clima...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#125 Jun 29, 2013
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You, a troll, are jealous because you have no science.

Whining is stuck in its tracks.

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

#126 Jun 29, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You, a troll, are jealous because you have no science.
Whining is stuck in its tracks.
Ha ha, jealous of a sheeple like you?
Not likely.

Just giving you a little taste of your own back, don't you like it?
How many times did you post the same link to that 99 one-liners garbage?

I'm right, you're wrong, get over it.
lowprofile

Adelaide, Australia

#127 Jun 30, 2013
This spaceballs thing is a complete moron Orion, it seems to only go to a couple of pro climate change websites and is so low in the IQ department that it can't grasp that it has been taken for a ride. I've tried multiple times to try and direct it to some other sites where it may actually learn something but the usual response to that is " president obummer is going to change the worlds climate"

I'D LIKE TO SEE THAT!!!

Don't waste any more of your time it is a completely lost cause.
Jim

Pasadena, TX

#130 Jul 4, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Says who? You are a liar.
TODAY:
WASHINGTON (AP)— President Barack Obama is planning a major push using executive powers to tackle the pollution blamed for global warming in an effort to make good on promises he made at the start of his second term.
Using Barack Obama as a source lends no creedence to your argument. He just uses the "science" generated by his lacky shills. They just produce the numbers his big government cronies want to see. Then voila! We need more government because we're smarter than you. Sad that so many fools eat the pablum.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#131 Jul 4, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Using Barack Obama as a source lends no creedence to your argument. He just uses the "science" generated by his lacky shills. They just produce the numbers his big government cronies want to see. Then voila! We need more government because we're smarter than you. Sad that so many fools eat the pablum.
Let's say for a moment that you are right, but you are a jim, a nobody.

When a president of USA says something, it becomes the basis for government policy and planning. That applies to the whole world btw.
lowprofile

Adelaide, Australia

#132 Jul 4, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Let's say for a moment that you are right, but you are a jim, a nobody.
When a president of USA says something, it becomes the basis for government policy and planning. That applies to the whole world btw.
You mean like the election promise to close down GITMO? LOL get a life you idiot!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#133 Jul 4, 2013
lowprofile wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like the election promise to close down GITMO? LOL get a life you idiot!
troll ignored.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Levee Project Opposed by Many 10 hr missouri man 1
B.C. to announce Peace River dam decision 15 hr chaos 1
Rouble Woes: Six Stages Of A Currency Crisis 15 hr chaos 1
Storm puts Courtenay, B.C., in state of emergen... Dec 9 Flooding 1
Hydro warns of flooding in the event of a major... Dec 9 New Westminster BC 1
Bosque County to ask voters to fund new jail (Jul '10) Dec 8 Carla 7
North Coast stream flows above normal Dec 7 Here Is One 1
More from around the web