Kutzman Auburn's new fire chief

Kutzman Auburn's new fire chief

There are 50 comments on the News Democrat story from Jan 5, 2012, titled Kutzman Auburn's new fire chief. In it, News Democrat reports that:

Pictured are Auburn City Fire Chief Jeff Gregory , Auburn Firefighter and web designer Kyle Hampton , and Auburn Rural Fire Chief Jim Kutzman .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Democrat.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
just me

Lewisburg, KY

#1 Jan 6, 2012
Woo Hooo!!! Go Jim!!
Former firefighter

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Jan 7, 2012
I am a former firefighter for Auburn. As far as i know Jim was voted by the firemen but has not been approved by the rural board. So he is not chief. In the nearly 12 years i spent on the department i saw a man who would show up half the time for runs, meetings, or training classes. When he did show up he would complain and try to cause problems among the firefighters. He would do more to hurt moral than build it. I have personally saw this man curse at other fireman or talk behind their backs. His name, Jim Kutzman. The worst choice by far you could make for a chief. With him in charge the department is in a lot of trouble. He talks about need of improvements. CHIEF Steve Montgomery in his time as chief he has been involved in the purchase of 5 fire trucks and had 2 donated at no charge. He helped get the station in Chandlers, get grants for new radios, air packs, cascade system, and was involved in getting a new jaws of life for the department. In the time Steve Montgomery was chief he has done nothing but improve the department. He gave 35 years of his life to the department. It's sad to see him go when you see a man who lies, back stabbes, and was to faced to get the the new chief job. All i have to say is thank you Steve and i'm glad i'm not on the department anymore and glad i don't live in the Auburn area now.
Current Firefighter

Auburn, KY

#3 Jan 10, 2012
I guess we know why you are a FORMER firefighter because you sure don't have your story straight. The current firefighters voted a new rural chief in because they could no longer stand to be on a department that Steve Montgomery was in charge of. As for the new jaws of life I'm pretty sure if you check with City Hall the City paid for most of the jaws and there was no grant for any jaws. Steve Montgomery would never stand by any of the firemen in the department. He would constantly talked bad about them behind their back but if he needed them to do something for him he would suck up to them. I think Lewisburg donated two fire trucks to the Auburn Department. A fireman wrote the grant for the new radios,cascade system, and airpacks. The whole department had input in the grants. This WAS NOT a STEVE MONTGOMERY department even though he thought he was KING CHIEF. It's better for you to KEEP your mouth shut and your uninformed opinion or the opinion you have gotten from Steve Montgomery. If Steve Montgomery was still Chief for the Rurual Department there would no longer be any firemen for a rural department. There are a lot of things that go on behind closed doors in the department that the public doesn't know about. All the fireman have made the changes to the department that they felt were necessary for the department to move forward. Also it's our understanding that Steve retired from the fire department.
Area resident

Rochester, KY

#4 Jan 10, 2012
Dear Former Firefighter,

You know it's really shows stupidity on your part to post such things when all of what you said can be proven false. As far as I know Steve has never wrote a grant because he doesn't know how I'm not trying to be rude it's just the truth. That's why he tries to get someone else to do it. Most of the fireman were going to leave the Auburn Rural Fire Department if he was going to be fire chief after the end of 2011. There would NOT be a fire department if he was still in charge. After Steve's so called "retired" the fireman starting working on the building and making much needed improvements, wonder why Steve couldn't get anyone to do that before? For those of you that know Steve I would say if you pay enough attention to what he says he will notice he is always contradicting himself. He has be caught in many lies and his back-stabbing is legendary. There is so much that could be said I would literally run out of room but what I will say is that anyone can verify what I said and find it to be true. I welcome anyone to call the Rural Board, current firemen, or the city of Auburn and you will see the that the "FORMER FIREMAN" post at the top of the page is totally untrue and is just someone trying to get revenge for what they have REALLY brought upon themselves.
Carrie Hudson

Auburn, KY

#5 Jan 10, 2012
I think if everybody is going to talk shit about each other just post ur real name instead of hiding behind a fake name.
sassy

Russellville, KY

#6 Jan 10, 2012
Yea go to the franklin topix Android read what the grand daughter of ex fire chief says. Under fire discussion89
Seriously

Rochester, KY

#8 Jan 10, 2012
Carrie....aren't you a relative of Steve's and one of the FEW that still support him?
Carrie Hudson

Auburn, KY

#9 Jan 10, 2012
Yes I am a relative and would u want some one talking about someone u care about on here.I don't care about all this other stuff but he is human and does have family, are we suppose to hate him because you don't like him??So yes I care about him and blood is thicker than water!Oh by the way what's ur real name(Seriously)?

