Creation versus evolution debate

May 14, 2012 Full story: Examiner.com 270

On Saturday May 12, the Museum of Creation and Earth History in Santee, Calif. held a debate featuring Creation vs.

Full Story
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

“I am evolving as fast as I can”

Since: Jan 08

Brooklyn, in Dayton OH now

#267 Jan 7, 2013
THE BAPTIST wrote:
<quoted text>I the baptist,will not get my rear end busted on this subject.Just because some one disagrees with you is not crying.I am willing to take on all of you unbeleivers.We shall see if you doubters have anything to add,to convince any other creationist that evolution is a fact.We should have a good time at it.
You do know that most Baptists schools of higher education teach evolution?

You do know that many of the signatories of the Clergy Letter are Baptists?

You want a debate, try being actual evidence rather than conjecture and wishful thinking. So far you have been long of both and woefully short on evidence.

I predict you will make a small effort, fall back on 'I believe' and them claim some sort of victory that make you feel like you have earned a few more brownie points toward your everlasting reward. Yes, I am cynical to your offer to debate -- it's based on experience 'debating' believers. You do not debate, you ponitificate and run away when no one crowns you some sort of believer genius. Color me less than impressed.

#268 Jan 7, 2013
THE BAPTIST wrote:
<quoted text>I the baptist,will not get my rear end busted on this subject.Just because some one disagrees with you is not crying.I am willing to take on all of you unbeleivers.We shall see if you doubters have anything to add,to convince any other creationist that evolution is a fact.We should have a good time at it.
How about busted by Baylor University, one of the Largest Baptist Univisities in the country and the largest in Texas. Here is what they say about Evolution: Statement of Evolution

"Evolution, a foundational principle of modern biology, is supported by overwhelming scientific evidence and is accepted by the vast majority of scientists. Because it is fundamental to the understanding of modern biology, the faculty in the Biology Department at Baylor University, Waco, TX, teach evolution throughout the biology curriculum. We are in accordance with the American Association for Advancement of Science's statement on evolution. We are a science department, so we do not teach alternative hypotheses or philosophically deduced theories that cannot be tested rigorously." ( http://www.baylor.edu/biology/index.php... )

#269 Jan 7, 2013
THE BAPTIST wrote:
<quoted text>I understandall of the above.Does not science tell you by tracing all animals and humans through the genetic code,that number one is that all humans came from two living human beings,one man and one woman.Also,same goes for animals.Take a dna sample from one dog and you can trace using the dna,back to one male dog and one female dog,thus creation prevails in your argument.Can you agree with science?
No, science doesn't tell us that. You need an actual education on the subject.

What science does tell us is that about 130,000 years ago there was an individual that all currently living humans can trace our mitochondirial DNA back to. Mitochondrial DNA is passed through the maternal line.

On the male side, we can trace back to a single Y-Chromosone back to an individual about 70,000 years ago.

Colloquially these two individuals are called Mitochondrial Eve and Y-Chromosonal Adam, but that is the ONLY connection to your Adam and Eve story. They did not live at the same time, they did not have children with each other. You really need to get educated on the subject.

Gee, you haven't gotten very far and you are already peddling junk. Care to try again?

Let me guess, the odds argument is forthcoming. Something about tornadoes and junkyards? Or maybe the Lady Hope urban legend. COme on, bring some real evidence.

#270 Jan 7, 2013
THE BAPTIST wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!AT YOUR IGNORANCE!
So now we know you idea of a debate!

You are wrong, it was pointed out to you anmd still you persist is not understanding science at even the 5th grade level. You call yourself a Baptist, yet even most Baptists would repudiate what you are claiming.

Please get educated!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#271 Jan 7, 2013
Howdy Ted, you've been missing the fun. Hope all's well.

#272 Jan 7, 2013
The Dude wrote:
Howdy Ted, you've been missing the fun. Hope all's well.
Heya Dude! All is well, just been busy as hell. Had to take a break again and let this and my blog lag. Sometimes life gets in the way of hobbies like attempting to educate Creationists. Hope all is well with you too!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#273 Jan 7, 2013
Still abiding!
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#274 Jan 7, 2013
TedHOhio wrote:
<quoted text>
Heya Dude! All is well, just been busy as hell. Had to take a break again and let this and my blog lag. Sometimes life gets in the way of hobbies like attempting to educate Creationists. Hope all is well with you too!
TedH, I concur. Great to "see" you again!:)

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#275 Jan 7, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
TedH, I concur. Great to "see" you again!:)
I'm with the boys above.

Good to see you again!

#276 Jan 8, 2013
Glad to see everyone as well. Nice to know the good fight isn't waning! Now if only a few select individuals will learn a little basic science :-) I know, too much to hope for! But then I must be an optimist :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 15 min wondering 173,702
New review critical of "Origins" 26 min ugome 10
Need clarification on evolution 1 hr ugome 1
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr Aura Mytha 116,629
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism 3 hr MikeF 514
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 11 hr Chimney1 137,094
Can the universe be God's brain? (Jun '07) 17 hr Kong_ 62
There is no scientific evidence whatsoever for ... 19 hr thewordofme 166
•••

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••