Vacaville house catches fire; cooking oil blamed

Jan 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Reporter

A Vacaville home went up in flames Thursday morning after a kitchen fire ignited by a pan of grease spread up the wall and into the attic, fire officials said.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jan 29, 2013
Adam Lambert

Benicia, CA

#1 Jan 26, 2013
This seems to be a common occurrence in Vacaville: cooking oil fires, but usually in a modular home.

Since: Aug 10

Kent, WA

#2 Jan 29, 2013
My appliance buddy told me there is a recall on some ranges that turn themselves on or when turned to low they go to high instead. Maybe it's not the cooks fault this time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman Accused of Setting Fire With Burned Bacon 13 hr wichita-rick 12
Worker shocked at construction site 21 hr UnionSMD 2
Blaze scorches 120 acres, burns outbuildings Fri Holly Deaton 1
Higher gas prices expected after refinery fire (Aug '12) Fri Tuco Blondie 10
Hayward: Hazardous vapor release at shuttered c... Thu Natural Disasters... 1
Park officials discover fire on Lake Superior's... Thu Natural 1
Apostle Islands fire burns for weeks; rangers l... Thu Natural 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Fire People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••