Burning railroad bridge collapses in ...

Burning railroad bridge collapses in Central Texas

There are 11 comments on the KXXV-TV Waco story from May 23, 2013, titled Burning railroad bridge collapses in Central Texas. In it, KXXV-TV Waco reports that:

A 300-yard wooden railroad bridge in Central Texas has fallen after catching fire in a dramatic collapse captured on cellphone video.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KXXV-TV Waco.

FYI

United States

#1 May 23, 2013
The Mills Cnty bridge is/was about 1.25 miles north of the hwy 190 bridge over the Colorado River.
FYI2

San Saba, TX

#2 May 24, 2013
might want to get your counties correct first... its San Saba county NOT Mills county...
What happend

United States

#3 May 24, 2013
How did the fire start
rebate

Brownwood, TX

#4 May 25, 2013
Actually, it's the privately owned Harmony Ridge Bridge/Railroad and foot bridge. You are both wrong. It was built in 1910, 103 years old. A Lampasas side grass fire set fire to the wooden ties and structure and spread all the way to the San Saba side.......
Really

San Saba, TX

#5 May 25, 2013
rebate wrote:
Actually, it's the privately owned Harmony Ridge Bridge/Railroad and foot bridge. You are both wrong. It was built in 1910, 103 years old. A Lampasas side grass fire set fire to the wooden ties and structure and spread all the way to the San Saba side.......
No you are wrong on the grass fire
Retired 1SG

Waco, TX

#6 May 25, 2013
Actually, it is in Lampasas County.
Watch

San Saba, TX

#7 May 25, 2013
The bridge is in san saba co and lampasas co. And there was not a grass fire.
rebate

Brownwood, TX

#8 May 25, 2013
180 acres of grass burned on Lampasas side of bridge?
What

Richland Springs, TX

#9 May 25, 2013
So who is right? 180 ac that's a lot should be able to see that pretty easy
rebate

Brownwood, TX

#10 May 26, 2013
I've seen it. Looks like about 180 acres of grass burned?
CORRECTED

United States

#11 May 27, 2013
FYI2 wrote:
might want to get your counties correct first... its San Saba county NOT Mills county...
I stand corrected, but where the bridge begins crossing the river is in Mills, but the area that burned is in San Saba. OR SO IT SHOWS ON GOOGLE EARTH.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Initial Brexit shock is hurting UK _ but sparin... 1 hr gwww 6
News Firefighters battle blaze at Allentown church 5 hr silly rabbit 1
News Pa. Arson Suspects: Ghosts Ordered Barn Fire 6 hr Hyrdosnek 13
News The Latest: California fire drives people from ... Wed marke 2
News Evacuees return but huge California wildfire st... Tue Liberals Values A... 1
News Several firefighters were overcome by the heat ... (Sep '09) Jul 26 preacher 36
News More Monterey Co. Residents Evacuated As Sobera... Jul 25 mattie05 1
More from around the web