Search Continues in Cave City for Mis...

Search Continues in Cave City for Missing Man

There are 62 comments on the Villager Journal Online story from Jun 13, 2010, titled Search Continues in Cave City for Missing Man. In it, Villager Journal Online reports that:

Silas Lucas, missing from the Cave City Nursing Home June 12. If seen, call 911.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Villager Journal Online.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
willis

College Station, TX

#1 Jun 14, 2010
i heard that he was found but he has died behind the new high school

Since: May 10

Willard, OH

#2 Jun 14, 2010
Yes he has been found. And yes he has passed away. I would like to thank all who helped in the search for my uncle. God bless you all. This shows that there are still good people in the world. Again THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS.
This never should happen

Little Rock, AR

#3 Jun 14, 2010
What happened to were no one knew this patient had escaped??? Come on people if that was someone in my family I would be very very very upset!!!!
Holly

Batesville, AR

#4 Jun 15, 2010
Beleive me, the family is upset. He was put there to be monitored. Apparently that didnt happen.
CRAZY

Lake Charles, LA

#5 Jun 15, 2010
that facility is REALLY bad. I used to work there and I wouldnt recommend putting a dog in there. Its sad how people are treated in that facilty. Its sad that this happened and granted it could happen in any facility. But to work there and see what goes on on a daily basis you would realize what I mean. You have to have a heart to work with old people and if you cant treat them with respect then you dont need to work with older people. Those girls dont realize that one of these days they will be old to and they will be in the same shape as some of those people and they will be at the mercy of others that might be just as heartless as them. But I guess what goes around comes around!!!
kricket

Cave City, AR

#6 Jun 15, 2010
first let me say that they are VERY upset about this.And if CCNH is such a bad place then why are they one of the best in the area? And if you use to work there then they are probley glad your gone.And if you have a heart then why did you leave or did you get fired? I know that the people that work there care for the residents very much,what happened was a accident and could have happened ANYWHERE!!!!!I welcome anyone to come see how much they do care for and love the resident.
This never should happen

Little Rock, AR

#7 Jun 15, 2010
CRAZY wrote:
that facility is REALLY bad. I used to work there and I wouldnt recommend putting a dog in there. Its sad how people are treated in that facilty. Its sad that this happened and granted it could happen in any facility. But to work there and see what goes on on a daily basis you would realize what I mean. You have to have a heart to work with old people and if you cant treat them with respect then you dont need to work with older people. Those girls dont realize that one of these days they will be old to and they will be in the same shape as some of those people and they will be at the mercy of others that might be just as heartless as them. But I guess what goes around comes around!!!
I agree these people are messing with other peoples lives!!!!! Just think some day you are thinking I wonder how I am going to die.....oh by the neglect of a nursing home worker...IT COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED!!!!!!!! WHAT!!!!!!! Yeah these people need to get a grip on realaity!!!!!
This never should happen

Little Rock, AR

#8 Jun 15, 2010
kricket wrote:
first let me say that they are VERY upset about this.And if CCNH is such a bad place then why are they one of the best in the area? And if you use to work there then they are probley glad your gone.And if you have a heart then why did you leave or did you get fired? I know that the people that work there care for the residents very much,what happened was a accident and could have happened ANYWHERE!!!!!I welcome anyone to come see how much they do care for and love the resident.
THEN WERE IN THE HELL WAS SOMONE WHEN THAT POOR MAN WALKED OUT IN 100 DEGREE WEATHER AND NEVER HAD A CHANCE!!!! YOU PEOOPLE MAKE ME SICK TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY!!!!!!!! IT IS YOUR FAULT THAT MAN IS DEAD!!!!! LIVE WITH THAT!!!! NO ONE DESERVES TO DIE LIKE THAT!! BY THE WAY CC NURSING HOME IS NOT ONE OF THE BEST WE ALL KNOW BETTER THAN THAT!!!! OWN UP TO THE CC HOME MISTAKES THAT COST A MAN HIS LIFE!!!!
Dawn Gilmore

Cave City, AR

#9 Jun 15, 2010
I worked At CCNH for over five years, and I know for a fact the Residents are LOVED. They are still my family and I would recommend the facility to anyone. What happened is so heartbreaking, but it was an accident that could happen at any facility, regardless of the numerous precautions they have in place. CCNH is doing everything they can to make sure this never happens again. They have to maintain Dignity and Residents Rights all the while keeping them protected from every hazard imaginable. That is a huge undertaking for each and every Resident. They all have highly individualized care to keep them as happy, comfortable and safe as possible. God Bless Cave City Nursing Home.
This never should happen

