Ailing sewage plant needs $90 million...

Ailing sewage plant needs $90 million in repairs

There are 4 comments on the Press & Sun-Bulletin story from Aug 8, 2013, titled Ailing sewage plant needs $90 million in repairs. In it, Press & Sun-Bulletin reports that:

A $90 million effort to rebuild Broome County's major sewage treatment plant will begin by tearing parts of it down.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press & Sun-Bulletin.

Michael

Elkland, PA

#1 Aug 9, 2013
Wow...

I read the original report that was finished on the phase III segment but didn't realize that a second inspection was done after the collapse that found even more issues i.e. two dozen bad walls in the system that have to be torn down and redone...

The question I have at this point is - was there ANY part of the phase III construction that was done correctly ?!
Jake

Apalachin, NY

#2 Aug 10, 2013
where's the protesters for clean air and water?

And it's also not save to drink city water, beverage companys and stores are making a bundle in revenue on filtered water
Michael

Elkland, PA

#3 Aug 11, 2013
I believe that there was an environmental group that tried a lawsuit but I'm not sure where it went - if it went anywhere i.e. whether it was thrown out by the courts based on something like an act of nature... or perhaps due to the fact that the city actually put out a lawsuit of their own against the various ( 13 ) companies associated with the faulty phase 3 work...

http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20111109...

You know what and on a side note...

With other segments of the treatment plant getting old... and the "new" ( year 2000 +) parts being total and utter cr*p that needs to be demolished / replaced anyway... and considering the system is overloaded when everyone that uses it - uses it... I wonder why they don't just build a NEW treatment system at a NEW location...

I'm not even sure if it would actually cost more to do that... because with the work needed for the existing plant... and upgrades to protect from from flooding and such... and so forth... I could imagine that doing all that demolishing, clean up and construction etc. to the existing plant might actually cost more money...

Not sure though... but I wonder if anyone in the local gov't has spent time looking at that option and priced it out ?!
jake

Apalachin, NY

#4 Aug 12, 2013
It's really sad that nothing can be done until the Law Settlements have been completed.

Gov. como needs to put his boot's on and check out the crap we live in and whats flowing down the river before the southern state's start to " SUE" us.

His visit to grape land will make him happy.... thats all he care's about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chicago's lame winter - is Canada to blame? Wed maybe 1
News Global warming made Paris floods far more likel... (Jun '16) Tue Calvin 146
News Flood Warning in Effect Overnight; Road Closure... Jan 11 reno seo 1
News Residents Worried About Levees in Yuba City (Apr '16) Jan 11 bighucka 2
News Vallejo animal shelter seeks sandbagging volunt... Jan 6 sambo 2
News The Way We Were: Ice jam in the Glen (Feb '15) Jan 4 slip in 4 a Polar... 7
News In flood-devastated Ellicott City, Md., a vow t... Dec 31 Fitus T Bluster 2
More from around the web