Pension fund faces shortfall: El Paso police, firefighters seek more money from city

Feb 16, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: El Paso Times

More than five years after receiving a $210 million bailout from the city, the El Paso Firemen and Policemen's Pension Fund has asked for more public money to solve a $270 million funding shortfall.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Dame Agua

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Don't give a dime we have a stadium to build and a bridge to finish
Aqua Dame

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Dame Agua wrote:
Don't give a dime we have a stadium to build and a bridge to finish
Hey porky who the hell is we.
Dame Agua

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Aqua Dame wrote:
<quoted text> Hey porky who the hell is we.
Me and your momma and sisters.
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

The pension fund was not properly taken care of because the city council was trying to keep their jobs and the city and the union failed to work out a raise in retirement deductions along with the fire department. Not once did the city increase the deduction for fire and police in 2008 and 2009. They had that city ordinance fight for benefits for gays, lesbians and others going on.
DC Dave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Don't give them chit. They don't deserve crap. Maybe mayor crook can play them the blues.
Repercussions

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 17, 2013
 
Expect to see a massive increase in tickets. Slightous thing and you will be stopped. Just my thought.
Huey Goins

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 18, 2013
 
DC Dave wrote:
Don't give them chit. They don't deserve crap. Maybe mayor crook can play them the blues.
We have to give them a raise. we need good people to run for office and pay them to make it worth their time and effort to run. Other wise only rich affluent people would run and they would be looking to benefit them selves and their personal causes and we might wind up with something like you a f..ing idiot that does not know his ass from a hole in the ground.
Balls to the Wall

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Huey Goins wrote:
<quoted text> We have to give them a raise. we need good people to run for office and pay them to make it worth their time and effort to run. Other wise only rich affluent people would run and they would be looking to benefit them selves and their personal causes and we might wind up with something like you a f..ing idiot that does not know his ass from a hole in the ground.
Ese pendejo de tu perra madre, this is not about giving anyone a raise you moron. This is about funding a pension that clearly cannot be administered properly by the current pension board you idiota.
Huey Goins

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Balls to the Wall wrote:
<quoted text>Ese pendejo de tu perra madre, this is not about giving anyone a raise you moron. This is about funding a pension that clearly cannot be administered properly by the current pension board you idiota.
You sound like you do not know shit from shinola and the only balls you got are up under your chin macho man. Learn how to speak American here in America or just blow it out your ass.
Little Ricky Melendrez

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Huey Goins wrote:
<quoted text> You sound like you do not know shit from shinola and the only balls you got are up under your chin macho man. Learn how to speak American here in America or just blow it out your ass.
Stop crying line an old azz queer JWR.
_49ER_Arrrrrr_

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 18, 2013
 
Dame Agua wrote:
Don't give a dime we have a stadium to build and a bridge to finish
Don't forget Artivinos Smoke Stack and the New Gay Bar they are building on the Eastside!
William Pena

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

_49ER_Arrrrrr_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget Artivinos Smoke Stack and the New Gay Bar they are building on the Eastside!
Too much chorizo up your culo again huh? You filthy flamer.
DC Dave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 18, 2013
 
Huey Goins wrote:
<quoted text> We have to give them a raise. we need good people to run for office and pay them to make it worth their time and effort to run. Other wise only rich affluent people would run and they would be looking to benefit them selves and their personal causes and we might wind up with something like you a f..ing idiot that does not know his ass from a hole in the ground.
Please read the article before you post you ignorant mexicant frijole.
Huey Goins

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 18, 2013
 
Little Ricky Melendrez wrote:
<quoted text>Stop crying line an old azz queer JWR.
Don't know what a JWR is but I know what DFI is.I don't know but I been tole that Little Ricky has a bloody so in so.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fire Discussions

Search the Fire Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Illegal fireworks spark fires in Gulf Shores & ... 6 min Give Him a Brain 40
Chattanooga Group Protesting Hobby Lobby After ... 2 hr N8 the Grrr8 3
Steak and Shake Fire 7 hr Friend 20
Mother and child burned in Springfield motel ro... 8 hr They die Faster its good 2
Bush fire likely caused by cigarette butt 8 hr They die Faster its good 2
Family fled as neighbour sparked blaze after dr... 8 hr They die Faster its good 2
Cigarettes Cause Mutliple Structure Fires In Ab... 8 hr They die Faster its good 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••