mes

Auburn, KY

#10 Jan 10, 2012
This all gives the Auburn fire department a bad name.The department seems to be more worried about things they shouldnt be instead of the more important things they were swore in to do.
Seriously

Rochester, KY

#11 Jan 10, 2012
Right is right and wrong is wrong, I don't support someone if they are doing wrong, family or not.
just sayn

Rochester, KY

#12 Jan 11, 2012
Carrie Hudson wrote:
I think if everybody is going to talk shit about each other just post ur real name instead of hiding behind a fake name.
if you go back and re-read dear i think you will find it was the STEVE MONTGOMERY fans that started all the negative bad mouthing on here...Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that one out
just sayn

Rochester, KY

#13 Jan 11, 2012
Carrie Hudson wrote:
If you go back and re-read dear you will see it was a STEVE MONTGOMERY fan that started the negative talk and name calling on here. Did they give their name? Doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that...There was no negative until that
just sayn

Rochester, KY

#14 Jan 11, 2012
sorry that sent twice
funny

Auburn, KY

#15 Jan 11, 2012
Everyboby knows it a conspiracy because kutzman is a brother to the fire cheif gregory's wife and things will be no better because they are not nothing but a big bunch of shit stirrers.Thing will not be no better,just wait and see.
Father time

Auburn, KY

#16 Jan 11, 2012
Time is the only thing that will settle this debate. All we can do sit back and watch, each side will have there chance for i told you so.lets see were we are at in six months.There are 2 sides to every story and that is the only way 2 see who side is gonna be correct.
HaHa

Lewisburg, KY

#17 Jan 12, 2012
just sayn wrote:
sorry that sent twice
Like you said, it does'nt take a rocket scientist.
just sayn

Rochester, KY

#18 Jan 12, 2012
HaHa wrote:
<quoted text> Like you said, it does'nt take a rocket scientist.
my computer was acting up dipstick...thats why i accidentally sent it twice
Questions

Columbus, OH

#19 Jan 12, 2012
What is the big deal with Auburn Fire Department? I have heard Steve resigned from being the rural chief. If this is so why does it matter who follows him? If I read correctly the firemen voted the next chief in so how can it be a conspiracy?? I think Auburn has a good department and that is what really matters. I'm sure there are several runs that have been made in all the years it's been a department that a chief wasn't there for one reason or another and the firemen did just fine. This seems to me that one family is pissed for some reason or another. Like someone said previously there are always two sides to every situation.
Also a Current FF

Bowling Green, KY

#20 Jan 16, 2012
To settle this little dispute just stop any Auburn fire fighter and ask them if they are glad Steve is gone and I can guarantee you that they will say yes. For that matter ask Chief's of other departments if they are glad he is gone and I can also guarantee you that if they are being honest they will also say yes. Issues with Steve have been an on going thing for years and it finally came to an end. A lot of things do go on behind closed doors that the community doesn't know about. We are trying our best to keep it within the department but we knew that this event would raise some feathers. We are here to serve the community and Steve was hindering us from doing that to the best of our ability. As any Chief would, Jim will have people that like him and dislike him but Jim has the best intentions for the department and only wants to see it grow.
shane logan

Russellville, KY

#21 Jan 16, 2012
The way i see it is.Yall need to be worried about the Fire Department instead of thrownin Steve under the bus.Is this all people have to do is STIR SHIT.. cause it seems like it... Just stop talkin about everyone and stop JUDGING GOD WILL DO THAT PART.Some yall bunch of cry babies i see... but anyways,Steve is a GOOD PERSON AND A GOOD FRIEND... ITS DONE OVER WITH LET IT GO.. OH WAIT ITS AUBURN,KY.AINT GOING TO HAPPEN... And i'll talk to anyone face to face if they want to talk..so to all the backstabbers that posted on here and they know who they are.. LET IT GO AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIVES AND LET JIM DO WHAT HE IS SUPPOSE TO DO AND LET STEVE DO WHAT HE DO.. AND STOP ALL THE STUPID HE DIDNT OR HE WOULDNT.AND ALL THE JIM WILL AND HAS DONE SHIT... THATS ALL I GOTTA SAY ABOUT THAT...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Senate confirms Kelly to lead Homel... Sat spud 4
News OKCFD Says Investigation Underway After Body Fo... Sat eew 1
News Many Still Missing at Site of Iran Building Col... Sat Max 3
News Ontario firefighters' battle over volunteer wor... Jan 19 movin on up 3
News Car torched, police investigating Jan 17 guest 1
News Betsy Layne family loses home to fire - Jan 17 Brenda 1
News Chico fire study evaluates staffing, station lo... Jan 17 Study Sayeth 2
More from around the web