can anyone explain to me why humans a...

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#43 Jun 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not. That kid is the death of me.
If that kid had any sense, he/she would make sure that was reality and get rid of your worthless tard asssss. But then again it is your kid so we all know it falls very short when it comes to sense. LMAO

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#44 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not. That kid is the death of me.
Well you are still posting so I can see your kid hasn't offed you yet. Like I said if he/she had any sense they would dump your worthless tard asss in a river and walk away. But again like I said it is your kid and falls very short when it comes to having sense. Quit molesting it and you may live longer but if you don't quit then like you said that kid will be the death of you for it will put you to death sooner or later. NO means NO perv especially when it comes to your own kids. But are you doing this inbreeding and molestation as a family trait or as a future career for your child? LMMFAO

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#45 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you are still posting so I can see your kid hasn't offed you yet. Like I said if he/she had any sense they would dump your worthless tard asss in a river and walk away. But again like I said it is your kid and falls very short when it comes to having sense. Quit molesting it and you may live longer but if you don't quit then like you said that kid will be the death of you for it will put you to death sooner or later. NO means NO perv especially when it comes to your own kids. But are you doing this inbreeding and molestation as a family trait or as a future career for your child? LMMFAO
I heard that sexual molestation was your was your way of having fun.

Any truth to the rumor?

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#46 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that sexual molestation was your was your way of having fun.
Any truth to the rumor?
"was your was your way" now you are stuttering. Does your kid stutter when you shove it deep or do you all stutter just because from the inbreeding?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#47 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
"was your was your way" now you are stuttering. Does your kid stutter when you shove it deep or do you all stutter just because from the inbreeding?
Sorry, my bitch, it is very late at might for me and I really should go to bed. But you entertain me so much with your unbelievable stupidity that I had to stay up a bit longer.

So how does your uncle like it, and no I am not talking about your Vietnam uncles.

Here, let's see if this helps: How does your "uncle" like it? Are you butt hurt after he leaves just as you are butt hurt after you leave this forum? That would explain why an idiot like you keeps coming back here.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#48 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, my bitch, it is very late at might for me and I really should go to bed. But you entertain me so much with your unbelievable stupidity that I had to stay up a bit longer.
So how does your uncle like it, and no I am not talking about your Vietnam uncles.
Here, let's see if this helps: How does your "uncle" like it? Are you butt hurt after he leaves just as you are butt hurt after you leave this forum? That would explain why an idiot like you keeps coming back here.
Late at "might" for you? Sorry that is how you see your kid. Late at night and you "might" just jump on again. Oh my uncle he like receiving more than he like pitching so he is the one that leaves with the sore butt. Like Isaid if your kid had any sence it would just dump your sorry tard ass in a river and not look back.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#50 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Late at "might" for you? Sorry that is how you see your kid. Late at night and you "might" just jump on again. Oh my uncle he like receiving more than he like pitching so he is the one that leaves with the sore butt. Like Isaid if your kid had any sence it would just dump your sorry tard ass in a river and not look back.
Yup, my bitch it is very late at night for me.

Let's go back to your fossil debacle. Part of it you tried to claim was a typo. Look at your keyboard. If you have a standard Qwerty keyboard 'm' is right next to 'n'. So using m for n is an understandable typo. You had a massive mistake that could not have been a typo. The number of letters was wrong. The positioning of the fingers could not make it. It was clear that you had no clue.

And by the way idiot, you made two typos in your post to me. Muphry's Law strikes again.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#53 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, my bitch it is very late at night for me.
Let's go back to your fossil debacle. Part of it you tried to claim was a typo. Look at your keyboard. If you have a standard Qwerty keyboard 'm' is right next to 'n'. So using m for n is an understandable typo. You had a massive mistake that could not have been a typo. The number of letters was wrong. The positioning of the fingers could not make it. It was clear that you had no clue.
And by the way idiot, you made two typos in your post to me. Muphry's Law strikes again.
Lets get back to your kiddd. if you would teach that lil trashh to sukkyyy dikkyyy that way with that very loose assss you have over worked, they won't be completely worthless.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#54 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that sexual molestation was your was your way of having fun.
Any truth to the rumor?
What? he’s a catholic who now advertise the fact?

