Moriah to pursue court project

Moriah to pursue court project

There are 25 comments on the Denton Publications story from Jun 4, 2009, titled Moriah to pursue court project. In it, Denton Publications reports that:

A steam roller driven by Randy Bevins Jr., assisted by Fred Hunsdon of the Ticonderoga highway department, crushes drug paraphernalia as part of the 'Safe Stores' program campaign.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denton Publications.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
question

Bolton Landing, NY

#1 Aug 11, 2009
Any thing new about the court house??
tax burden

AOL

#2 Aug 11, 2009
because of the heavy assesments placed on our properties by the assesors the court house million dollar plan has been extiquished. wheww
question

Bolton Landing, NY

#3 Aug 11, 2009
tax burden wrote:
because of the heavy assesments placed on our properties by the assesors the court house million dollar plan has been extiquished. wheww
hAS IT BEEN EXTIQUISHED OR JUST PLACED ON THE BACK BUNRER? IF IT IS ON THE BACK BURNER WHAT ABOUT THE MONEY THE STATE GAVE THEM TO USE FOR THE BUILDING? DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT?
state funds

AOL

#4 Aug 11, 2009
just because the state teases us with their funds doesnt mean we have to bite. this along with the assesors are why are taxes are not affordable by most people in this town.
for moriah

Bolton Landing, NY

#5 Aug 14, 2009
state funds wrote:
just because the state teases us with their funds doesnt mean we have to bite. this along with the assesors are why are taxes are not affordable by most people in this town.
Did ytou know the Town is putting the Bids out again for a new Court house?
Watch out for the bids in the Local papers
They are also going to talk with Westport and the Town of Crown point to combine all three ask one of your Town officials about it.
I dont see how they can talk about a new court house when we dont even know what the budget is yet this year. i hope they imfromed the public of the budget before they decide to build a new court house.
APRIL

Ashburn, VA

#6 Aug 15, 2009
It doesn't matter if we get state funds or not.I am sure the ball park needs one more seat..Ha Why didn't they paint the bleechers and save some money.Put it back into our wallets..No lets put up new and add food..
Spirit

Lake George, NY

#7 Aug 15, 2009
Since Crown Point recently recieved grant money for their renovations at the court house I would not think it be wise to combine with Moriah.

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#8 Aug 15, 2009
Can anyone tell me how this thread went from new courthouse comments (Moriah) to Bevins/Steamroller of drug paraphenalia in Ticonderoga??

Did someone's computer glitch??

Confused (asnd this is not the first time this has happened.....seen it on other forums).
wolfman

Plattsburgh, NY

#9 Aug 16, 2009
jeese with all the older buildings around like the mine hospital etc you think instead they'd renovate one of these and use it instead of building a new one..and save the tax payers some money..true
ps dont forget to make kay a greAT OFFICE ,,SHE DESERVES IT ,,SHE IS A GREAT LADY !!!!!!!!!!
for moriah

Bolton Landing, NY

#10 Aug 16, 2009
state funds wrote:
Maybe the man from the State that came and told Moriah they need a new court space is out of touch with the reality about the budget. Maybe some of the residents out also out of touch with the budget also.
jeese

Bolton Landing, NY

#11 Aug 16, 2009
ps dont forget to make kay a greAT OFFICE ,,SHE DESERVES IT ,,SHE IS A GREAT LADY !!!!!!!!!!
what a joke
for moriah

Bolton Landing, NY

#12 Aug 16, 2009
Spirit wrote:
Since Crown Point recently recieved grant money for their renovations at the court house I would not think it be wise to combine with Moriah.
They can't work out the water issues with port Henry. I know there has been talk of combining the Village with Moriah, now they want to combine the Moriah, West Port and Crown Point Courts.
I wounder if any of the people of Port Herny and Moriah know that the state was giving out more water grants as of July 2009. Did anyone know if Moriah or Port Henry allpied for any of the grants.

