Mo. House bill proposes introduction of creationism into public schools

Feb 4, 2013 Full story: The Maneater 7

A new bill in the Missouri House of Representatives outlines that if biological evolution is to be taught in public schools, then biological intelligent design is to be given equal treatment.

Full Story

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#1 Feb 5, 2013
Rev. Amy Gearhart, the senior pastor at the Missouri United Methodist Church, said the Methodist Christian denomination supports the separation of church and state.

“Too often, a proposed bill … is an attempt to ‘Get God back into the schools,’ when in fact, God has never left the schools,” Gearhart said.“God is in the teachers and teaching and the students and learning.”

Gearhart said Christian teachings are better left out of the classroom.

“Our Christian faith is to be taught in the home and church so that Christians can interact with people of all races, faiths and creeds in the public schools and witness to a way of compassion, generosity and justice,” Gearhart said.

AGREED!

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#2 Feb 5, 2013
MikeF wrote:
Rev. Amy Gearhart, the senior pastor at the Missouri United Methodist Church, said the Methodist Christian denomination supports the separation of church and state.
“Too often, a proposed bill … is an attempt to ‘Get God back into the schools,’ when in fact, God has never left the schools,” Gearhart said.“God is in the teachers and teaching and the students and learning.”
Gearhart said Christian teachings are better left out of the classroom.
“Our Christian faith is to be taught in the home and church so that Christians can interact with people of all races, faiths and creeds in the public schools and witness to a way of compassion, generosity and justice,” Gearhart said.
AGREED!
Well... she's obviously NOT a "True Christian" if THOSE are her true feelings!! The nerve of some people!

<Hey, Mike!>

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Feb 5, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Well... she's obviously NOT a "True Christian" if THOSE are her true feelings!! The nerve of some people!
<Hey, Mike!>
Hey, Terry. How ya been?

Location hidden

#4 Feb 5, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Terry. How ya been?
I'm doing well, thanks. I trust the same can be said for you?

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Feb 5, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>I'm doing well, thanks. I trust the same can be said for you?
Yup. Hoping this is my last year before retirement. Off on a cruise next week. Life is good.

Location hidden

#6 Feb 5, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Hoping this is my last year before retirement. Off on a cruise next week. Life is good.
Cool! I'm in WI... so I can't say I'm not jealous! LOL! I hope you have a great time!!

“look up and laugh”

Level 9

Since: Jun 08

guess, where

#7 Feb 7, 2013
Religion is up to our free time and family time BUT we should still saluite our flag every day and say the Pledge of Alligence inculing ine nation under God. Also all schools should have a 15 minute quiet time shere a student can pray or worship in their own way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min deutscher Nationa... 132,581
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 24 min Chimney1 531
How would creationists explain... 30 min Chimney1 334
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... 1 hr nobody 7
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 11 hr Brian_G 13,618
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) Fri Zach 4
Science News (Sep '13) Fri Ricky F 2,936
More from around the web