What if God absolutely truly does exist?

“I am the great an powerful Ny!”

Since: Dec 06

Lebanon, PA

#22 Oct 12, 2007
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, just like it's a simple step in faith in Thor to know that he also exists.
And, btw, my God can beat up on your God.
My god's an ex pro-wrestler and ninja.

“we do sarcasm and irony here”

Since: Aug 07

Redlands, CA

#23 Oct 12, 2007
llDayo wrote:
<quoted text>
My god's an ex pro-wrestler and ninja.
My god likes pirates.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#24 Oct 12, 2007
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, just like it's a simple step in faith in Thor to know that he also exists.
And, btw, my God can beat up on your God.
Yes, but does he serve a mean plate of pasta, with beer?

Since: Jan 06

London

#25 Oct 22, 2007
The God question may have found a final resolution and but don't expect either side in the ID vs Evolution debate very pleased. I quote:'It is the first ever viable religious conception leading faith to
observable consequences which can be tested and judged; a teaching able to
demonstrate its own efficacy; the first ever religious claim of knowledge
that meets the criteria of verifiable, evidence based truth embodied in
action. As such this teaching enters the public domain as a 'religious'
reality entirely new to human history.'

and

'This new teaching describes a single moral LAW, a
single moral principle offering the promise of its own proof; one in which
the reality of God responds to an act of perfect faith with a direct,
individual intervention into the natural world; correcting human nature by
a change in natural law, altering biology, consciousness and human ethical
perception.'

Three essays on the future of Christianity, including an introduction and download links. http://thefinalfreeedoms.blogspot.com/

“Rattling for Chemistry”

Deep Swamps of Georgia

#26 Oct 22, 2007
goliah wrote:
The God question may have found a final resolution and but don't expect either side in the ID vs Evolution debate very pleased. I quote:'It is the first ever viable religious conception leading faith to
and
perception.'
Three essays on the future of Christianity, including an introduction and download links. http://thefinalfreeedoms.blogspot.com/
Your link doesn't work.

“Restore the Republic”

Level 1

Since: Jan 07

Burbs

#27 Oct 22, 2007

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#28 Oct 22, 2007
goliah wrote:
and
perception.'
I'll believe it when there is real proof.

Until then, I remain as always, skeptical.

And none of the links in the last 3 posts work....*sigh*

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#29 Oct 22, 2007
us ourYF 22s wrote:
thefinalfreeedoms.com/blogspot
That doesn't even GOOGLE a result (rare, that...)

“That's just MY opinion...”

Location hidden

#31 Oct 23, 2007
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
Take an "e" out of freeedom. Looks like a load of crap.

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#32 Oct 23, 2007
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Take an "e" out of freeedom. Looks like a load of crap.
Tried:
thefinalfreedoms.com/blogspot

Still won't load, won't even google.

I'll take your word that it's a load...

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#33 Oct 23, 2007
Okay, I tried THIS in GOOGLE, and hit "Im Feeling Lucky"

What comes back is "Sexual Addiction Recovery website":
http://www.sexaddict.com/FreedomB.html

Hmmm. Maybe THAT is what goilah was referring to? <rolls eyes>

“That's just MY opinion...”

Location hidden

#34 Oct 23, 2007
<quoted text>
Tried:
thefinalfreedoms.com/blogspot
Still won't load, won't even google.
I'll take your word that it's a load...
http://thefinalfreedoms.blogspot.com/

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#35 Oct 23, 2007
MADRONE wrote:
Lots and lots of words-in-a-row.

Zero substance. Plenty of "whatif" and "you must agree that" (without stating WHAT is to be agreed upon).

I like my sexual predatory link better--- at least it's topical to something _real_.... <rolls eyes>

“we do sarcasm and irony here”

Since: Aug 07

Redlands, CA

#36 Oct 23, 2007
<quoted text>
Lots and lots of words-in-a-row.
Zero substance. Plenty of "whatif" and "you must agree that" (without stating WHAT is to be agreed upon).
I like my sexual predatory link better--- at least it's topical to something _real_.... <rolls eyes>
I didn't read far enough, I'm assuming that at some point they ask for money.

