Villa Pizza in Mattoon burns to the ground

There are 20 comments on the Jan 10, 2010, WAND-TV Decatur story titled Villa Pizza in Mattoon burns to the ground. In it, WAND-TV Decatur reports that:

A longtime family-run business in Central Illinois went up in flames Friday morning, taking with it a lifetime of memories.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAND-TV Decatur.

Charms

Robinson, IL

#24 Mar 9, 2010
I have known the Arena family since i was a child.. about 30 yrs.. and they have done many helpful things for the community.. and when bad things happen.. everyone is always quick to point fingers.. and think they know all.. get your facts straight before you open your mouths!
Huh

Mattoon, IL

#25 Mar 10, 2010
Charms wrote:
I have known the Arena family since i was a child.. about 30 yrs.. and they have done many helpful things for the community.. and when bad things happen.. everyone is always quick to point fingers.. and think they know all.. get your facts straight before you open your mouths!
So you're saying Arena wasn't busted for his involvement with drug trafficking? If so, you need to get your facts straight.
missingvilla

Tower Hill, IL

#26 Mar 26, 2010
All Im gonna say here is , if you all think Jon is involved in drug trafficking and whatever else it sure doesnt stop any of you from ordering his pizza . So congrats to you all for funding his (so-called) illegal operation . I dont doubt that he has a shady past but now hes just a man trying to run a business and take care of his family so lay off him
coyotewinds

United States

#27 Mar 28, 2010
Hey dont kick a man when he is down,Jon is alright in my book.I loved eating there. My wife & I would eat there 2-3 times a month.We miss that food.I heard one time he wished he could get the old Central school lot,Now that would be great.I would help Jon anyway I could.My Granfather built a round cage to cook meat in for the kitchen.We love ya Jon. big Don
OutOfTowner

United States

#29 Apr 13, 2010
Wow, You people of Mattoon are in need of some serious help.... Maybe the city should privatize Life Links for you people.... Get a Life.. At least upgrade you cable subscription... I am.beginning to believe the U.S. Government is secretly studying multiple generation inbreeding in this town... Again please get a life, and tomorrow morning take another five minutes while looking into the mirror, and ask yourself, is my life and possibly my families life w here I want it to be... And if the answer is No, which it probably is, let's consider trying to make your and your families life a Little better
curious

Mattoon, IL

#30 Apr 14, 2010
Thats right who gives a shit about his past.he had a resteraunt and it burnt.Its none of anyones bussiness if he was a drug user.he has came along way.thats more then i can say for the other 90% of mattoon.gossip.I dont know what mattoon would do if everybody would stop talking about somebody else.if someone wants to talk about something lets talk about the thieving government.
curious

Mattoon, IL

#32 Apr 16, 2010
Its not comming out of your pocket so who gives a shit?
What

Mattoon, IL

#33 Apr 16, 2010
curious wrote:
Its not comming out of your pocket so who gives a shit?
Are you saying it's OK to break the law? You're probably the same clown denying Jon's past drug dealing too.
curious

Mattoon, IL

#34 Apr 18, 2010
who cares about his past its the present that matters.stop the gossip and worry about your own life.you people make me sick
stacy

Mattoon, IL

#35 Aug 11, 2010
the fact of the matter is a mattoon landmark burnt down which was a great place to eat...everyone has skeletons in their closets, so before you judge another look @ your pitiful past & shut the hell up...as for the people commenting about the gossip in mattoon...it happens EVERYWHERE, so get over it!!!!
Carl

Moline, IL

#38 Aug 18, 2010
None of them would of ever got caught if they wouldnt have been so greedy. Trying to make a 1/4 lb of meth out of an ounce by cutting it with fruit fresh.Yeah John snitched.
a trial

Mattoon, IL

#39 Jan 27, 2012
Did Jon ever face a judge for his coke arrest? If he didn't, I suspect he ratted some people out. I always thought he looked a little unusual with that beer gut and those shifty eyes.
bugs at the Villa

Mattoon, IL

#40 Feb 18, 2012
I found a cockroach in my pizza last week. I will not be ordering from the Villa in the future.
Corruption

United States

#41 Oct 4, 2012
LOL..Just sayin. Aint Topix great Jon? lol

Like u care what people say...right Jon? Business is good again..keep workin this biz personally and ur customers will keep coming back. Mattoon loves Villa Pizza. Charleston not enough I guess. Oh well..one store is better than no stores. Ur dreams of a chain of stores will prolly never happen from what ive seen so far. But money aint everything, ur town has supported u. Dont let them down. Ur ok. Always was in my book. Peace brother.
The BOSS

United States

#42 Oct 20, 2012
Just saying..u know what I'm saying? It is what it is. nuff said bout all that. Shit happens. Move on.
crzzzd

Rochester, PA

#43 Jan 9, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
Win Some.Lose Some. eat some
Just wondering

Mattoon, IL

#44 Apr 13, 2014
Is Jon still selling drugs along with his pizza?
grow up

Chicago, IL

#45 Apr 14, 2014
So, since Jon used drugs in 1987, he OF COURSE would still be doing it now right?! He is a grown man who is working and spending his ass off trying to rebuild his business. If there are drugs at Villa, it is not from him, but the employees. He is a good man.
drug dealer

Mattoon, IL

#46 Apr 17, 2014
grow up wrote:
So, since Jon used drugs in 1987, he OF COURSE would still be doing it now right?! He is a grown man who is working and spending his ass off trying to rebuild his business. If there are drugs at Villa, it is not from him, but the employees. He is a good man.
Do you defend all criminals ore just drug dealers who beat the rap by ratting their buddies out? I'm surprised that his fellow dealers haven't kicked his squealing ass yet.
no more coke

Mattoon, IL

#47 Apr 18, 2014
Jon had to change the house cola from Coke to Pepsi. Every time someone ordered Coke with their Pizza it confused Jon and he thought he was making another score.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fire calls: Jan. 6 - 12 (Jan '14) 6 hr Albert 2
News Accused Embezzler Sopko Back on Oak Forest Payr... (Jul '14) 17 hr Rhonda C 33
News Featured Content 19 hr Poor Richard 2
News Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Chamber c... Thu Latitude 26 1
News Pomfret wants to see Fredonia ambulance numbers Wed nystate 11
News Columbus firefighter charged with raping young ... Wed Eew 3
News From Cuban refugee to interim fire chief Apr 22 Doc Proper 2
More from around the web