No Warning

Jul 3, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WCHS-TV Charleston

People in the Cross Lanes and western Kanawha County were cleaning up Wednesday after the previous day's heavy flooding, and some were wondering why they didn't receive more warning from the National Weather Service.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Mrs Brennan

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

They need to drain Lake Chaweva. Or atleast make them payfor the flood damages. If anyone has a good memory, they will know Cross Lanes never flooded when they drained that lake. Those wierdos wanted thier pond back, and now Cross Lanes is paying for it.
Hayley

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

I think it would help if the drains were cleaned out. Especially the area behind Stealth because it is one of the reasons our houses flood.
Ralph

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

I know of several families that have been flooded multiple times over the past few weeks. One in particular had just finished cleaning up their house when it started raining again. And as soon as they shut the garage door they flooded again. Plus you risk your life if you're outside when it's flooded because of the speeding idiots driving by. They drive like bats out of heck until they get to the high water by Relation Rd. then they have to slow down. I'd love just once if a cop would sit there & catch all these dumba$$es.
hmmmm

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

West Washington Street continuly floods. Ever since the contractors came through and dug to lay sewer lines. Who do you talk to about that? The water is horrible!
Hayley

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

hmmmm wrote:
West Washington Street continuly floods. Ever since the contractors came through and dug to lay sewer lines. Who do you talk to about that? The water is horrible!
They just put the sewer in within the past 2 years, & it flooded before that. If the homeowners & business owners out that way would make an effort to clean out the ditches &/or drains it would help tremendously.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••