Christian County sheriff seeks owner of soot-covered dog found in forest fire

Jul 9, 2012 Full story: KYTV Springfield 29

Christian County Sheriff Joey Kyle is looking for the owner of a small dog that he rescued from the forest fire his his county last week.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mrstrish

Ozark, MO

#1 Jul 9, 2012
Media hore... Craigslist would have worked just fine.
Observer

Ozark, MO

#2 Jul 10, 2012
Mrstrish wrote:
Media hore... Craigslist would have worked just fine.
You are extremely desperate to comment on anything Joey does. I don't check Craigslist and know many others who don't. What if the owner of this dog does not even have internet and is not even aware Craigslist exists? The newspaper is the traditional way of getting information out to the public. If this story did not help find the dog's original owner, it probably did help it find a new home. One less dog in a shelter or put to sleep. Why is this a problem for you?
Mrstrish

Ozark, MO

#3 Jul 10, 2012
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
You are extremely desperate to comment on anything Joey does. I don't check Craigslist and know many others who don't. What if the owner of this dog does not even have internet and is not even aware Craigslist exists? The newspaper is the traditional way of getting information out to the public. If this story did not help find the dog's original owner, it probably did help it find a new home. One less dog in a shelter or put to sleep. Why is this a problem for you?
I have a hard time believing if it wasn't an election year, he would have done this.
Observer

Branson, MO

#4 Jul 10, 2012
Mrstrish wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a hard time believing if it wasn't an election year, he would have done this.
Funny what you have a hard time believing. Maybe you should try to get to know someone before making a bunch of negative comments. I do know Mr. Kyle has other animals, some with disabilities, who he cares very much about and not just in an election year. If you would quit trying to divide the world into those who agree with you and those who don't, you might find you have more in common with others than you think. If you would try to see things from other people's perspective, you might earn enough respect for them to see your perspective. Someone like you who is unable to even hear what others are saying is not worth listening to. You filter all information to fit the decisions you have already made. You may never understand it, but some people do understand what marijuana is, what it does, how it helps, and yet still do not want it legalized. When it is able to be prescribed in a consistent form and dosage and regulated like other strong, addictive medications, then that form of it makes sense. Currently, the legal medical use is just a cover for recreational use. Of all the legal marijuana, only about 10% is used for it's intended medical use.(Thought I'd make up an educated guess, I mean statistic.)
Mrstrish

Ozark, MO

#5 Jul 11, 2012
I don't like the sheriff because he lies to the voting public. Any politican who lies to the voting public needs to go. In his attempt to convince good people that cannabis is bad, he showed he does not understand how laws are made. How can we expect someone to enforce law, if he doesn't have the fundamental knowledge on how law is made?

Other strong, addictive medicine huh? Again, please educate yourself in this before talking about it.
Mrstrish

Ozark, MO

#6 Jul 11, 2012
He went to the media before checking if the dog had been microchipped. That shows either a lack of intelligence, or a lack of basic understanding of today's society. Once again, his attempt to use the media to get votes has backfired on him.

Since: Jul 12

Appleton City, MO

#7 Jul 12, 2012
Joey could have taken the dog to any animal clinic and checked to see if it was chipped vs. going to the media and having to his voice on the news every day until it got adopted. what made this dog so special that it needed attention. Joey has just taken animals to the Ozark shelters before.

so observer tell us please what made this dog so special if this being an election year has nothing to do with it
voter

Ozark, MO

#8 Jul 13, 2012
You heartless people are obviously not dog lovers.This precious ,scared little dog needed love and attention and Joey and his family were willing to give it .Putting him in a kennel at a vet's office...you must be joking.
Observer

Branson, MO

#9 Jul 13, 2012
How do you know he went to the media with it? The media was already there and saw a heart-tugging story they thought would draw viewers. It was related to the fire they were already covering. Stories like this are on the news all the time. The dog obviously had a close call with the fire and survived. You have to be pretty self centered not to feel for the dog and hope he finds his family. They make movies about this kind of thing.
Those of us who live in the county know how hard it is to deal with stray dogs. There are too many to take every one of them in. Many of us in the county already have more dogs than we would like because a certain stray touched us.
You may need to get better informed about kennels in Christian County. There is no county animal control. The Ozark and Nixa animal controls only take animals from inside city limits. There is no place to take dogs from the county unless you pay a vet to hold them. The CARE shelter only takes animals from other shelters. They do not take in animals off the street.
Observer

Branson, MO

#10 Jul 13, 2012
Mrstrish wrote:
Other strong, addictive medicine huh? Again, please educate yourself in this before talking about it.
If it is not regulated as such, it will be too easily accessible for recreational use instead of medical use. I am well educated in this and unlike you, open minded to the many aspects associated with it. You need to decide if you are advocating for medical use or recreational use and who should have access to it. You seem to want to open it up for everyone, including kids, to smoke like cigarettes.
MrsTrish

Ozark, MO

#11 Jul 13, 2012
You heartless people are obviously not dog lovers.This precious ,scared little dog needed love and attention and Joey and his family were willing to give it .Putting him in a kennel at a vet's office...you must be joking.

Can you copy and paste where anyone says they don't care about the dog? I seemed to have missed that.

If it is not regulated as such, it will be too easily accessible for recreational use instead of medical use. I am well educated in this and unlike you, open minded to the many aspects associated with it.

Great, finally someone who knows what they are talking about.So please explain why all other substances that are mentally addictive are legal and cannabis is not.

You need to decide if you are advocating for medical use or recreational use and who should have access to it.

Regulated like alcohol.

