Fire Destroys Searcy Goodwill Store

Fire Destroys Searcy Goodwill Store

There are 21 comments on the FOX16 story from Mar 22, 2013, titled Fire Destroys Searcy Goodwill Store. In it, FOX16 reports that:

A spokesperson for Goodwill Industries says its store in Searcy is destroyed after an early morning fire Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at FOX16.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous
#1 Mar 22, 2013
omg... what happened, thats a great place 2 go
Diablo

Cabot, AR

#2 Mar 22, 2013
I loved going to goodwill and looking thru the stuff. I was in there a week ago and saw some nice bar stools. I wonder how a fire could have started in the wee hours of the morning like it did. Sounds strange.
Hijacked IP

Judsonia, AR

#3 Mar 22, 2013
Well the burglar alarm sounded earlier, & when a response was served, the place was already on fire. Not sure why no attempt to extinguish the flames was rendered. Even if the current scenario is a possible crime scene first response obligation dictates that preservation of life AND property is first priority. I guess the responding officers were too afraid to get their pretty uniforms dirty. They should leave it to the REAL life heroes. We have no problem doing our jobs.(Haters, let's hear it!)
tim

United States

#4 Mar 22, 2013
I have never heard of or seen our fire department save a building.
jetjohn

Searcy, AR

#5 Mar 22, 2013
tim wrote:
Truth.

Since: Feb 13

The Town That Dreaded Sundown

#6 Mar 22, 2013
I'm calling shananigans. What's the city of Searcy gonna burn down next? Roseann Motel? I'm guessing that little strip right there where Goodwill and Street Soundz used to be will get bought and another Mexican Food place will be put in. Because you know...College kids love themselves some $10 diarrhea.

Since: Feb 13

The Town That Dreaded Sundown

#7 Mar 22, 2013
Also I hear this weekend Goodwill is having a truck set up for donations. I say we all clean house and let them know we got major love for them.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#8 Mar 22, 2013
Man, just heard about this. I always stopped in there on the ride back home from Little Rock. Really sad to hear this happened. One of my favorite thrift store stops.
Record

Searcy, AR

#9 Mar 23, 2013
tim wrote:
Another one bites the dust!
lifelong searcy resident

United States

#10 Mar 23, 2013
if new construction is started soon, there was already a plan in the works

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#11 Mar 23, 2013
Just went by there today on my way back from LR, Total devastation. Just total and utter devastation.
wellGood

Cabot, AR

#12 Mar 23, 2013
the people who run goodwill don't need goodwill...ya'll they'll be OTAY ....damn. that building was old and out of date....and they'll be millions upon millions of more old items to fill their stores with . so...they don't need a benefit fundraiser just yet.
again

Searcy, AR

#13 Mar 23, 2013
Electronic Geek wrote:
Just went by there today on my way back from LR, Total devastation. Just total and utter devastation.
sFD
fhjgdd

Searcy, AR

#14 Mar 24, 2013
Building used to be a skating rink back in the day!! Then the next one was were walmart suppercenter was!! Miss the old days!!
guest1

United States

#15 Mar 24, 2013
Hijacked IP wrote:
Well the burglar alarm sounded earlier, & when a response was served, the place was already on fire. Not sure why no attempt to extinguish the flames was rendered. Even if the current scenario is a possible crime scene first response obligation dictates that preservation of life AND property is first priority. I guess the responding officers were too afraid to get their pretty uniforms dirty. They should leave it to the REAL life heroes. We have no problem doing our jobs.(Haters, let's hear it!)
Are you a volunteer fire fighter? You seem to have the mentality of a small town rookie volunteer.
Unless you were there you don't know the circumstances. And what stage the fire was. If you are a FF (I have been for over 12 years) you should know the dangers of smoke inhalation and that an officer shouldn't risk his life to save some property. His life and well being is priority then others lives, then property if he feels his life isn't in danger.
Searcy has a great fire department. I know several of the guys and have visited their stations. Their response time was swift I'm sure.
That was an old dried building that had a high fire-load. The guys did what they could but it just wasn't a savable structure. It happens.
guest1

United States

#16 Mar 24, 2013
tim wrote:
That's a shame Tim. You should do some research. I bet if you went by one of the stations some of the guys could tell you of plenty that they have. But those don't get the publicity that they total losses do. The good jobs just filter through the cracks and the losses get put on a pedestal. But that's how it goes.
sundyb

United States

#17 Mar 25, 2013
Up next ; m & l tire beside b.k.
MyOpinion

United States

#18 Mar 25, 2013
Concidering the fact that the paper talks about building a new and better goodwill in the same spot and setting up a temp center, I'm sure this was some kinda "insurance blessing" and the firemen will say exactally what they need in order for the paper work to play in their favor. Now, we will have a nice store like Cabot has and goodwill will make more money off that junk they had thru insurance then they ever would have by sellin the shit.
yep

Searcy, AR

#19 Mar 28, 2013
Yep, I smell insurance scam!.....they sure did set up quick in Puffs old building. Like the next day they were hauling shit in there. I bet they cleared goodwill out right before they threw a Molotov cocktail through the window.
yep

Lockhart, TX

#20 Mar 29, 2013
Just like the Bible House "accidentally" caught fire.yea right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawton squatters steal utility services, light ... 2 hr craphappens 1
News The Latest: Senate confirms Kelly to lead Homel... Sun spud 6
News OKCFD Says Investigation Underway After Body Fo... Jan 21 eew 1
News Many Still Missing at Site of Iran Building Col... Jan 21 Max 3
News Ontario firefighters' battle over volunteer wor... Jan 19 movin on up 3
News Car torched, police investigating Jan 17 guest 1
News Betsy Layne family loses home to fire - Jan 17 Brenda 1
More from around the web