Perry demands apology after cartoon

Apr 27, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KMIZ

Texas Gov. Rick Perry is demanding an apology from a California newspaper that published a cartoon that seemed to link his push for less regulations to the recent fertilizer plant explosion that killed 14.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated May 6, 2013
Joe

North Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Juan Too

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

My advice to Ricko is to demand an apology from the person gave him that dreadful haircut.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Har, har...I would have figured that Governor Ricky Perry would have demanded apologizes over the 2012 presidential campaign photos of him going down on a corn dog.
Researcher

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

"Jack Ohman's cartoon of April 25 made a strong statement about Gov. Rick Perry's disregard for worker safety, and his attempts to market Texas as a place where industries can thrive with few regulations," said Stuart Leavenworth, the paper's editorial page editor."

Negligence in Texa regarding worker safety is the real story here.

The cartoonist was just able to reduce the story of this tragedy into a compact package that anybody who is paying attention will understand.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Elmer Gantry wrote:
Har, har...I would have figured that Governor Ricky Perry would have demanded apologizes over the 2012 presidential campaign photos of him going down on a corn dog.
"Don't choke, Governor Ricky --- stay alive!"
Get real

Hemphill, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

I would like to see someone really get on Perry's case for the mess that he has created in education in Texas going back as far as taking the TIFF technology grants away from education up to today which brings us to a gross reduction of teachers and extra-curricular vocational classes in our schools not to mention miserable test scores.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••