Idea to disband PVFRS called dangerous

Dec 28, 2012 Full story: Pahrump Valley Times 26

Ask anyone about the future of the Pahrump Town Board and inevitably the discussion leads to the fire department, the most expensive line item in the town's budget.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
William Lathrop

Pahrump, NV

#1 Dec 28, 2012
Trouble with unions is and I've belonged to several during my working years,(YES SOME AGAINST MY WISHES IN ORDERTO WORK)is the union bosses biggest interests are to keep themselves in business. They do some good but should stay away from local's meetings. Always prodding the members to press for more till they bankrupt the whole country, just as the have at General Motors.$5000+ bonuses for their workers? after Obama's give away. You, I (and don't forget how many years your kids will be paying the rest of their lives for that) till China calls in her chips. Needless to say General motors have seen the last sale of anything to me.
Just The Facts

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Dec 28, 2012
All of this discourse is well and fine but the bottom line is what the yearly aduit shows us. These firefighters have through their work and the constant movment of sick people to Las Vegas kept the town Of Pahrump in the black for at least 9 years now. Check the past audits and you will see that the Ambulance Enterprise fund provided at least one million dollars in PROFIT to the town. The full time staff are the ones who man the ambulance. I am sure that the county has their eyes on this money and wants it bad enough to start anything they can to get it. Even the current attempt to disband the town board.There comes a time when we as a community should understand that we need them and quit trying to go back the the good old days of our grandparents. One final thought in the good old days you could die from a fever, thank god for tylonol
purumpy

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Dec 28, 2012
They make a profit because the town writes off the unpaid ambulance bills, without doing that it would be a huge loss.
Kevin

United States

#4 Dec 28, 2012
Nye County will take over the PVFRS in less then 24 months and these discussions will be not needed
Owwwwwww Scarrryyyyyy

Pahrump, NV

#5 Dec 29, 2012
Yessss lets scare the little nervous soccer mom and single mom types. They are so uneducated and emotional and easy to scare with a headline like this.
Jake the snake

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Jan 8, 2013
To disband the PVFRS is a bad idea and the county take over PVFRS is a good idea.
Bill

Pahrump, NV

#7 Jan 8, 2013
Jake the snake wrote:
To disband the PVFRS is a bad idea and the county take over PVFRS is a good idea.
Disband them and go back to volunteer. Some of them are making 200 K per year.They are pulling the same crap the ones in Vegas did.
Mizell

United States

#8 Oct 6, 2013
Fire Chief Vern Long 1994-2000 firefighters love this guy and wish he never left
Fire Chief Mike Ernst, Barry Jennings and Roger Erickson 2000-2002 short lived
Fire Chief Scott Lewis 2002-2013 multiple sex scandal with firefighters and their wives, osha investigations, eeoc investigations, vote of no confidence from firefighters union, 5 lawsuit filed against him, female harassment complaint, falsification of ISO reports, firefighter, wife, and daughter abuse incidents, police reports, cant get hired anywhere, stuck in pahrump for ever, no wonder it makes cence
Walls

United States

#9 Oct 11, 2013
The Mesquite Fire Department operates out of two fire stations with 25 employees on the payroll for a total annual budget of $3.305 million. 90.2 percent of its total operating budget is allocated to Total Compensation, which includes salaries, OT, all benefits and pension contributions. Of the entire City of Mesquite budget, 17.7 percent is devoted to the Fire Department.

Boulder City Fire Department operates out of one fire station with 21 employees with an annual budget of $3.274 million. 89.6 percent of its total operating budget is allocated to Total Compensation. Boulder City dedicates 12.7 percent of its total city budget to its Fire Department.

Pahrump Fire Department operates out of 3.5 fire stations with 28 employees and because of a crappy, selfish, and sex addict fire chief nothing has change in 10 years.
Slimball

Ashburn, VA

#10 Oct 20, 2013
When is Chiefs next swinger party ?? Slimball
Chiefy

United States

#11 Oct 20, 2013
Slimball wrote:
When is Chiefs next swinger party ?? Slimball
There's one tonite at firehouse 1----bring your wife or someone else's.