Or just a basic run of the mill member of the other 40 odd thousands other sects of christianity who keep child molestation behind closed doors

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#55 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets get back to your kiddd. if you would teach that lil trashh to sukkyyy dikkyyy that way with that very loose assss you have over worked, they won't be completely worthless.
Why are you so obsessive about someone else’s child?

So much obsessive excitement it seem to make you stutter your typing
Yoda

Cochrane, Canada

#56 Aug 16, 2014
EADGBE wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just guessing, but I'd offer the unique regulation of the development and of our cerebral cortex as there are plenty of examples where disruptions of this development result in folks with very limited capacities by standard measures. As for why certain animals aren't our superiors, well if you're swimming, then a shark is your superior. If you're trying to fly, then a bat is your superior. Trying to smell, a grizzly bear; trying to climb a tree, an orangutuan, trying to run, an antelope, etc. If you haven't already heard, then you might be interested in some of the "memory" research comparing humans to chimps:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/12/...
However, for all our superiority, we still can't beat the simplest of "life" forms, despite all our cognitive abilities and all of our accumulated technology. In the race to replicate, brain power and self awareness aren't necessarily the only or best strategy.
Cheers!
I can't believe you're mixing up the use of "superior in" and "superior over"!!! The original poster was asking how come dolphins are not superior *over* humans and you answered with an irrelevant twist of superior to. I am sure you know the difference between the two.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#57 Aug 16, 2014
christian wrote:
if you explain this too me then you have me on evolution no one can explain to me hy humans are the only creatures who think on the level that we do.
Why do you think the Cheetah is the fastest animal in the world? Why are they the only creatures who run on the level they do?
Why do you think the whales are the biggest animals in the world? Why are they the only creatures who are large on the level they do?
Why do you think the Nile Crocodile has the most powerful bite in the world? Why are they the only creatures who have such a large bite as they have?

The answer is: because all these traits offer better survival and reproduction chances within the given habitat of those species.

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#58 Aug 17, 2014
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure most elephants doubt humans consider their existence on a daily basis-- and they'd be right.
"...on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.”
&#8213; Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#59 Aug 17, 2014
Freeman wrote:
Well why primates? Why didn't canines begin to stand upright? Or any other animal for that matter. Or why didn't different animals all evolve in the way primates did.
Because this isn't Star Trek or Marvel Comics where evolution has a particular destination or end game as determined by advanced beings with a knack for genetics. Here, evolution is not predetermined to emphasize intelligence or humanoid form. Canines did not need to stand upright to survive, and it would have been several steps to go from the standard canine form to one where standing upright would have been possible. Maybe in the future it will happen, maybe not.

All living things did not evolve the way primates did because all living things face different environments, different evolutionary pressures and different mutations along the way.
Big Al

Bartlesville, OK

#60 Jun 13, 2015
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Some creature had to be the first to evolve to this level of intelligence, and here we are.
The reason there aren't any others is because we out competed or killed off all the other apeman such as the neaderthals.
So you're telling me that we are no better than animals..??That we kill off/out "compete" other apeman? Then why in this day/age is murder considered punishable by law? Why do we have a guilt conscience after doing wrong to others or to ourselevss? If we are no more than an enhanced animal then why are there so many principles/morals on how we should live? There Has to be a reason why we're here and how we think the way we do. There's no way I could believe this is a coincidence. We can't prove there to be life outside our planet. We have theories about what it's like but we can't actually go figure it out 100% Sure we have "theories" of human dna/bones from millions of years back but scientists can't ACTUALLY Prove it. We can't prove an exact start time/how this all came together. God has to be the most logical conclusion. Not only for the sake of His work/existence, but even for ourselves. I couldn't believe that once I (or we all) die that that's it and every moment we've lived was for nothing/nothing ever mattered. & that the idea of an afterlife couldn't possibly be there because we believe in pure coincidence and Not by faith/reason. We are made different because we are made in His image.

