Explosion Hits Fertilizer Plant North...

Explosion Hits Fertilizer Plant North Of Waco, Texas

There are 7 comments on the WUSA-TV Washington story from Apr 17, 2013, titled Explosion Hits Fertilizer Plant North Of Waco, Texas. In it, WUSA-TV Washington reports that:

A hospital in Waco, Texas, has been told to anticipate 100 injured people coming in from the fertilizer plant area, an official at the medical facility said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUSA-TV Washington.

Boston a Circus 2day

Toronto, Canada

#1 Apr 19, 2013
human life is number one

Lincoln, CA

#2 Apr 25, 2013
Why was this plant allowed next to a school, an assisted living facility, apartments and single family homes?

Wonderful texass where human life takes a back seat to money.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3 Apr 26, 2013
Chris Hayes explains how Dick Cheney’s son-in-law deregulated chemical plants
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/25/chris-h...
By Eric W. Dolan
Thursday, April 25, 2013 22:15 EDT

"MSNBC host Chris Hayes on Thursday night explained the key role Dick Cheney’s son-in-law played in keeping chemical plants free of regulations.

Concerns were raised in 2002 that chemical plants in populated areas — like the one that recently exploded in West, Texas — were vulnerable to terrorist attacks.

The heads of Department of Homeland Security and Environmental Protection Agency had planned to regulate the security of chemical sites, but Dick Cheney’s son-in-law Philip Perry stepped in and informed them they lacked the authority to do so without congressional legislation.

At the time, Perry was serving as the general counsel of the Office of Management and Budget at the White House.

“Basically, the Bush administration from above pulled support for that bill because the chemical industry does not want to be regulated by the EPA,” Hayes said.

“Fast forward to 2007, and Philip Perry — again, Dick Cheney’s son-in-law — is at the Department of Homeland Security as general counsel. What he managed to do in an appropriations rider is slip in industry friendly language into the bill that moves the task of regulating chemical plants from the Environmental Protection Agency to the Department of Homeland Security. But DHS is given none of the tools it would need to do that.”

Barack Obama introduced legislation to regulated chemical plants as a U.S. senator in 2006, but his bill was blocked by Republicans. Recently, the Obama administration has considered allowing the EPA to once again regulate the plants, but has faced a backlash from the chemical industry.

Watch video, courtesy of MSNBC, below:...(more)"
A Toad Roady

Lincoln, CA

#4 Apr 26, 2013
Elmer Gantry wrote:
Chris Hayes explains how Dick Cheney’s son-in-law deregulated chemical plants
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/25/chris-h...
By Eric W. Dolan
Thursday, April 25, 2013 22:15 EDT
"MSNBC host Chris Hayes on Thursday night explained the key role Dick Cheney’s son-in-law played in keeping chemical plants free of regulations.
Concerns were raised in 2002 that chemical plants in populated areas — like the one that recently exploded in West, Texas — were vulnerable to terrorist attacks.
The heads of Department of Homeland Security and Environmental Protection Agency had planned to regulate the security of chemical sites, but Dick Cheney’s son-in-law Philip Perry stepped in and informed them they lacked the authority to do so without congressional legislation.
At the time, Perry was serving as the general counsel of the Office of Management and Budget at the White House.
“Basically, the Bush administration from above pulled support for that bill because the chemical industry does not want to be regulated by the EPA,” Hayes said.
“Fast forward to 2007, and Philip Perry — again, Dick Cheney’s son-in-law — is at the Department of Homeland Security as general counsel. What he managed to do in an appropriations rider is slip in industry friendly language into the bill that moves the task of regulating chemical plants from the Environmental Protection Agency to the Department of Homeland Security. But DHS is given none of the tools it would need to do that.”
Barack Obama introduced legislation to regulated chemical plants as a U.S. senator in 2006, but his bill was blocked by Republicans. Recently, the Obama administration has considered allowing the EPA to once again regulate the plants, but has faced a backlash from the chemical industry.
Watch video, courtesy of MSNBC, below:...(more)"
Wonderful fact filled post! Repubicans don't give a crap about worker/public safety, it's all about the money!

I'm to the point that I don't feel bad for those who died in the explosion. They voted for bush and cheney.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#5 Apr 30, 2013
A Toad Roady wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderful fact filled post! Repubicans don't give a crap about worker/public safety, it's all about the money!
I'm to the point that I don't feel bad for those who died in the explosion. They voted for bush and cheney.
I feel bad for those workers and their family and friends who loved them...it is just too bad they had to needlessly die for Corporate America, Governor Ricky Perry, and the U.S. Chamber of Horrors Congress.
A Toad Roady

Lincoln, CA

#6 May 1, 2013
Elmer Gantry wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel bad for those workers and their family and friends who loved them...it is just too bad they had to needlessly die for Corporate America, Governor Ricky Perry, and the U.S. Chamber of Horrors Congress.
Repubicans complain there are to many rules/regulations, well most of those rules/regulations are in place because crap like the fire/explosion in West have occurred in the past so we pass rules/regulations to keep from killing more people.

I’m not a socialist but trying to survive in a plutocracy doesn’t work either.
A Toad Roady

Lincoln, CA

#7 May 10, 2013
Wow! The silence from all the repubicans who suckass to the rich and powerful in this country is deafening.

Why isn’t there more outrage from you idiots?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Explosion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dunedin firefighters respond to garage explosion Jun 14 Victim 1
News D-Day's Forgotten Black HeroesBy Linda Hervieux Jun 6 Go Blue Forever 1
News Brothers convicted in fatal robbery May '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News Prince's ex-wife Manuela Testolini honours late... May '16 Three Rounds 1
News new Maine museum offers $20,000 reward for piec... May '16 Jack 4
News The Latest: ATF: Intentionally set fire caused ... May '16 Cat74 1
News Air bag inflator recall to grow by 35 million t... May '16 Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web