Wind turbine collapses today near Malone

Wind turbine collapses today near Malone

There are 76 comments on the Watertown Daily Times story from Mar 6, 2009, titled Wind turbine collapses today near Malone. In it, Watertown Daily Times reports that:

A wind turbine tower has collapsed in northern New York, setting off a small fire.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watertown Daily Times.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
leah

United States

#72 Apr 18, 2009
burkeboy wrote:
<quoted text>
yea, sure whatever you say
Nice, burkeboy. Well, that's what I heard - anyone have evidence to prove or disprove?
Burkeboy

Middleville, NY

#73 Apr 18, 2009
leah wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice, burkeboy. Well, that's what I heard - anyone have evidence to prove or disprove?
You're the one who made that ridiculous statement so the burdon of proof is ion you.
In the real world, one assumes that the manufactures of these windmills (in Denmark) would know where they are designed to be used.
Try traveling more than 5 miles from where you were born, you'll be surprised that a REL WORLD actually exists outside you little hick world.

Since: May 09

Middleville, NY

#74 May 1, 2009
cfan wrote:
The anti wind lunatics have been quiet lately, I guess they must be unhappy to hear of the recent success.
The spinless morons on the town board are looking stupider by the minute for having fallen under the spell of our local PHD luminary.
First of all, I'm not a lunatic and I wasn't against them to start. I haven't been here because I have a very suddenly ill 6 year old and it is more important.

Since: May 09

Middleville, NY

#75 May 1, 2009
I am against them now because I RESEARCHED things and became educated, put the darn things in your yard, away from other people, you live with it, I don't care.
taxpayer

Bridgeport, NY

#76 May 2, 2009
just a mom4 wrote:
I am against them now because I RESEARCHED things and became educated, put the darn things in your yard, away from other people, you live with it, I don't care.
I researched it too, and I think they're great.
Your research must have been flawed.
Billi Bob

Liverpool, NY

#77 May 2, 2009
Support NoCo Always wrote:
Irked and the others who have responded to the Tower collapse. Your kind comment, and concerned questions have not gone unnoticed by the many individuals who view this site. Many of us born in the area grow up waiting to relocate, funny we find us right back in our home towns again. The NoCo has something very special and outsiders will not understand what that is (anyone from NoCo knows where I am going). We really take interest in looking after others even though.. not certain if you should say-for the fall you might take upon yourself. But- with that said, My way of getting through: If you belive-DO, If you don't understand-ASK! and should you not belive, DON'T JUDGE
Excellent post!!!
Where the heck is Round Lake?
Janus

Oscoda, MI

#78 May 28, 2009
Go nuclear, commit to it, and figure out a way to get rid of the waste safely. OR, get the wind towers waaay more efficient. Long term I like those two the best. Oh, and tidal generators are cool too. Coal is dirty, and will run out someday, as will oil. Dams are nice, but mess with the ecosystem pretty bad. Waiting until the existing technology runs out, is a bad time to start figuring out the next step.
Oh, and I liked the airplane landing on your house probablility thing as well. Although, the chances go up depending on where you live, proximity to airports and such, think what happened in Buffalo. Living next to one of these towers would sort of raise your probability to get some of that sort of action. Even if still unlikely. But, I digress.:) Cheers!
briish

Utica, NY

#79 May 30, 2009
when you start paying 6 $ $ or 8$$ american for a gallon of gas,you would wish they put hundreds of them up,cheers
xdrunk

Woodbridge, VA

#80 May 31, 2009
Maloe will never be what it used to be becouse of the POWERS in charge.
We had a chance to get cheep power when the Hydo
power plant was built in Massena started. But the power tobe did not want to cut the oil co.in Malone out.
Same going on with the gas comeing to Malone.
Now the Powers tobe don't want wind power in malone.
I wonder how meney people would have power doing the Ice storm. I tink some people would of had power, or at least a lot sooner.

xd
Boo yea

United States

#81 May 31, 2009
LOL

We didn't have power because the POWER LINES WERE DOWN. A million wind turbines wouldn't have fixed that.
briish

Utica, NY

#82 Jun 1, 2009
well if you ever been to malone most people have woodstoves,and gas lanterns,so not to worry cheers
fred

Lake Placid, NY

#83 Jun 1, 2009
malone is still stuck in the 1800's.. they never will ever have any kind of growth with the mentality that their elected officials have. so you get a ghost town..
Barry4480

Pattersonville, NY

#85 Aug 8, 2014
If you think wind power is so good then how come Thomas Boone Pickens lose $500 million buying 40 wind turbines!
Climate change

Sherrill, NY

#86 Nov 14, 2016
Barry4480 wrote:
If you think wind power is so good then how come Thomas Boone Pickens lose $500 million buying 40 wind turbines!
He can write it off and not pay taxes for the next 20 years like the dumpster trump.
Enough blowhards in Malone.
Ooooo

United States

#87 Mar 30, 2017
Irked wrote:
I laugh at the "near" malone reference. Altona is 35 miles from malone! Thank you again Scotch Tape. LOL on the plane falling (Everyone in western NY just ducked!) This was a rare occurrence. There are millions of turbines in use in the US, Canada and Europe yet very few have collapsed. Before jumping off in hysteria about the "sky" falling, let's look at the statistics. You're way more likely to get hurt or killed in a car accident than having a turbine in a remote area fall on you. Does that stop you from getting in your vehicle? Look at the benefits of wind power vs oil. Wind far out ways oil in cost,environmental health and creating jobs. I live quite close to the Altona wind farm, I have no fears but I do see what Noble has done for the economy around here. For ten years this area has been losing jobs, Noble has been one of the few companies to come in and offer good paying jobs. They've also been fantastic in helping the communities they've set up their farms in. They're also on top of investigating what went wrong and correcting it. Yet nay sayers are ready for a witch hunt. Sad
And u sodomize children so?
U r disgusting

Amherst, MA

#88 Mar 30, 2017
Ooooo wrote:
<quoted text>

And u sodomize children so?
Report abuse

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Explosion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Naked Manitowoc man catches fire after being tased Aug 8 tealady3 1
News Minnesota mosque explosion 'deeper and scarier'... Aug 7 Trump_Is_Fake 2
News FBI: Explosive detonated at Minnesota mosque Aug 6 Tina 1
News 1 dead, 1 missing after school building collaps... Aug 2 Hillary killer Cl... 2
News Another explosive device found in Vigo County Jul '17 Booooooooooom 1
News File photo of nuclear test in Mururoa, French P... (Jun '09) Jul '17 Pat Gargano 27
News USS Arizona survivor wants hero sailor who save... Jul '17 He Named Me Black... 1
More from around the web