“Darwin was right”

Since: Jul 15

Location hidden

#64 Feb 8, 2016
christian wrote:
if you explain this too me then you have me on evolution no one can explain to me hy humans are the only creatures who think on the level that we do.
Ummm? and just what level do 'we' think on?
For instance you think blind faith trumps established facts, so you continue to make assumptions and guesses which are all without foundation. They are imaginary. Many would call you insane not sentient.
Sentient denotes wisdom through education, experience and innovation. We observe that in it's various evolutionary stages throughout the animal kingdom. Certainly certain species have evolved extremely complex minds and we are the apex predator thanks to the evolution of the hominin brain.
Try using yours it works wonders and no need for magic or ghost stories.
MIDutch

Franklin, MI

#65 Feb 8, 2016
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're telling me that we are no better than animals..??That we kill off/out "compete" other apeman? Then why in this day/age is murder considered punishable by law? Why do we have a guilt conscience after doing wrong to others or to ourselevss? If we are no more than an enhanced animal then why are there so many principles/morals on how we should live? There Has to be a reason why we're here and how we think the way we do. There's no way I could believe this is a coincidence. We can't prove there to be life outside our planet. We have theories about what it's like but we can't actually go figure it out 100% Sure we have "theories" of human dna/bones from millions of years back but scientists can't ACTUALLY Prove it. We can't prove an exact start time/how this all came together. God has to be the most logical conclusion. Not only for the sake of His work/existence, but even for ourselves. I couldn't believe that once I (or we all) die that that's it and every moment we've lived was for nothing/nothing ever mattered. & that the idea of an afterlife couldn't possibly be there because we believe in pure coincidence and Not by faith/reason. We are made different because we are made in His image.
Which "god". There have been so many ...
Pong Lenis

Salt Lake City, UT

#67 Mar 6, 2016
christian wrote:
when i say on the level that we do i mean and i'm sure you guys understand this the complications of our thought. i love animals but i doubt elephants consider there existece on a daily basis. i understand what you guys are saying but i don't at the same time. why aren't sharks as intelligent as humans? why are gorillas and apes not our superiors if we eveolved along the same lines?
why are human beings the only creatures with the capacity to create and understand the multiple things we do? why do humans have the curiosity that urges us to try and learn and analyze behaviors of other creatures? chimps and dolphins have learned to understand human language to some extent, yet they don't try to recognize our anatomy. what makes humanity different from the animal kingdom in terms of evolutionary thought?
what gives humanity it's mental advantage over other species?
I just read an article on reddit about how we teach primates to communicate with us. Some of them are very smart and have a large vocabulary. However, the one thing that is ever perplexing to these researchers is that not one primate has ever asked a human a question. They've tried everything they can think of to induce any questions but to no avail. This leads them to think that primates are unable to ask the question why; to wonder. We could be the only species on this planet to be able to do it and if that's true, it could obviously make all the difference.

“Darwin was right”

Since: Jul 15

Location hidden

#68 Mar 6, 2016
Pong Lenis wrote:
<quoted text>
I just read an article on reddit about how we teach primates to communicate with us. Some of them are very smart and have a large vocabulary. However, the one thing that is ever perplexing to these researchers is that not one primate has ever asked a human a question. They've tried everything they can think of to induce any questions but to no avail. This leads them to think that primates are unable to ask the question why; to wonder. We could be the only species on this planet to be able to do it and if that's true, it could obviously make all the difference.
Yes chimps can 'ask' for food when they're hungry or for help if they need it. The researchers used instrumental conditioning strategies with Washoe, a mature female chimpazee. For example, they taught the word "more" by using tickling as a reward. This technique was later applied to a variety of relevant situations.
The results of the Gardners' efforts were as follows:
Vocabulary: When a sign was reported by three independent observers, it was added to a checklist. The sign had to occur in an appropriate context and without prompting. The checklist was used to record the frequency of a sign. A sign had to be used at least once a day for 15 consecutive days before it was deemed to have been acquired. Alternatively, a sign had to be used at least 15 days out of 30 consecutive days. By the end of the 22nd month of the project, thirty-four signs had been learned.
Differentiation: Washoe used the sign "more" in many different situations until a more specific sign had been learned. At one point, she used the sign for "flower" to express the idea of "smell." After additional training, Washoe was eventually able to differentiate between "smell" and "flower."
Transfer: Although the same object was presented for each learning trial (a specific hat, for example), Washoe was able to use the sign for other similar objects (e.g. other hats).
Combinations: Washoe was able to combine two or three signs in an original way. For example, "open food drink" meant "open the fridge" and "please open hurry" meant "please open it quickly."
Washoe also taught other Chimpanzees some ASL without any help from humans.

