Arsonist sentence suspended

Arsonist sentence suspended

There are 10 comments on the West Virginia Metro story from Jun 24, 2013, titled Arsonist sentence suspended. In it, West Virginia Metro reports that:

A Kanawha County man convicted in the death of a Davis Creek volunteer firefighter is getting out of prison early.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at West Virginia Metro.

XXX Poison

Charleston, WV

#2 Jun 25, 2013
ron reagan wrote:
they had to make room for a guy who got caught smoking a joint.
That Roberts guy did his time,and is trying to better his life. If people would give him a chance,he might just succede at life. He has been through enough,and what happened will haunt him every day of for the rest his life.That is punishment,too much for anyone. Nobody deserves that.
TheManOfPlastic

Charleston, WV

#3 Jul 8, 2013
Bullshit he has had numerous chances. He's just a bad seed plan and simple. Leach on society. He was raised better than he acts.
XXX Poison

Charleston, WV

#4 Jul 19, 2013
TheManOfPlastic wrote:
Bullshit he has had numerous chances. He's just a bad seed plan and simple. Leach on society. He was raised better than he acts.
Roberts paid his debt,and is still paying for his mistakes. Sure it's awful the fireman died,but,Roberts didn't cause his death. It wasn't like Roberts pushed him off the bridge. Roberts has a big heart,just like his parents did. He would never hurt anyone intentionally. He sure wouldn't kill anyone,I do know this much.
TheManOfPlastic

Charleston, WV

#5 Jul 19, 2013
Disagree, if he hadn't set the fire the firefighter would not have been there case closed. His actions caused an innocent man to lose his life trying to serve his community. An innocent life for a worthless bum not an even trade by any means. Sit back and watch he'll get busted again for something. Jail is the best place for me.
XXX Poison

Charleston, WV

#6 Jul 19, 2013
TheManOfPlastic wrote:
Disagree, if he hadn't set the fire the firefighter would not have been there case closed. His actions caused an innocent man to lose his life trying to serve his community. An innocent life for a worthless bum not an even trade by any means. Sit back and watch he'll get busted again for something. Jail is the best place for me.
No matter where the firefighter would have been,God would have called him. When your number is called,you go. So,blame who you will,I don't care.
ManofPlastic

Madison, WV

#7 Sep 12, 2013
XXX Poison wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter where the firefighter would have been,God would have called him. When your number is called,you go. So,blame who you will,I don't care.
Ok so we agree. Blame Darren.
No We Do Not

Charleston, WV

#8 Sep 13, 2013
ManofPlastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok so we agree. Blame Darren.
NO,we do not blame Darren. It was not Darren's fault..best thing to do ,is just drop it. It's over now.
Hes guilty

Yawkey, WV

#9 Sep 14, 2013
No We Do Not wrote:
<quoted text>
NO,we do not blame Darren. It was not Darren's fault..best thing to do ,is just drop it. It's over now.
It's not over for the dead mans family. They can't drop it. How can you not see its that mans fault?
Because

Charleston, WV

#10 Sep 15, 2013
Hes guilty wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not over for the dead mans family. They can't drop it. How can you not see its that mans fault?
Because I can not. It's not like Darren pushed him off the bridge. If you even knew Darren,you'd know he's not that kind of person. Yes,he started a fire,BUT,he had no idea that it would lead to what it did. Darren was no where near that guy when he fell off the bridge. It's a tragedy what happened to him,but,it wasn't Darren's fault. I feel so sorry for the guy and his family,but, I don't ,nor will I ever blame Darren. Tragic things happen to good people,and we don't understand why. We look to blame someone. But,sometimes,there's no one to blame..like in this case.
ManofPlastic

Parkersburg, WV

#11 Sep 15, 2013
Yes I do know dope head thief Darren. People are responsible for their actions. When he lit that match he as much as pushed that poor fireman to his death. Whether you believe or not. It's as simple as an equation. Take away the fire and no fireman responses, no life is lost. He actions, no one else's, directly led to that man's death. You should lose sleep at night thinking otherwise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Early morning fire in Town of Batavia claims li... Mon emilly W 1
News At least four dead in house fire in Gray (Mar '13) Mon cali 3
News Property owners sue Bridgeport over perfume fac... Apr 29 America Gentleman... 1
News Crowdfunding Campaign Helps Get Cat Out Of Tree Apr 29 Knock off purse s... 2
News 2 Inland men among 11 arrested in federal child... Apr 29 Lucy Jane 1
News Region 8 fire department gets new fire suits Apr 29 millcreek73 1
News Police, fire and courts: Man charged with seeki... (Aug '08) Apr 28 Anthony Scarpuzzi 32
More from around the web