Before all the rumors get going, here are the facts:
The man was handling kerosene got some in his feet and lower legs. It's not known how the kerosene ignited his legs, He was home alone at the time. His son came home to find him burning.
At the time he was flown out to UK, there was no fire in the 300 year old home. When the family returned from the helicopter landing site, son opened the door of the home, to find the inside fully engulfed in flames.
The family could save nothing from the home. They have not only lost their home, but a lot of family history as the old log home has been in the family almost 100 years.
The man was severely burned, and not able to tell his story at this point.
Fact is, it is not known how the home caught fire. The Pinkston family needs some help from the community. There is a recovery fund being set up for monetary donations, but right now the family needs winter coats, undergarments, shoes, winter clothes, etc. They have nothing.
Please keep them in your prayers. Their log house is still burning today, and probably will a few more days.