“Life's tough, get a helmet!”

Since: Oct 07

Nieuwegein, Netherlands

#37 Oct 26, 2007
I believe in God, only I spell it 'Nature'.

“Restore the Republic”

Level 1

Burbs

#38 Oct 26, 2007
<quoted text>
Yeah me either, I just threw it up and exited.

I was watching some end times speculation on TV today and saw a reported Papal Paper being written up that might release all from Hell in the End Days.

BTW, last night on Wired Science(PBS website)... there was something you might like and, I saw where its being produced(one method) on a rpinter using a cartridge...I'm not pulling your leg..

"Lizards Can Replace Missing Limbs - Someday Maybe We Will, Too

Medical scientists recently scored a major breakthrough when they successfully implanted several people with the world's first laboratory-grown bladders.(See the whole story on WIRED Science's "Body Building") But what about regrowing parts on the outside of the body, like fingers, arms or legs? After all, some lizards and fish can do it. What have they got that we don't?

A handful of researchers around the country are working to find out. Last year, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, the Pentagon's experimental science wing, doled out multi-million dollar grants to launch two teams of scientists in pursuit of a specific goal: figure out how salamanders regenerate severed limbs, and make mice perform a similar trick. Meanwhile, the Army will soon begin an attempt to regrow the fingers of several war-maimed soldiers."

http://www.pbs.org/kcet/wiredscience/story/48...

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#39 Oct 26, 2007
us ourYF 22s wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah me either, I just threw it up and exited.
I was watching some end times speculation on TV today and saw a reported Papal Paper being written up that might release all from Hell in the End Days.
BTW, last night on Wired Science(PBS website)... there was something you might like and, I saw where its being produced(one method) on a rpinter using a cartridge...I'm not pulling your leg..
"Lizards Can Replace Missing Limbs - Someday Maybe We Will, Too
Medical scientists recently scored a major breakthrough when they successfully implanted several people with the world's first laboratory-grown bladders.(See the whole story on WIRED Science's "Body Building") But what about regrowing parts on the outside of the body, like fingers, arms or legs? After all, some lizards and fish can do it. What have they got that we don't?
A handful of researchers around the country are working to find out. Last year, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, the Pentagon's experimental science wing, doled out multi-million dollar grants to launch two teams of scientists in pursuit of a specific goal: figure out how salamanders regenerate severed limbs, and make mice perform a similar trick. Meanwhile, the Army will soon begin an attempt to regrow the fingers of several war-maimed soldiers."
http://www.pbs.org/kcet/wiredscience/story/48...
Cool.

I'd seen the artificial bladders-- to date, the sphincter muscles must be available from the old bladder, to be sutured into the new, for the technique to work (from what I remember).

But it's a very good first step.

Regrow fingers? That would be a literal godsend to many people, and not just veterans.

In fact, I could see, if the process is not horrendous, older people with crippling arthritis in their fingers, having them amputated, and re-grown...

_I'd_ consider it for my left thumb....

“Restore the Republic”

Level 1

Burbs

#40 Oct 27, 2007
<quoted text>
Cool.
I'd seen the artificial bladders-- to date, the sphincter muscles must be available from the old bladder, to be sutured into the new, for the technique to work (from what I remember).
But it's a very good first step.
Regrow fingers? That would be a literal godsend to many people, and not just veterans.
In fact, I could see, if the process is not horrendous, older people with crippling arthritis in their fingers, having them amputated, and re-grown...
_I'd_ consider it for my left thumb....
They are working onn Esophagus' and hearts.

There was two methods. Both in volve what ehy call Scaffolds but you and i would relate to it visually more like a form...like a concret form ...the back form for a curb of a like a sonatube for a round pour in the Earth....we call it falsework as it just maintains structure until the building can hold its own , then its removed. Same principle.

At any rate they take take cells and kinda shoot them on the form like shock crete is done.

And, they even had a printer where they took the cartridges for ink and filled them with cells and other stuff and had it print so to speak, a heart, albeit miniature at this stage.....

If you clicked on the link there you might have been able to view the episode...it was only 15 minutes long but fascinating......also....they were producing skin, That isnt so new but I havent seen where they could come up with sweat glads and nerves yet.

