Fire erupts in Tazewell

Fire erupts in Tazewell

There are 31 comments on the Bluefield Daily Telegraph story from Dec 31, 2013, titled Fire erupts in Tazewell. In it, Bluefield Daily Telegraph reports that:

Firefighters are on the scene of a structure fire on West Main Street in downtown Tazewell, Va.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bluefield Daily Telegraph.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Actually

Howell, MI

#25 Jan 3, 2014
Actually your a complete liar. He has supplied all the furniture himself. He has only asked others for clothing, while you sit online and do nothing. How sad to try to discredit someone for their good work to the community.
Actually

Harrisonburg, VA

#26 Jan 3, 2014
Actually wrote:
Actually your a complete liar. He has supplied all the furniture himself. He has only asked others for clothing, while you sit online and do nothing. How sad to try to discredit someone for their good work to the community.
first of all this is "Actually" that was first used on this topix, so find yourself another name. I don't want to be confused with your statements. You have no idea what I have or plan on doing for anyone, but I will tell you this, I am not going on line trying to impress someone and use this misfortune for my personal gain. lf you have something to give, give it directly to those in need. You can do that just as easy as taking your items given in good faith to a hood to sort out. All of these fire victims need help and some kind words. Don't forget about the Becker's, sure they don't need money but a kind word would be in order, they have been on Main Street forever. And the barber shop, Fred needs a kind word too.
retired

Richlands, VA

#27 Jan 3, 2014
giving furniture away wrote:
From what I read on his stores facebook, he is giving away furniture from his own stores to those who have lost everything due to this.
It is not GURU is donating furniture, he has nothing to donate. It is the Tazewell Used Furniture, that is offering the donations and also excepting donations for these families. There is also an account at First National Bank for these families. I just want to THANK everyone who has, or plans to donate.
really

Tazewell, VA

#28 Jan 4, 2014
retired wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not GURU is donating furniture, he has nothing to donate. It is the Tazewell Used Furniture, that is offering the donations and also excepting donations for these families. There is also an account at First National Bank for these families. I just want to THANK everyone who has, or plans to donate.
we would like to donate clothing, we need sizes to do this so that we are actually helping them with clothes they can wear. does anyone know any of the victims so that we can do this?
This is AWESOME

Tazewell, VA

#29 Jan 4, 2014
BRIAN JACKSON ASBURY

United States

#31 Jan 12, 2014
i glad no one was hurt
Gloria

Richlands, VA

#32 Apr 17, 2014
How can we nominate David for "hometown hero" for WCYB? I'd like to get a petition together and get David and his store on the news for some recognition for helping these people after that fire. He showed true character and integrity in a time that saw Tazewell in crisis. This is the least any of us could do for such a caring, charitable business owner. This man receives a lot of flack on here from haters but I for one salute him and know many other upstanding citizens that do too. He is a great example of what's true man acts like.

David, ignore the hates. Keep on doing what you do The Lord will keep shining his unlimited blessings upon you.
Finally

Richlands, VA

#33 Apr 29, 2014
Gloria wrote:
How can we nominate David for "hometown hero" for WCYB? I'd like to get a petition together and get David and his store on the news for some recognition for helping these people after that fire. He showed true character and integrity in a time that saw Tazewell in crisis. This is the least any of us could do for such a caring, charitable business owner. This man receives a lot of flack on here from haters but I for one salute him and know many other upstanding citizens that do too. He is a great example of what's true man acts like.
David, ignore the hates. Keep on doing what you do The Lord will keep shining his unlimited blessings upon you.
Great ideas. We need to get this man the recognition he deserves for his leadership an acts of kindness.
Josh Brown

United States

#34 Apr 30, 2014
David Hess is the rudest person I've ever encountered. He thinks he's entitled to anything and everything but the only thing he's entitled to is another cheeseburger!!! Boyyyyy he's chubby
Josh Brown

Richlands, VA

#35 Apr 30, 2014
^ was not me. I support Hess.
Wondering

Richlands, VA

#36 May 1, 2014
Josh Brown wrote:
David Hess is the rudest person I've ever encountered. He thinks he's entitled to anything and everything but the only thing he's entitled to is another cheeseburger!!! Boyyyyy he's chubby
He ain't fat he is all muscle from loafing and unloading all day. He put's in a real workout at work. Do you work anything besides your mouth and fingers?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man trying to blow up Toronto gas station caugh... Mon no wonder eh 1
News Albany fire injuries woman, destroys home Mon Katetall 1
News Pa. Arson Suspects: Ghosts Ordered Barn Fire (Apr '16) Mon weapon X 57
News Firefighters battle two Harford apartment fires... Mon noobieR 1
News Gans house fire a total loss (Jun '17) Mon Lynn 2
News No one injured in devastating Halton Hills hous... Mon Lucky 1
News Swanzey's Knotty Pines Antiques destroyed in fire Jan 12 Lori Moore 1
More from around the web