Why didn't Moriah look futher into just adding a Court room to the existing building. When the State told Moriah they needed a larger Court room they didn't tell them to build a whole new building. I herad the town board was told it was not worth adding to the exsisting court house, but I have not heard why. there are many old buildings around here that have been added to or rebuilt, lets see we would have to pay to remove the old court house buildig, pay to remove the exsisting foudation, then replace it with a new one. that alone is a cost that would be over 50k.
what are they thinking. lets see then maybe we would have to add a new parking lot also. how much would that be. this is just a couple of things I can think of that would put the cost of a new Court House Building way over the Moriah budget. On the other hand. I would take a guess and say if we added to the exsisting building it would cost around 80-125k depending on the amount of space that is reqired for the amount of people that show up in court. for example how many people have been showing up on anyone court night. if there is an average of ten, then why not add a room large enough for say 20 people. or maybe add a room large enough to have the Town meetings in it. I wounder if the Town of moriah has invested any of the money it makes form the Campsites. has there been a long term plan ever set in place for Moriah?
for moriah

Bolton Landing, NY

#13 Aug 16, 2009
jeese wrote:
what a joke
What does this kay person you talk about have to do with a new court house, I understand it's the Board of Moriah that makes the decisions about a new court house.
moriah fan

Lake George, NY

#14 Aug 17, 2009
i think we need a new court house
right

AOL

#15 Aug 17, 2009
i think you need your head examined too!
wolfmab

Plattsburgh, NY

#16 Aug 19, 2009
YES KAY THE MORIAH COURT CLERK IS A GREAT PERSON..JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T THINK SO..THATS BECAUSE YOU USE PEOPLE FOR WHAT YOU WANT.. KAY IS A VERY KIND LADY..AND WE DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE THINKS..AND HER HUSBAND PETE IS A GOOD MAN..
JUST PEOPLE LIKE SOMEONE I KNOW USES PEOPLE AND IS EVIL..YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE..ALL YOU LIKE PEOPLE FOR IS THERE MONEY..THERE IS NO LOVE FOR YOU..ONLY FALSE STATEMENTS..
TAKE CARE KAY AND PETE AND GOD BLESS...
convict

Plattsburgh, NY

#17 Aug 24, 2009
hey was wondering whats going on with the old trooper barracks ?? just more tax payers money going to waste..they should make it into a palce for people with dwi's like a school or something??? or something for the kids..anything other than just letting it sit there and rot away...a wood shop for arc people or houseing,,, hey what about a court house?
AND WHY SPEND A MILLION DOLLARS ON A NEW COURT HOUSE WHEN WE COULD RENOVATE THE OLD ONE?? WHATS GONNA HAPPEN TO THAT BUILDING?? EXPAND THEW MORIAH PD??LOL THATS A JOKE THEY SHOULD DO AWAY WITH IT ...OTHER THAN ARITE BRASSARD..THERES SO MUCH MONEY THE OFFICALS WASTE FOR THE TAX PAYERS... ITS JUST A BUNCH OF BS ...RAISE THE TAXES FOR A NEW COURT HOUSE,,, TEC. ETC.. RESTORE THE OLD ONE..ITSA NOT LIKE WE LIVE IN NYC...F*KING BULL SH*T...WASTE OUR MONEY..THEY ARE GOOD AT DOING THAT.. SO COMMETS WOULD BE APPRECIATED FOM SOMEONE THAT CAN CARRY ON A INTELLIGENT CONVERSATION AND FOR ANYONE WITH GOOD PERSPECTIVES..
dog lover

AOL

#18 Aug 26, 2009
are u an artie fan?
simple minded red neck

Lake George, NY

#19 Aug 26, 2009
hold court at the school

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#20 Sep 1, 2009
Hmmmmmmm..... or maybe......

At the "Old KofC" building..... or the new "KofC" building.

They used it for court overflow when they found out there would be too many people on certain trials/Cases???

Why not continue utilizing that space??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Balcony blaze on Park Ave. (Apr '13) Sun Stairs park actio... 2
News Whittier Fire: Friday, July 28 Update Sat None 1
News Grow op found in burned home (Apr '11) Jul 22 re covered up 4
News New bill would require mandatory fire drills fo... Jul 21 American_Infidel 3
News More agencies join Marco Polo fire investigation Jul 20 Joe Balls 3
News With Wind, Heat in Forecast, Crews Scramble to ... Jul 19 Anonymous 2
News Was This Historic Gay Bar the Victim of Arson? Jul 18 Dr Reker s Bellhop 6
More from around the web