Public safety comes to forefront of W...

Public safety comes to forefront of West Covina recall movement

There are 7 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Apr 22, 2012, titled Public safety comes to forefront of West Covina recall movement. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

Anyone who doesn't know the history of the latest recall effort against three council members here might guess the central issue is whether to maintain the city's police and fire departments.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

wc resident

Arcadia, CA

#1 Apr 24, 2012
Love the article! It exposed the Truth and what these 3 Council members are doing to our Fair City. Herfert still claims the city safety would be compromised if a "Recaller earned a seat on Council" Who said they want it? Doesn't he have bigger issues to deal with? Do to the economy working people all over the country are dealing with salary issues and other work related cuts,the Police and Fire in West Covina are not exempt..it's unfortunate but it is what it is. We need our Polce and Fire they do a great job protecting our City! What we don't need is Herfert using the Police and Fire as his Crutch! Because he will Fall!
RECALL is HERE

West Covina, CA

#2 May 30, 2012
I collected 500 signatures so far.
Toughy you are going DOWN!
You are getting recalled!
Awesome Recaller

Covina, CA

#3 May 31, 2012
RECALL is HERE wrote:
I collected 500 signatures so far.
Toughy you are going DOWN!
You are getting recalled!
THAT'S GREAT! Only 29,500 more signatures needed. Good Job!!!
I'm sure Toughy's scared now, ooo
Dead Skunk

Covina, CA

#6 Jun 3, 2012
Where can I sign the recall petition?
Joe

West Covina, CA

#7 Jun 8, 2012
Dead Skunk wrote:
Where can I sign the recall petition?
Target store this weekend on azusa by field of dreams & Home depot
Joe

West Covina, CA

#8 Jun 8, 2012
After looking further into this whole thing I find that the cost of a recall is something that this city cannot afford. If the police are not taking any side on this then I believe that it is not about Safety at all. If it is about financial incompetance, and as far as I can tell this is something that has been going on for years,STOP ELECTING THE SAME DAMN PEOPLE INTO OFFICE!!!. Recalls are not to be used for disagreements about decisions made by politians. Those can be blocked pretty easily using the proper channels. I say wait for the next election and vote them out. Unless you can PROVE crimminal doings. The EVERGREEN deal sounds bogus and as far as I can see MANY cities have decided against getting into bed with Athens. However there is no proof of illegal activities and I think time and effort would be better used for the gathering of actual proof of things. I love trees but I do not think causing a 250,000$ special election shows much fiscal responibility.
Eye on Mark Smith

Pasadena, CA

#9 Jun 20, 2012
Poor West Covina. I heard that Mark Smith was at the Council Meeting there. He is from Glendora and he screwing up their meetings too ??? More lies and trashing mouthing people. Done it for a long time in Glendora now he is in West Covina. He supports the RECALL in a city he doesn't live in or shop in. What an ass.
Why haven't they arrested him ??? Doesn't he have something out-standing. Hey 5150 WIC as he he is a threat to himself and others.
I heard that the Graffiti company that lost a bid to clean up the city brought red T-Shirts for people to wear at the council meeting. Most of them were little kids. Because they didn't get the contract, they want to recall the council. I have to make to one of these meeting. Smith will crap his pants when he sees me there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former PA Firefighter Admits Theft While in Uni... 8 hr weapon X 3
News Dover fair has historic roots (Jul '08) Fri Pinhead 5
News Firefighter fatality reported at huge Californi... Fri Concave 1
News The Latest: Trump: US must fix 'lax immigration... Dec 11 Jose 1
News Fires blaze across Houston residences overnight Dec 11 FART LUMPS 4
News Fire Chief Accused Of Showing Up Drunk To Scene... (Nov '13) Dec 11 HePhart 5
News Investigation continues in OKC firefighter's ar... Dec 10 privateclub 1
More from around the web