Sgt. Jason Rolls finally headed to trial, or is he?

Apr 9, 2013 Full story: Busted In Acadiana 125

The excerpt below of a statement written by then-Assistant Police Chief Chris David of the Krotz Spring's Police Department was convincing enough for us to take a deeper look into Nearly three years ago, 32 year old Michael Hall entered his ex-wife's house in Krotz Springs, Louisiana uninvited.

Full Story
KSLA42

United States

#83 Apr 22, 2013
If this case were about people sleeping around, the entire town would be on trial.
Loud AND Proud

Oklahoma City, OK

#84 Apr 22, 2013
Not Funny wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. Lots of corruption starting with the KSPD. The Air Force would have investigated the case. Susie Lacassin did not want them to investigative the case. Susie Lacassin has no experience investigating a homicide. Susie Lacassin decides her first homicide investigation is going to be her dispatcher's ex-husband getting shot in the dispatcher's house by her husband of five hours. Anyone who wanted to know the truth would have called an agency capable of conducting this type of investigation. No all the evidence was not turned over. This was proven today in court when the prosecutor said she discovered evidence yesterday evening.
The United States Air Force DID do their own investigation and the conclusion of that investigation is that Jason Rolls acted in self defense. That is also the same "evidence" you say the DA just discovered today. The DA has known about the USAF's investigation from the beginning. The DA is only using that to try to push the trial back (once again)because she has nothing to prosecute Jason Rolls. The report from the USAF is only going to HELP Jason Rolls' case.
Lol

Broussard, LA

#85 Apr 22, 2013
Not Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Lots of corruption starting with the KSPD. The Air Force would have investigated the case. Susie Lacassin did not want them to investigative the case. Susie Lacassin has no experience investigating a homicide. Susie Lacassin decides her first homicide investigation is going to be her dispatcher's ex-husband getting shot in the dispatcher's house by her husband of five hours. Anyone who wanted to know the truth would have called an agency capable of conducting this type of investigation. No all the evidence was not turned over. This was proven today in court when the prosecutor said she discovered evidence yesterday evening.
OMG, after almost 3 years, the prosecutor discovered new evidence yesterday morning!
It's the big break we've all been waiting for! Lets see in court tomorrow,
What will this new evidence prove? Will it prove innocence or guilt?
OMG, were all going to be on edge until we find out what this newly discovered evidence is!
Justice

Zachary, LA

#86 Apr 22, 2013
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, after almost 3 years, the prosecutor discovered new evidence yesterday morning! It's the big break we've all been waiting for! Lets see in court tomorrow, What will this new evidence prove? Will it prove innocence or guilt? OMG, were all going to be on edge until we find out what this newly discovered evidence is!
After almost three years, the proscetor said she discovered the evidence "early yesterday evening". This clearly shows Shaunn Callier is incompetence. She started to the review the case the night before trial.
Justice

Zachary, LA

#87 Apr 22, 2013
Loud AND Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
The United States Air Force DID do their own investigation and the conclusion of that investigation is that Jason Rolls acted in self defense. That is also the same "evidence" you say the DA just discovered today. The DA has known about the USAF's investigation from the beginning. The DA is only using that to try to push the trial back (once again)because she has nothing to prosecute Jason Rolls. The report from the USAF is only going to HELP Jason Rolls' case.
You are not correct. Jurdisication was never given to the United States Air Force. If jurdisication would have been given to the United States Air Force, a proper investigation would have been done by the USAF and he would have been court-martialed. If jurdisication would have been given to the USAF, Jason Rolls would not have a trial in a civilian court.
Justice

Zachary, LA

#88 Apr 22, 2013
Not Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.
The United States Constitution does not give them the authority to "go in and up charges". It is not within their jurdisication. State courts are courts of general jurisdiction and in a state criminal prosecution, the state must only prove that the offense was committed within the state and a parish. Murders committed in one state does not grant federal jurdisication. Federal courts have upheld state jurdisication in a lot of cases, to name a few, Kuerschner v. State, 493 P.2d 1402 (Okl.Cr.App. 1972), Towry v. State, 540 P.2d 597 (Okl.Cr.App. 1975)State v. Chin Ping, 91 Or. 593, 176 P. 188 (1918), and in United States v. Pate, 393 F.2d 44 (7th Cir., 1968), State v. Aguilar, 85 Or.App. 410, 736 P.2d 620 (1987), Curry v. State, 111 Tex. Cr. 264, 12 S.W.2d 796 (1928), People v. Hammond, 1 Ill.2d 65, 115 N.E.2d 331 (1953), People v. Burke, 161 Mich. 397, 126 N.W. 446 (1910), People v. Van Dyke, 276 Mich. 32, 267 N.W. 778 (1936), Kansas City v. Garner, 430 S.W.2d 630 (Mo.App. 1968), People v. Gerald, 40 Misc.2d 819, 243 N.Y.S.2d 1001 (1963).

