Troopers: At least 9 dead in wrecks on I-75 in Florida

Jan 29, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Newark Star-Ledger

Aerial view of Interstate 75 in Gainesville, Fla., where according to Florida Highway Patrol at least nine people have died as a result of multiple crashes today involving four commercial vehicles and at least 10 passenger vehicles.

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Feb 22, 2014

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

Judged:

1) slow down,

2) learn how to drive,

3) then you'll not be a moaner,

4) or a cadaver with a toe tag on yer boner.
MAID IN AMERICA

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

Judged:

Richard_ wrote:
1) slow down,
2) learn how to drive,
3) then you'll not be a moaner,
4) or a cadaver with a toe tag on yer boner.
THIS IS A DUMB ASS COMMENT!!!!...Florida Highway Patrol is to Blame for NOT diverting traffic sooner...
pootietang

Port Orange, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Judged:

MAID IN AMERICA wrote:
<quoted text>THIS IS A DUMB ASS COMMENT!!!!...Florida Highway Patrol is to Blame for NOT diverting traffic sooner...
No ....The FHP is not to blame. People with no common sense are to blame . You dont stop in the middle of the highway and you dont drive too fast for conditions .
Derp

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

pootietang wrote:
<quoted text>
No ....The FHP is not to blame. People with no common sense are to blame . You dont stop in the middle of the highway and you dont drive too fast for conditions .
Tell us, how were they supposed to know there was smoke at Paynes Prairie?
Oh, thats right, you cant.
Road conditions were fine until the drivers hit a wall of smoke.
It helps to read about what happened before you run off at the keyboard.
pootietang

Port Orange, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Derp wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us, how were they supposed to know there was smoke at Paynes Prairie?
Oh, thats right, you cant.
Road conditions were fine until the drivers hit a wall of smoke.
It helps to read about what happened before you run off at the keyboard.
I know what happened. I was there. Were you ? Are you a professional driver ? You are ignorant to the situation and driving in general. Smoke, Fog , Rain , Snow , Ice , etc.. never are the cause of an accident...only a factor. If you dont know what these words mean then google the meanings or look in a dictionary if you know what that is. Part of driving is knowing how to react to conditions. People drive too fast for conditions and dont adjust their speed for conditions. When you come into fog , smoke or whatever it is , you slow down and adjust your speed to the conditions. If it is too bad you find a SAFE place to pull off the highway..not stop in the middle of it. Soo before YOU run off at the keyboard know what you are talking about first. PS...It was foggy/ smokey for several miles both directions before the accident location , not a wall of smoke .
Derp

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

pootietang wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what happened. I was there. Were you ? Are you a professional driver ? You are ignorant to the situation and driving in general. Smoke, Fog , Rain , Snow , Ice , etc.. never are the cause of an accident...only a factor. If you dont know what these words mean then google the meanings or look in a dictionary if you know what that is. Part of driving is knowing how to react to conditions. People drive too fast for conditions and dont adjust their speed for conditions. When you come into fog , smoke or whatever it is , you slow down and adjust your speed to the conditions. If it is too bad you find a SAFE place to pull off the highway..not stop in the middle of it. Soo before YOU run off at the keyboard know what you are talking about first. PS...It was foggy/ smokey for several miles both directions before the accident location , not a wall of smoke .
You were there......right.
And the moon is made from green cheese.
-rolls eyes-
MAID IN AMERICA

Lake Wales, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

pootietang wrote:
<quoted text>
ANYBODY who uses the handle POOTIETANG is a DUMBASS!!!!...FHP is to BLAME!!!!!.. ONE of their JOB is to patrol the highways and spot hazardous driving conditions,you IDIOT!!!!..
Kim

Roanoke, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

MAID IN AMERICA wrote:
<quoted text>THIS IS A DUMB ASS COMMENT!!!!...Florida Highway Patrol is to Blame for NOT diverting traffic sooner...
Really! Have you ever been driving and just closed your eyes, you can see retard! Florida should have never reopened the interstate, I was detoured because of this wreck and the smoke on 441 was thick still at 11 am. I pray for peace and comfort for the familys. Vary sad that you think the way you do!
MAID IN AMERICA

Bartow, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

Kim wrote:
<quoted text>
Really! Have you ever been driving and just closed your eyes, you can see retard! Florida should have never reopened the interstate, I was detoured because of this wreck and the smoke on 441 was thick still at 11 am. I pray for peace and comfort for the familys. Vary sad that you think the way you do!
AGREED ....WHY do you think I said FHP was at fault...They reopened the road when there was STILL POOR VISIBILITY!!!!...THIS has happened before!!!!!...and the DEATH TOLL is RISING HIGHER daily.....

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2012

The brightside? Less drivers mean safer road conditions!
MAID IN AMERICA

Winter Haven, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2012

Richard_ wrote:
The brightside? Less drivers mean safer road conditions!
Meanwhile back in LOOLOOLAND!!!!
Arch Stanton

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2012

The responsibility lies with the drivers who were too stupid to pull off the damn road when conditions deteriorated. Typical nanny-state Americans. Always looking for someone to blame...

And just to clarify, I've been driving in Florida my entire life and road conditions don't go from crystal clear to impassible in the blink of an eye. The alert driver will see a degradation and begin to slow down long before he finds himself rocketing through zero-visibility conditions at 80mph.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Smoke in Paynes Prarie again????
fuzzz

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

blame the fuzz
fuzzz

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

blame da fuzz

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

9 less people to stand in line behind at the dmv or family restaurant.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••