You seem to want to open it up for everyone, including kids, to smoke like cigarettes.

Now, for someone so educated on it, your just being silly.. Everyone knows that regulating it like alcohol will reduce teen usage, which is one of the reasons we fight for regulation vs. prohibition.
voter

Sparta, MO

#12 Jul 13, 2012
I'm anxious to see how Mrs Trish can go from talking about a rescued dog to legalizing pot as she does in every other discussion,waiting...
MrsTrish

Ozark, MO

#13 Jul 13, 2012
voter wrote:
I'm anxious to see how Mrs Trish can go from talking about a rescued dog to legalizing pot as she does in every other discussion,waiting...
Look above...
Why

Branson, MO

#14 Jul 16, 2012
MrsTrish wrote:
You need to decide if you are advocating for medical use or recreational use and who should have access to it.
Regulated like alcohol.
You seem to want to open it up for everyone, including kids, to smoke like cigarettes.
Now, for someone so educated on it, your just being silly.. Everyone knows that regulating it like alcohol will reduce teen usage, which is one of the reasons we fight for regulation vs. prohibition.
Underage drinking is very common. Why would underage pot smoking not be?
You quoted examples of young people drinking alcohol being reduced in areas with legal medical use of pot. Clearly, even regulating it for medical use only resulted in an increase of recreational use including by those who would be under age.
MrsTrish

Ozark, MO

#15 Jul 17, 2012
Underage drinking is very common. Why would underage pot smoking not be?

I'm not saying that either would just go away, I am saying that teens have a harder time getting alcohol than cannabis. Regulation is why. Nothing will ever completely get the problem to go away, but we have a duty and responsibility to put roadblocks in the way, and business owners require ID, drug dealers don't.

You quoted examples of young people drinking alcohol being reduced in areas with legal medical use of pot.

No, that study had nothing to do with ages at all. It's just plain numbers. Alcohol use among all decreased, as did traffic fatalities.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-574569...
There is anecdotal evidence that medical marijuana is finding its way into the hands of teenagers, but there's no statistical evidence that legalization increases the probability of use," Daniel I. Rees, a professor of economics at the University of Colorado Denver, said in a written statement.
Why

Ava, MO

#16 Jul 19, 2012
MrsTrish wrote:
There is anecdotal evidence that medical marijuana is finding its way into the hands of teenagers, but there's no statistical evidence that legalization increases the probability of use," Daniel I. Rees, a professor of economics at the University of Colorado Denver, said in a written statement.
Why would anyone trust what a professor of economics says about the effect of legalizing pot on teenage use of it? This is not an economics question. The fact is, you can legalize and regulate and people will still grow it and sell it to anyone who will buy it. Illegal growers don't have the expense of packageing, paperwork, advertising, or paying off politicians. Even those growing for medical use will sell part of the harvest illegally. Making it legal does nothing to slow down teen use. If you have ever known teenagers, you know those who would say no to an illegal substance are more likely to say yes to a substance that is legal, even if it is only legal for older individuals or for medical use. Kids abuse prescription drugs because they think they are safer than street drugs. Kids drink alcohol partially because it is a legal substance, therefore, safer than illegal substances with less penalties if caught.
MrsTrish

Branson, MO

#17 Jul 19, 2012
If you have ever known teenagers, you know those who would say no to an illegal substance are more likely to say yes to a substance that is legal, even if it is only legal for older individuals or for medical use.

This isn't true. Alcohol and tobacco use is dropping like a rock for teens, and cannabis use is up. Partly due to education and partly due to regulation. Prohibition is never going to work completely. No one is claiming that making it legal will make all teen's stop using, we are just saying it will make it harder for them to get a hold of.

CBS/AP) Results from the latest teen survey from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) are a mixed bag. The survey showed fewer teens are turning to alcohol and cigarettes than ever before. But the "Monitoring the Future" survey also found that marijuana use is rising steadily among America's teens.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-573430...
HAHAHA

Ozark, MO

#18 Jul 25, 2012
KYLE is an idiot. Enough said
Knobber

Nixa, MO

#19 Jul 30, 2012
Well, it's obvious that whoever runs this silly little blog or whatever you call it is a big Joey Kyle supporter. When I posted a comment on just exactly what Kyle and his hinchmen run things they deleted it wothout posting a reason. WHAT A BUNCH OF COWARDS!!! The truth hurts, don't it you coward?
So What

United States

#20 Jul 30, 2012
Knobber wrote:
Well, it's obvious that whoever runs this silly little blog or whatever you call it is a big Joey Kyle supporter. When I posted a comment on just exactly what Kyle and his hinchmen run things they deleted it wothout posting a reason. WHAT A BUNCH OF COWARDS!!! The truth hurts, don't it you coward?
You sound like a moron. Topix is a nationwide news/discussion site based out of California. The site is localized to practically every city in the U.S. I'd say from the comment directly above yours that its obvious they aren't for or against Sheriff Kyle. I would imagine that your comment got deleted because you spouted something derogatory and ignorant like your above post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Lenox fire district tabs Engledow as chief 11 hr Taxpayer for years 2
Andersonville to begin subscription fire service (Oct '12) 18 hr To plethoraofworthl 260
Historic riverfront mansion gutted by fire 18 hr CodSack 2
Meet The Woman Who Just Won A 'Genius' Award Fo... 22 hr Earthling-1 1
Donetsk cleans up from shelling in eastern Ukraine Fri George 2
Fires near CMHR draw attention to aboriginal is... Fri general population 3
HemetHEMET: Firefighters not giving up fight to... Sep 18 West end Resident 2
•••

Fire People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••