Is evolution missing link in some Pennsylvania high schools?

Apr 27, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

During an Advanced Placement biology course in Easton Area High School, Jennifer Estevez's teacher sped through the large chapter on evolution, focusing on one formula for the AP exam and the basics: survival of the fittest and natural selection.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

What a sad state.

“I am the great an powerful Ny!”

Since: Dec 06

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
What a sad state.
Look who's talking...home of the Discovery Institute :P

I hope no bill gets even out of committee for something like this. The last thing this state needs is a lawsuit.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

llDayo wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope no bill gets even out of committee for something like this. The last thing this state needs is a lawsuit.
Hey, it's not our fault. And I don't think we have a problem with creationists teaching nonsense in our schools, at least I have not heard of any. My brother teaches ESL, and unfortunately is a creationist, bordering on creatard, but that subject hopefully never comes up in his classes.

Hmm, Google Search time to see if it is a problem in my state.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

ARGH! They had to mention my place of birth, Altoona. Enough of a black eye that Michael Behe was born there too. Now this. Sheesh!

At least there was some bright spots:
"Those who want to teach creationism or can't teach evolution shouldn't be there. If they want to teach creationism or intelligent design, it's a nice Sunday school topic. There's a forum for that. People who don't believe in evolution should opt out of modern science and resort to rattling chicken bones." - Prof. David Lampe, Duquesne University

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

llDayo wrote:
<quoted text>
Pft, we let them live here, we don't let them ruin our education at least.:P

“I am the great an powerful Ny!”

Since: Dec 06

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wait. The contagion is bound to spread to your area too.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

llDayo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wait. The contagion is bound to spread to your area too.
Well, luckily it has no chance of surviving here. As I said, we tolerate their "institute" ... and that's just because they pay us money. One thing about this state, we love money.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you think fought and died for all the freedoms you enjoy in this country today and even the state of Pennsylvania?

God's people did, you freaking idiots!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you think fought and died for all the freedoms you enjoy in this country today and even the state of Pennsylvania?
It was us veterans, you freaking idiot. Some were believers, some were not. So you can STFU about who did what.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
... and they fought against "god's people" to do it. Irony.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Let's see - did God's people come over to the Americas killing and subjugating the natives? Yes. Did God's people use the Bible to justify slavery when pressured by the abolitionist movement from Europe? Yes. Did God's people support the Divine Right of Kings (a distinctly NON-democratic concept) for MILLENIA? Yes. Did God's people set up the US Constitution to allow freedom of (all) religion(s)? No. As the Founders were made up two Catholics, six from different Protestant sects, Jefferson (who considered himself a religion of one), while the rest were pretty much deists.

Are God's people TODAY defending the right of non-hetrosexuals? No. Are God's people TODAY defending the rights of all cultures, races and creeds? No. Are God's people TODAY defending the rights of ALL faiths and none in the US today and not just their own? No. Are God's people unConstitutionally and ILLEGALLY using PR and political pressuring to push THEIR religion onto OTHER PEOPLE'S KIDS using public tax money? Yes.

Are God's people fighting for the freedoms of all US citizens? I'm sure some are.

That don't describe you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Evolution Debate Forum right now

Search the Evolution Debate Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 3 min KAB 134,031
Big Bang? 16 min Morrat 133
Modern YEC is Not An Aberration of Traditional ... 29 min Gillette 116
British Ban Teaching Creationism As Science, Sh... 32 min wondering 117
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 42 min One way or another 171,380
Chicken or the egg. Lets settle this 52 min TurkanaBoy 49
The Universe is fine-tuned for life 1 hr Zog Has-fallen 35
•••
•••