Sarah and two other chimpanzees, Elizabeth and Peony, in the research programs of David Premack, demonstrated the ability to produce grammatical streams of token selections. The selections came from a vocabulary of several dozen plastic tokens; it took each of the chimpanzees hundreds of trials to reliably associate a token with a referent, such as an apple or banana. The tokens were chosen to be completely different in appearance from the referents. After learning these protocols, Sarah was then able to associate other tokens with consistent behaviors, such as negation, name-of, and if-then. The plastic tokens were placed on a magnetic slate, within a rectangular frame in a line. The tokens had to be selected and placed in a consistent order (a grammar) in order for the trainers to reward the chimpanzees. This demonstrates the reasoning required to ask for something. However a chimps reasoning is equivalent to a human toddler, they wouldn't sit and ponder the meaning of life, just what was beneficial to them i.e. food, affection.
It clearly showed that apes can innovate, adopt new strategies and develop tools. So this indicates a stage in the development of the pre frontal cortex in evolutionary terms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_ape_langu...

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#69 Mar 6, 2016
Critical Eye wrote:
<quoted text>Yes chimps can 'ask' for food when they're hungry or for help if they need it. The researchers used instrumental conditioning strategies with Washoe, a mature female chimpazee. For example, they taught the word "more" by using tickling as a reward. This technique was later applied to a variety of relevant situations.
The results of the Gardners' efforts were as follows:
Vocabulary: When a sign was reported by three independent observers, it was added to a checklist. The sign had to occur in an appropriate context and without prompting. The checklist was used to record the frequency of a sign. A sign had to be used at least once a day for 15 consecutive days before it was deemed to have been acquired. Alternatively, a sign had to be used at least 15 days out of 30 consecutive days. By the end of the 22nd month of the project, thirty-four signs had been learned.
Differentiation: Washoe used the sign "more" in many different situations until a more specific sign had been learned. At one point, she used the sign for "flower" to express the idea of "smell." After additional training, Washoe was eventually able to differentiate between "smell" and "flower."
Transfer: Although the same object was presented for each learning trial (a specific hat, for example), Washoe was able to use the sign for other similar objects (e.g. other hats).
Combinations: Washoe was able to combine two or three signs in an original way. For example, "open food drink" meant "open the fridge" and "please open hurry" meant "please open it quickly."
Washoe also taught other Chimpanzees some ASL without any help from humans.
Sarah and two other chimpanzees, Elizabeth and Peony, in the research programs of David Premack, demonstrated the ability to produce grammatical streams of token selections. The selections came from a vocabulary of several dozen plastic tokens; it took each of the chimpanzees hundreds of trials to reliably associate a token with a referent, such as an apple or banana. The tokens were chosen to be completely different in appearance from the referents. After learning these protocols, Sarah was then able to associate other tokens with consistent behaviors, such as negation, name-of, and if-then. The plastic tokens were placed on a magnetic slate, within a rectangular frame in a line. The tokens had to be selected and placed in a consistent order (a grammar) in order for the trainers to reward the chimpanzees. This demonstrates the reasoning required to ask for something. However a chimps reasoning is equivalent to a human toddler, they wouldn't sit and ponder the meaning of life, just what was beneficial to them i.e. food, affection.
It clearly showed that apes can innovate, adopt new strategies and develop tools. So this indicates a stage in the development of the pre frontal cortex in evolutionary terms.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_ape_langu...
The Gardners work at Nevada uni and the later work at Oklahoma formed a substantial part of my psych class. I was always an animal lover but It changed my outlook on animal intelegence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Aura Mytha 221,993
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 9 min John 32,246
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 min 15th Dalai Lama 77,026
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 13 min John 836
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 40 min Dogen 162,493
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 43 min Dogen 4,321
Can the universe be God's brain? (Jun '07) Mon The FACTory 101
More from around the web