They stated that while in the womb we are able to regenerate if something was say.....cut off but some where that system shuts down.

Wouldnt it be nice to get a whole new suit of skin...like a 30 yr old model that was actually our own?

HAIR !!!!! I WANT HAIR!!!!!!....it doesnt even have to be that much, just a little to cover the top. I hate it when a female says send me a pic without the hat....I usually say ok hun but I'm so tall(6-4)that you likely wont see the top of my head, unless of course your getting lucky.....heheh....:0)

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#41 Oct 28, 2007
us ourYF 22s wrote:
<quoted text>They are working onn Esophagus' and hearts.
There was two methods. Both in volve what ehy call Scaffolds but you and <edited for length>
Some of those scaffolds are pretty clever-- they are moulding them out of collagen now, which is a normal body-tissue. That is, it's a normal part of soft tissue's structure.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collagen

The heart will be a challenge-- it's basic structure is muscle, true. But, it is laced with vessels and nerve network.

And, it's valves are pretty complex, too, although artificial substitutes for these could be used initially.

If they can convince the special heart-muscle cells to grow over a heart-shaped scaffold, I think the rest should follow. The cool thing about heart-muscles is that they tend to contract in unison, even without a nerve network. So, it may be possible to have an artificial heart that contracts in response to a completely artificial nerve network-- some fine conductive strands woven in and around the newly grown muscle (say, carbon fiber tubes-- the so-called bucky-ball tubes? these appear to be conductive, very strong and very fine). You'd want the "wires" to be organic, I think, if possible, to reduce problems with rejection. Not to mention, they must flex 60 times a minute for 100 years and NOT BREAK. <heh>

Anyway, an artificial pacemaker connected to these wires would work quite well at keeping the muscles contracting as they are supposed to.

The valves might be grown on separate scaffolds, and surgically implanted at some point-- likely would be easier than growing the two together.

That just leaves the blood vessels. NOT an easy thing to replicate-- they are actually MORE complex (if I remember by biology correctly) than muscle tissue.

But, that may be moot: there was an experimental bypass process, that bypassed blood vessels entirely. Literal holes were drilled through the heart muscle using a hair-fine laser "drill". These went directly into the chamber, allowing blood to flow up the hole [with each beat] and nourish the surrounding muscles. The outside entrance holes were sealed somehow (I forget how).

Anyway, follow up of these holes showed that blood vessels grew into the holes, or the holes grew blood-vessel-like "skin" (not clear, I don't remember exactly).

That might be the trick: when the scaffold of the heart muscle is designed, blood vessel channels might be deliberately created. Once the heart is immersed in a normal living body, blood would ebb and flow [with the heartbeats] through these channels and nourish the heart directly from within. And why not?

Who says it has to mimic exactly the original? <grin>

Cool beans, Ray.

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#42 Oct 28, 2007
us ourYF 22s wrote:
HAIR !!!!! I WANT HAIR!!!!!!....it doesnt even have to be that much, just a little to cover the top. I hate it when a female says send me a pic without the hat....I usually say ok hun but I'm so tall(6-4)that you likely wont see the top of my head, unless of course your getting lucky.....heheh....:0)
I think they are closer than ever at solving that one.

There seems to be a great deal of research into WHY the hair quits growing in the first place.

If they can truly solve that one-- a solution should not be far off.

But, an after-it's-gone fix?

Yeah, artificial skin WITH "HEAD"-hair would be worth a mint.

More than a mint...<heh>

Imagine a starlet who had oodles of money lying around, and concluded that being a REAL blonde was just the ticket..... and had a scalp transplant, with REAL blonde hair this time.... <rolls eyes>

"If you can imagine it, some fool will go and try it, sooner or later..."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min THE LONE WORKER 205,609
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 7 min Mad Tom 972
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 20 min THE LONE WORKER 43,460
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr scientia potentia... 18,732
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 2 hr scientia potentia... 151,494
evolution is correct. prove me wrong (Jul '15) Tue Chazofsaints 37
Questions about first life Aug 28 Upright Scientist 18
More from around the web