Federal jurdisication is best stated in Caha v. United States, 152 U.S., at 215, where the Supreme Court stated as follows:

"The laws of Congress in respect to those matters do not extend into the territorial limits of the states, but have force only in the District of Columbia, and other places that are within the exclusive jurisdiction of the national government."

Most laws are state laws including most murder charges so the FBI has no jurisdiction for those unless they get creative. One common thing I can think of that they handle is kidnapping across state lines. They have power over that. Most other things they do are similar. They handle crimes that cross state lines and can't be prosecuted easily in one state. They certainly aren't the "boss" of the state jurdisication. The structure doesn't work like that.

United State Code 28 Section 3053: Powers of the Federal Bureau of Investigation

The Director, Associate Director, Assistant to the Director, Assistant Directors, inspectors, and agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation of the Department of Justice may carry firearms, serve warrants and subpoenas issued under the authority of the United States (federal laws) and make arrests without warrant for any offense against the United States (federal) committed in their presence, or for any felony cognizable under the laws of the United States (federal laws) if they have reasonable grounds to believe that the person to be arrested has committed or is committing such felony.

Watch the trial. If it continues to go down the path it has so far, they will continue to committ offenses in regard to federal laws and this will create federal jurdisication. They also rely on local law enforcement agencies to work with them and turn over written police reports so they can act. The state had jurdisication in this matter to up the charges. Local elections are held to elect people who will carry out these functions.
proud

Ponchatoula, LA

#89 Apr 23, 2013
Y'all are all so damn stupid. If that text was such a big deal, why wasn't Craig David held? He was allowed to leave today! Obviously it wasn't nothing for twaila r Jason! Y'all stuck on stupid. The text had nothing to do with this case, if so it would've came out TODAY!!! Y'all get a life and move on
Whatever

Opelousas, LA

#90 Apr 23, 2013
justice wrote:
Topix isnt gonna be a good reference in court keep running that ŒEEEEżż sucker of yours.. Everyone liked Red, he wasnt a mean person like you're making him out to be, although Twaila seems like an evil sick woman to encourage the kids to support Jason. You would know that if you were from Krotz Springs. It's not your business so why care? Why troll on a dead man making it seem okay to take someones life.. Being a military sergeant, it would seem he could handle his own trained in self defense.. just because you moved up the ranks in military branch doesnt give you the right to just kill other Americans
Jason is a coward y didn't he fight like a man? Y pull a gun on someone unarmed? Y not call the police? So the only thing this coward could do is shot an unarmed man the father of his step-children. No y not fight like a man. Jason is a coward.
stranger danger

Lafayette, LA

#91 Apr 23, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>Jason is a coward y didn't he fight like a man? Y pull a gun on someone unarmed? Y not call the police? So the only thing this coward could do is shot an unarmed man the father of his step-children. No y not fight like a man. Jason is a coward.
REAL men don't fight at all. REAL men know how to control their anger. REAL men would think about their family first. Want me to keep going? Cause I can
Whatever

Opelousas, LA

#92 Apr 23, 2013
stranger danger wrote:
<quoted text>
REAL men don't fight at all. REAL men know how to control their anger. REAL men would think about their family first. Want me to keep going? Cause I can
Yes plz do bc do real me have a loaded gun in the house with children even through they were not there that day thank God.That is where they live.Do real men sleep with married women bc she was married to someone else when Jason started being with her. Do real men move into a house another man paid for. Plz tell men about real men then write Jason and tell him bc he is not a real man.1 more thing do real men shoot and kill the unarmed father of his stepchildren in the house they have to live in.Yes plz tell me about real men.
cypress knee

Baton Rouge, LA

#93 Apr 24, 2013
proud wrote:
Y'all are all so damn stupid. If that text was such a big deal, why wasn't Craig David held? He was allowed to leave today! Obviously it wasn't nothing for twaila r Jason! Y'all stuck on stupid. The text had nothing to do with this case, if so it would've came out TODAY!!! Y'all get a life and move on
yea.. they should really use a polygraph test.
Wtf

Lafayette, LA

#94 Apr 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>Yes plz do bc do real me have a loaded gun in the house with children even through they were not there that day thank God.That is where they live.Do real men sleep with married women bc she was married to someone else when Jason started being with her. Do real men move into a house another man paid for. Plz tell men about real men then write Jason and tell him bc he is not a real man.1 more thing do real men shoot and kill the unarmed father of his stepchildren in the house they have to live in.Yes plz tell me about real men.
Are you really that ignorant? You really have to be slow to believe what you are saying.
proud