I will WEDGIE everyone personally.
Chiefy

United States

#12 Oct 21, 2013
I will also Be giving SPANKINGS to all you naughty FIREMAN.
Mike Compost

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#13 Oct 21, 2013
Can I come and be WEDGIED too???
Obrien

United States

#14 Oct 22, 2013
Anyone see the picture 3 years ago of the fire chief running with one child from the burning trailer......my question to him where were your firefighters???? Why arent you managing the incident like a fire chief is suppose to. Did you have firefighters in Vegas on transports? Did you even have enough firefighters on scene to manage the incident???? Has it becum a daily problem for you and you sugar coat it to your bosses?? I hope this kids didn't die because of your lack of leadership!!!!! The public deserves more not a ego manic chief who is a fraud....BTW why dont you have a assistant chief or battalion chief like every other FD is the USA. Are you afraid of someone being capable of replacing you when the town board catches on to your game?? Can you every look in the mirror call yourself a fire chief.No wonder parimp fire department is the laughing stock of the fire service. No wonder everyone is testing for other departments.how are all those lawsuits treating you chief. Stop trying to be a hero and keep your dic in your pants and run the FD the right way.
Stevie

Montebello, CA

#15 Oct 22, 2013
Obrien wrote:
Anyone see the picture 3 years ago of the fire chief running with one child from the burning trailer......my question to him where were your firefighters???? Why arent you managing the incident like a fire chief is suppose to. Did you have firefighters in Vegas on transports? Did you even have enough firefighters on scene to manage the incident???? Has it becum a daily problem for you and you sugar coat it to your bosses?? I hope this kids didn't die because of your lack of leadership!!!!! The public deserves more not a ego manic chief who is a fraud....BTW why dont you have a assistant chief or battalion chief like every other FD is the USA. Are you afraid of someone being capable of replacing you when the town board catches on to your game?? Can you every look in the mirror call yourself a fire chief.No wonder parimp fire department is the laughing stock of the fire service. No wonder everyone is testing for other departments.how are all those lawsuits treating you chief. Stop trying to be a hero and keep your dic in your pants and run the FD the right way.
Remember when you were crying cause they took the firework show away from you? LOL
News

United States

#16 Nov 6, 2013
This was in the pahrump valley times November 29, 2012.

Snow also wanted to point out that the majority of the union has strong disagreements on how the department is being run.

Those disagreements were directed at Fire Chief Scott Lewis.

“I can only say that a vote of no confidence went through and it was a 76 percent positive vote of no confidence. We are working together to try and address those issues,” he said.

Lewis says he doesn’t comment on union activities and didn’t provide a rebuttal to Snow’s comment about the no confidence vote.

Phone calls to Kohbarger were not returned.
Ding

Newark, DE

#18 Jan 18, 2014
Hey winning, Nye is going to be controlling the fire rescue department next year.
idea

Mesquite, NV

#19 Feb 8, 2014
I think its a good idea to disband them now
Yup

United States

#20 Feb 8, 2014
Firefighter Campos v. Town of Pahrump, Scott Lewis
Plaintiff: Michael J Campos
Defendant: Town of Pahrump, Scott Lewis

Case Number: 2:2013cv00218
Filed: February 7, 2013

Court: Nevada District Court
Office: Las Vegas Office
Presiding Judge: Miranda M. Du
Referring Judge: George Foley

Nature of Suit: Civil Rights: Americans with Disabilities - Employment
Cause of Action: 28:1441 Petition for Removal - Employment Discrim
Jury Demanded By: None
Yep

United States

#21 Feb 8, 2014
Firefighter Fernandes v. Town of Pahrump, Scott Lewis
Plaintiff: Rodd Fernandes
Defendant: Town of Pahrump, County of Nye, Scott Lewis

Case Number: 2:2009cv00494
Filed: March 13, 2009

Court: Nevada District Court
Office: Racketeer/Corrupt Organization Office
County: Clark
0 Judge:
Referring Judge: George Foley
Presiding Judge: Robert C. Jones

Nature of Suit: Plaintiff
Cause of Action: Federal Question
Jury Demanded By: 18:1961 Racketeering (RICO) Act

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago Ridge fire chief resigns, officials loo... 2 hr Every Right 19
Downtown restaurant hit by fire Monday morning Thu Cinderella 1
Two juvenile escapees accused of arson, burglar... Thu Alphons 1
Matterhorn Inn a total loss Thu you suck 1
ferguson Wed fire 50 min respo... 1
Fire calls: Nov. 17 - 23 Wed 50 min response time 2
Fired investigator says city retaliated against... Nov 26 KoK-LoL 3

Fire People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE