Proposed .5 mil increase slated for...

Nov 29, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Times News

At last night's meeting, Nesquehoning Borough Councilman David Hawk announced the preliminary figures for the 2013 budget, which includes a .5 mill increase.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Dec 2, 2012
payuptime

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Somebody has to pay for that sweet contract they gave the well deserving chief of police. Next time you see his good pals Zabroski, Sniscak, DeMarco, etc. thank them. Rumor is that Zabroski andd Sniscak will try and return to council after getting beat the last election. Make sure you vote them back in so they can continue to give the chief more.
nesq citizen

Shenandoah, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Chief Smith does a great job and deserves a raise. He protects us and our children. The DARE program he does was so informative to my child. Learning what not to do helps our future. Awesome job Chief Smith!!
nesq citizen

Kunkletown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

nesq citizen wrote:
Chief Smith does a great job and deserves a raise. He protects us and our children. The DARE program he does was so informative to my child. Learning what not to do helps our future. Awesome job Chief Smith!!
well said the chief does a fantastic job
payuptime

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Hey I was agreeing. I think Chief Smith deserves everything he gets plus. The DARE program alone seems to be worth the hefty raise last year. Information is priceless. Learning what not to do sure beats learning what to do.
How duumb are you

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

The money is actually for the rainy day fund to pay the legal bills, when Mickey gets back on council. Look at how much PVSD legal bills have gone up since he joined.
PV Math Teacher

Meadville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

1/2 mill here and a 1/2 mill there,before you know it you got a mill.
oka

Bryn Mawr, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

if some people would learn how to spend money there would be no tax hike
Too many busses

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Maybe they couldd save some money by getting rid of somwe of those 8 crossing gaurds they have.
i can see them needing them on the highway, but not in front of the school. Why aren't the bus stops only on the side streets?
why do they pick up the trouble maker kids at their houses instead of making their parent drop them all off at the jail, since they'll be visiting them down there in the future, they might as well learen where its at.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••