Little Rock, AR

#10 Jun 15, 2010
Dawn Gilmore wrote:
I worked At CCNH for over five years, and I know for a fact the Residents are LOVED. They are still my family and I would recommend the facility to anyone. What happened is so heartbreaking, but it was an accident that could happen at any facility, regardless of the numerous precautions they have in place. CCNH is doing everything they can to make sure this never happens again. They have to maintain Dignity and Residents Rights all the while keeping them protected from every hazard imaginable. That is a huge undertaking for each and every Resident. They all have highly individualized care to keep them as happy, comfortable and safe as possible. God Bless Cave City Nursing Home.
Tell that to the family that lost a loved one!!!!!! If that was someone in my family the person in charge of that patient wouldn't have a job to go too and as a matter of fact cc nursing home would be gone!!! Take some responsibility people!!!! YOU SAY YOU ARE SORRY BUT YOU NEVER SAY WELL IT WAS OUR FAULT THAT MAN DIED A HORRIBLE DEATH!!!!!!! MAY GOD BE WITH THE OTHER RESIDENTS!!!!
CRAZY

Lake Charles, LA

#11 Jun 16, 2010
kricket wrote:
first let me say that they are VERY upset about this.And if CCNH is such a bad place then why are they one of the best in the area? And if you use to work there then they are probley glad your gone.And if you have a heart then why did you leave or did you get fired? I know that the people that work there care for the residents very much,what happened was a accident and could have happened ANYWHERE!!!!!I welcome anyone to come see how much they do care for and love the resident.
No BUG I didnt get fired I quit cause I couldnt stand working with the women there and watching them neglect and make fun of the little old people in that facility. YOU MAY THINK THAT YOUR THIS FACILITY IS THE BEST ONE CAUSE ITS THE ONLY NURSING HOME IN THAT AREA!!! I know for a FACT that this place is bad. Anyone can put on a front to do a tour around the facility but they will never see what goes on behind closed doors.
Sonya Reynolds

Cave City, AR

#12 Jun 16, 2010
Everyone at our nursing home feels horrible about what happened to one of our residents. We all have shed many tears over this awful accident,and yes that's exactly what it is.We do love and care for everyone of our residents. Stop and think about how each one of you would feel if it happened to you or your nursing home. We feel sick about what happened and reading this crap makes us feel even worse,so you need to stop belittling us because you never know what could happen at your own place of employment,it could happen to you,no one can know the future except God Himself and that is The One who truly knows how each one of us feels and He knows how we feel about our residents,their an extended part of our family. I can only imagine how the family of this man feels...I would be devastated and pissed as anyone should be...if that was my daddy or grandpa,any family member for that matter and no one can blame them for feeling that way.My heart goes out to them. Yes it was the nursing homes fault,there is no one else to blame,and we know that but it doesn't have to be rubbed in our faces,but accidents do happen. Everyone who is putting us down in every way possible needs to remember that. Thanks to everyone standing behind us and our nursing home. Also whoever crazy is you must not be telling the truth because you most certainly did not put your name on here,or maybe you did!
kricket

Cave City, AR

#13 Jun 16, 2010
So Crazy you must have worked with the people that dont work there now.Just when did you work there? Because the people that work there now care for the residents very much.You should not be bashing all of the workers because they are not all bad.Yes you will have people everywhere you work that dont pull there weight.But everyone that works there cares for the residents.I'm not saying that someone is not to blame for this but dont bash everyone that works there.And there are other nursing homes around there are some in batesville.If CCNH is SO bad then why are families putting their loved ones in CCNH instead of one of the ones in Batesville?
so tired of it

United States

#14 Jun 16, 2010
yes the loss of mr. silas is no doubt a horrible freak thing that all nursing facilties fear. some residents in their minds want to go home even if their unable to take care of themselves. unfortunatly they catch a right time and go. most all are found quickly sadly not in this case. crazy the things you have said about our home are so wrong. how long did you work there. i have worked there for years and have seen anyonetreated badly. you say you quit because of the way the residents were treated, i say bull if you cared about our family you would have reported this behavior not just turn your back on them and run. youwere not worthy of being employed by ccnh
sally