Prairieville, LA

#95 Apr 24, 2013
cypress knee wrote:
<quoted text>yea.. they should really use a polygraph test.
I hear ya but its over. People just can't let shit go
Whatever

Opelousas, LA

#96 Apr 24, 2013
Wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that ignorant? You really have to be slow to believe what you are saying.
No slow is saying that Jason is not a coward. He shot an unarmed man in cold blood. R u slow r u just dumb.
newsflash

Baton Rouge, LA

#97 Apr 24, 2013
a military trained marksmen couldve shot him in the legs are wherever but he just had to shoot to kill. you can almost get away with murder in st landry parish
newsflash

Baton Rouge, LA

#98 Apr 24, 2013
to get Red out of the picture how is this hard to comprehend
Question

Oklahoma City, OK

#99 Apr 25, 2013
Where was he shot?
stranger danger

Oklahoma City, OK

#100 Apr 25, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>Yes plz do bc do real me have a loaded gun in the house with children even through they were not there that day thank God.That is where they live.Do real men sleep with married women bc she was married to someone else when Jason started being with her. Do real men move into a house another man paid for. Plz tell men about real men then write Jason and tell him bc he is not a real man.1 more thing do real men shoot and kill the unarmed father of his stepchildren in the house they have to live in.Yes plz tell me about real men.
Ok here's what a REAL man would do: he would accept the fact that his wife didnt want him anymore, whether he liked it or not. He would still show her respect just because she is the mother of his children. He would accept his ex-wife moving on, even if he wasn't. He would still want his ex-wife to be happy whether she was with him or someone else. He would never try to hurt his ex-wife. He would never cause trouble with the man whom his ex-wife decided to marry or anyone else for that matter. He would put his children first, not in the middle. He would always protect his family, not hurt them.

Yes REAL men have loaded guns in their homes with or without children present. If a situation were to arise wherein he needed a gun to protect himself and/or his family, the last thing he would want is to die or have his family killed while loading his gun.

Yes REAL men move into the home where their wife or soon to be wife lives If they decide her home/location is better suited for their family.

It is my knowledge that Jason was living in a different state from Twaila when they started "being together". I'm not sure about this, but I think it would be quite difficult to "sleep" with someone who lived states away.

Questions for you: Do REAL men have sex with multiple women while still married? Even if he and his wife are separated?
Wtf

Lafayette, LA

#101 Apr 26, 2013
stranger danger wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok here's what a REAL man would do: he would accept the fact that his wife didnt want him anymore, whether he liked it or not. He would still show her respect just because she is the mother of his children. He would accept his ex-wife moving on, even if he wasn't. He would still want his ex-wife to be happy whether she was with him or someone else. He would never try to hurt his ex-wife. He would never cause trouble with the man whom his ex-wife decided to marry or anyone else for that matter. He would put his children first, not in the middle. He would always protect his family, not hurt them.
Yes REAL men have loaded guns in their homes with or without children present. If a situation were to arise wherein he needed a gun to protect himself and/or his family, the last thing he would want is to die or have his family killed while loading his gun.
Yes REAL men move into the home where their wife or soon to be wife lives If they decide her home/location is better suited for their family.
It is my knowledge that Jason was living in a different state from Twaila when they started "being together". I'm not sure about this, but I think it would be quite difficult to "sleep" with someone who lived states away.
Questions for you: Do REAL men have sex with multiple women while still married? Even if he and his wife are separated?
You are so right. Go Rolls!!!
Wtf

Lafayette, LA

#102 Apr 26, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>No slow is saying that Jason is not a coward. He shot an unarmed man in cold blood. R u slow r u just dumb.
The man went into a newly married couples house and started fighting went them. PHYSICALLY. Noticed its in caps you dum& f$ck!! F$ck you. Got what he had coming to him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HemetFor now, judge won't block Hemet fire switch 11 hr EastEndResident 1
HemetHEMET: Firefighters want voters decide dep... 14 hr EastEndResident 3
Volunteer firefighter's wife accused of burglar... (Feb '14) 17 hr GC Life 4
Boy, 6, lights garage fire in Steelton (Sep '08) 22 hr yep 7
Deteriorating fire station forces volunteer fir... Mon Show_me_the_money 2
Fire destroyed Twin Coaches 31 years ago (Nov '08) Sun Pauline 20
New Lenox fire district tabs Engledow as chief Sat Character 6

Fire People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE