Stabbing of Muslim woman in Antioch s...

Stabbing of Muslim woman in Antioch shopping center stirs up fears for community

There are 28 comments on the Contra Costa Times story from Jun 6, 2013, titled Stabbing of Muslim woman in Antioch shopping center stirs up fears for community. In it, Contra Costa Times reports that:

The stabbing of a 50-year-old Muslim woman wearing a head scarf has reignited simmering fears within eastern Contra Costa's Islamic community, where a mosque was destroyed by arson six years ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Contra Costa Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sunflower

Antioch, CA

#1 Jun 6, 2013
Sad she had to go through that,very scary there are strange people out in the streets hurting people.Antioch has gotten so bad with all the crime and killings.
Tylor

United States

#2 Jun 7, 2013
People have been manipulated throughout the history of time... I know what happened to this woman was very termatic, but I can't imagine what Jeffrey Crimson went through to prompt him to stab a random stranger first thing in the morning.? Just seems strange.. Why?

“"Nuts"”

Since: Mar 08

Salem, OR

#3 Jun 7, 2013
Why do we have to kiss the ass of the Muslim community when something like this happens... If a black, Mexican or white gets stabbed we don't have to kiss the ass of their community... If a Mormon, Jew, or Christian gets stabbed we don't have to kiss the ass of their community... Shame on you Contra Costa Times for trying to make an issue on someone's culture...
Human

Antioch, CA

#5 Jun 7, 2013
getty up wrote:
f--k her, she or someone closely related to her probably know bomb making techniques! stop sucking the wee wee of the great satan known as islam!
More like f--k you. The only reason she was stabbed was because she was Muslim. She is a mother of children who are all quite young and bright students. Before you say shit get your facts right. No one is kissing up to the people who follow the religion of Islam. Also forget you not, Mohammed is followed by Christians as well as Muslims. Its not the religion that is bad it is just a few people that are bad. You are accusing all Muslims like people commonly accuse all blacks for being druggies/gangbangers or all white folks for being in the KKK. Get your facts right and stop stereotyping. ASSHOLE!
Well-wisher

Antioch, CA

#6 Jun 7, 2013
The Street Grows Darker wrote:
Why do we have to kiss the ass of the Muslim community when something like this happens... If a black, Mexican or white gets stabbed we don't have to kiss the ass of their community... If a Mormon, Jew, or Christian gets stabbed we don't have to kiss the ass of their community... Shame on you Contra Costa Times for trying to make an issue on someone's culture...
The prime reason behind the attack was hatred towards Muslims. So its not the fault of the Contra Costa times. If getting the facts across (which is by the way their job) is shameful then so be it.
Witnes to the crime

San Francisco, CA

#8 Jun 10, 2013
Sad to say I was there and he only stabbed her because he is completely out if his mind with a long history of mental illness. It had nothing to do with her race or religion.
yusuf

San Francisco, CA

#9 Jun 11, 2013
she is my teacher at islamic school in antioch
ramirez

Oakland, CA

#11 Jun 12, 2013
Witnes to the crime wrote:
Sad to say I was there and he only stabbed her because he is completely out if his mind with a long history of mental illness. It had nothing to do with her race or religion.
this junkie has been a menace for almost 20 years. He is not mentally ill, just a big spoiled baby. I was assaulted by this parasite at savemart back in 94 when he was a minor.

“"Nuts"”

Since: Mar 08

Salem, OR

#12 Jun 13, 2013
getty up wrote:
f--k her, she or someone closely related to her probably know bomb making techniques! stop sucking the wee wee of the great satan known as islam!
Muslim Terrorists Crossing US/Mexican Border

andy

Reno, NV

#13 Jun 17, 2013
Human wrote:
<quoted text>
More like f--k you. The only reason she was stabbed was because she was Muslim. She is a mother of children who are all quite young and bright students. Before you say shit get your facts right. No one is kissing up to the people who follow the religion of Islam. Also forget you not, Mohammed is followed by Christians as well as Muslims. Its not the religion that is bad it is just a few people that are bad. You are accusing all Muslims like people commonly accuse all blacks for being druggies/gangbangers or all white folks for being in the KKK. Get your facts right and stop stereotyping. ASSHOLE!
That is not the reason she was stabbed. Unfortunatly she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I personally know Jeff, and he is not in the right mind. There could be major mental issues and it is very unfortunate that he has been plagued with these mental problems. This is a sad situation for all the people involved. I hope the best for both people involved but I know for a fact that this has nothing to do with race or religion and all to do with mental illness.
andy

Reno, NV

#14 Jun 17, 2013
Tylor wrote:
People have been manipulated throughout the history of time... I know what happened to this woman was very termatic, but I can't imagine what Jeffrey Crimson went through to prompt him to stab a random stranger first thing in the morning.? Just seems strange.. Why?
He is not in the right mind. He was a good friend of mine for years and I think there could be a mental illness going on with him. Very sad situation.
Got News

El Dorado Hills, CA

#16 Jun 19, 2013
Crazy People in Stockton!
sandy

Pittsburg, CA

#17 Jul 1, 2013
I have also known Jeff for years and I know this was not a hate crime! Jeff has suffered from mental illness for years, unfortunately he has not gotten the help he needed. If he had been in his right mind this would have never happened. I am very sorry for this woman and I pray she will recover and not be mentally scarred by this event for the rest of her life, she did not deserve this to happen to her! I also pray that my friend Jeff will be able to get the help he needs. It is sad that it had to take a near tragedy for this to happen! What is really sad is that there are so many mentally ill people out there who are unable to get help. Even if the end up 5150, they release them in 72 hours with a bottle of pills!! Very sad indeed!!
sandy

Pittsburg, CA

#18 Jul 1, 2013
ramirez wrote:
<quoted text>
this junkie has been a menace for almost 20 years. He is not mentally ill, just a big spoiled baby. I was assaulted by this parasite at savemart back in 94 when he was a minor.


It sounds like he kicked your butt and you're still bitter after 18 yrs!
Tylor

United States

#19 Oct 21, 2013
Jeff was and still is very close to me. Was he a junkie? F*#K NO!
David Boyd

Pittsburg, CA

#20 Oct 21, 2013
Sounds like Jeff needs to take a chill pill and control himself.
is he another Kennith Booker of Antioch? We all know Kenny, the black guy that flips everyone off and runs into traffic. Is Jeff like that?

Since: Jul 13

Pittsburg, CA

#21 Oct 23, 2013
f--k this muslim vvhore
concerned

Antioch, CA

#22 Oct 30, 2013
Go away jiggy wiggy troll! Posters like you are why some want to shut down Topix! This was a sad event. Mental illness and violence are not joking matters. To everyone affected by this, it must be very difficult. My sympathy and prayers.
Bonnie

Antioch, CA

#23 Nov 2, 2013
I will definitely be voting "YES" on Measure "C" as we indeed need the
addition of 22 much-needed Police Officers, that this half percent sales tax
increase will provide. Despite claims of mismanagement, which I am usually
first to suspect, we can't deny the financial devastation brought on by the
mortgage meltdown and the subsequent loss of property tax dollars when property
values plummeted, along with a large increase of foreclosures. With the crime rate bBecoming increasingly alarming in this city,(up 30%) you need to realize the need for more police officers on duty to protect YOUR property as well as YOUR
children. I saw an article where a boy was walking home from school and was robbed of his cell phone at gun point. Let's not let Antioch become another
Oakland or Richmond, where violent crime is much too frequent. VOTE YES on
Measure "C" - it's only a half of a percent increase- that is only a
5-cent additional tax for every $10.00. I think your safety is more important,
don't you?

Since: Jul 13

Pittsburg, CA

#24 Nov 2, 2013
you are a f--king idiot, they will not hire 22 new officers, it is a general fund that can and WILL be spent on the lavish crap city council wants. And even if they did hire 22 new officers, they still wont target the problem = vigger population of ookioch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evacuees return but huge California wildfire st... 7 hr Liberals Values A... 1
News Several firefighters were overcome by the heat ... (Sep '09) 15 hr preacher 36
News More Monterey Co. Residents Evacuated As Sobera... Mon mattie05 1
News The Latest: California fire drives people from ... Mon TheDNC is crappy 1
News Burlington fire crews rescue two hikers Mon outdoors 1
News Body found as thousands flee California wildfires Mon mehdi mountather 1
News Heat wave, drought showing no signs of slowing ... Sun YouDidntBuildThat 2
More from around the web