Cave City, AR

#15 Jun 16, 2010
Has anyone thought maybe they need to install cameras for each exit or ankle alarms for the patients? I've known Silas for 35 years. Too bad he left without anyone knowing. But don't call it an accident, it was neglect.
sally

Cave City, AR

#16 Jun 16, 2010
skull captn wrote:
Yes he has been found. And yes he has passed away. I would like to thank all who helped in the search for my uncle. God bless you all. This shows that there are still good people in the world. Again THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS.
How is Silas your uncle?
Sonya Reynolds

Cave City, AR

#17 Jun 16, 2010
We have 80 or so residents,so if you have ever worked in a nursing home you know how chaotic it can be at time,no one purposely let him out that's why I say accident. We take very good care of our residents and would never do ANYTHING to cause them harm. I believe neglect is something you knowingly, an accident is just what it is an accident.
Jennifer Stout

Little Rock, AR

#18 Jun 16, 2010
Sonya Reynolds wrote:
We have 80 or so residents,so if you have ever worked in a nursing home you know how chaotic it can be at time,no one purposely let him out that's why I say accident. We take very good care of our residents and would never do ANYTHING to cause them harm. believe neglect is something you knowingly, an accident is just what it is an accident.
I DONT THINK THAT SAYING IT IS CHAOTIC JUSTIFIES SOMEONE WHO IS DEAD BECAUSE IT WAS "CHAOTIC"!!!! OH SORRY YOUR DAD DIED BUT YOU KNOW IT WAS JUST SO CHAOTIC K BYE! CAVE CITY NURSING HOME NEEDS TO OWN UP TO WHAT HAS HAPPENED AND QUIT COMPLAINING HOW CHAOTIC IT IS AND HOW GOOD THEY ARE THE TO PATIENTS BECAUSE HELLO OBIVIOUSLY THERE NOT SOMEONE DIED THEY DIED THEY ARE NO MORE A LIFE IS GONE DOES THAT NOT MEAN ANYTHING TO ANYONE????
Grasshopper

Little Rock, AR

#19 Jun 16, 2010
kricket wrote:
So Crazy you must have worked with the people that dont work there now.Just when did you work there? Because the people that work there now care for the residents very much.You should not be bashing all of the workers because they are not all bad.Yes you will have people everywhere you work that dont pull there weight.But everyone that works there cares for the residents.I'm not saying that someone is not to blame for this but dont bash everyone that works there.And there are other nursing homes around there are some in batesville.If CCNH is SO bad then why are families putting their loved ones in CCNH instead of one of the ones in Batesville?
SOMEONE DIED YOU IDOT!!! IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T HEARD THAT IS BAD!!
Has Energy

Little Rock, AR

#20 Jun 16, 2010
so tired of it wrote:
yes the loss of mr. silas is no doubt a horrible freak thing that all nursing facilties fear. some residents in their minds want to go home even if their unable to take care of themselves. unfortunatly they catch a right time and go. most all are found quickly sadly not in this case. crazy the things you have said about our home are so wrong. how long did you work there. i have worked there for years and have seen anyonetreated badly. you say you quit because of the way the residents were treated, i say bull if you cared about our family you would have reported this behavior not just turn your back on them and run. youwere not worthy of being employed by ccnh
WELL SO TIRED OF IT I HATE TO BOTHER YOU WITH ALL OF THIS BUT A MAN LOST HIS LIFE AND CC SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE!!! YOU ACT IF THIS IS GETTING ON YOUR NERVES.........WELL DONT WASTE YOUR TIME TALKING ABOUT IT JUST DONT WORRY ABOUT IT!!! PRAY FOR THE OTHER RESIDENTS!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Natchitoches store managers arrested on arson c... (Oct '11) 19 hr Tookie 88
News Sarah Baker, M.D., Joins CHI Memorial Medical G... Thu doper 1
News Santa Ana man gets jail time for setting his fa... Sep 19 Voice of Reason 2
News Sault Fire Services meeting expectations, says ... Sep 19 Fridge started fire 1
News Firefighter hurt battling blaze in suburban Ind... Sep 18 D Hamilton 1
News Pa. Arson Suspects: Ghosts Ordered Barn Fire (Apr '16) Sep 17 weapon X 22
News Pittsfield Apartment Building Fire Forces 2 Doz... Sep 14 Hillary from Sche... 4
More from around the web