Greenville questions plan for $940K f...

Greenville questions plan for $940K fire truck

There are 1 comment on the Times Herald-Record story from Mar 11, 2013, titled Greenville questions plan for $940K fire truck. In it, Times Herald-Record reports that:

Some Greenville residents are questioning the Greenville Fire Department's proposal to replace its ladder truck at a cost of about $940,000. The new ladder truck will be going out to re-bid in the next few weeks after there were problems with the first bid last month, said Ed Ardler, a member of the Greenville Fire Department's Board of ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times Herald-Record.

Brad Pingel

Montclair, NJ

#1 Mar 15, 2013
In all aspects of government, there needs to be exhibited maturity and restraint There is no reason a village or town cannot investigate the used vehicle market. I have looked into it and there are many outlets and vehicles available at a fraction of the cost of new. If the reason stated of building reach is valid, logic dictates it can be met by any vehicle properly equipped. It does not mean a small goverment like Greenville needs to shell out almost $1 million of taxpayer money (budgeted or otherwise) to meet the need of the community. Now is the time to put on the big pants and make responsible decisions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Trump: US must fix 'lax immigration... Mon Jose 1
News Fires blaze across Houston residences overnight Dec 11 FART LUMPS 4
News Fire Chief Accused Of Showing Up Drunk To Scene... (Nov '13) Dec 11 HePhart 5
News Investigation continues in OKC firefighter's ar... Dec 10 privateclub 1
News Los Angeles Often Burns in the Movies. Now It's... Dec 9 Prince John 1
News Plaque to honor Main Island Creek VFD nine orig... Dec 9 Daddy-jim 1
News Massive fire destroys part of meat processing f... Dec 9 GTA 1
More from around the web