One dead and sixty missing as runaway...

One dead and sixty missing as runaway train carrying hundreds of tons of oil derails and explodes...

There are 3 comments on the Free Republic story from Jul 6, 2013, titled One dead and sixty missing as runaway train carrying hundreds of tons of oil derails and explodes.... In it, Free Republic reports that:

The center of a Quebec town has been wiped out, according to the mayor, after a runaway freight train carrying crude oil derailed and exploded in a fireball at 1am on Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

home of global warming

Toronto, Canada

#1 Jul 7, 2013
Ben

Francestown, NH

#2 Jul 8, 2013
You mean to say "A town in Quebec" not "A Quebec town". I learned in writing that it's better to address places this way because readers can missread it as "Quebec Town" and there is no such place as a town called Quebec even though there is a city called Quebec in Quebec province. Also what is this doing in the Maine Forum anyway when it's not even in our state let alone country?
Sam

Toronto, Canada

#3 Jul 8, 2013
... which is close to the Maine border ...

http://www.topix.com/ca/lac-megantic-qc/2013/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gettysburg Burning 6 hr Fitus T Bluster 3
News Florida blaze spreads after ripping through hom... Wed Pill a Delphia 14
News Hudson County Sheriff's officers help save resi... Tue Jerseycityreeder 1
News Community service ordered in arson case Apr 21 Sj Wood 1
News Dover City Council receives project update Apr 19 stinks 1
News The old house was destroyed by the fire Apr 17 Candy 2
News Trump to meet Atlanta first responders in I-85 ... Apr 15 Waikiki murders 4
More from around the web