Ruins, Rumors and Resilience in Rockaway

Nov 4, 2012 Full story: New York Magazine

A day after he cancelled the marathon, Mayor Bloomberg, still anxious to avoid being cast in the role of President Bush looking out the plane window at the Katrina devastation below, came to Far Rockaway .

Full Story
Rochonda

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Nov 5, 2012
Sandy carry my job away I need another one I m one of the forgotten town Resident !farrockaway
Rochonda

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Nov 5, 2012
Look at st John hospital , the school !!!!do my vote really count ? Farrockaway don't count !!!!
wild bill

United States

#3 Nov 5, 2012
Ain't karma a bitch katrina and a failed economy made bush look a fool.

One southern city and 7.8 persent unemployment and bush had to go into hiding.

It took days well over a week to restore some kind of order and everyone was howling for his blood.

And today there are dozens of cities along the east coast destroyed with no food water or heat no order and 7.9 persent unemploymentand six more trillion in the red.

And they have been like that for days with little or no help from the goverment.

So that the man that made a carear out of blaming bush now faces the exactly same only larger challenges.

Yes what goes around comes around and karma has her teeth firmly planted in his ass but he's not in hiding he's out there bold as brass campaining and still blaming bush.

The irony in all this so far has excaped the notice of all those folks that where screaming for George bushes head on a platter or is it something much worse hypocrites.

Oh buy the way I thought bush was a moron so that might give you some idia how I feel about our curent president.
Rochonda

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Nov 5, 2012
Just tell were to get some hot food n a warm blanket pls ! Oh a flash light !
Fema wife

Gallatin, TN

#6 Nov 6, 2012
Get off the coast! A nor'easter is coming tonight! Nws issued a winter weather advisory, coastal flooding & high winds- please don't stay there& freeze, or drown!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hidy says he didna t mean to criticize firefigh... 11 hr Citizen 1
Peters, DeMaio making final push for votes 15 hr Ace McMillan 5
How Detroit s arson investigators and a l... Thu reality is a crutch 1
Hundreds of thousands of Sandy victims may stil... Wed Harper 1
Toronto-area nursing home evacuated due to fire Wed Dear Ebola 1
Fires near CMHR draw attention to aboriginal is... Tue general population 11
Serial arsonists arrested before Angels' Night Oct 27 Steve 3

Fire People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE