Microevolution -True. Macroevolution -The Lie.

Posted in the Evolution Debate Forum

Comments (Page 30)

Showing posts 581 - 593 of593
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Thats a knee slapper wrote:
And that is your opinion. I will not communicate to anyone what I am educated in, what degrees I hold or even where I am from.
Well, you're NOT educated in science, you hold 360 degrees when you pick up your potractor, and you're from Earth. But since you spend the day claiming reality isn't real cuz Jews are magic I'd say just barely.
That just opens someone up for punch jokes and ridicule.
You are in error. This happened anyway the moment you started talking.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

<quoted text>
Yes look at the title of the thread and then look at the comments in here. Not one creationists or bible thumper has been in here for over 500 comments. Not one bible verse and not one person persistently saying God did it except for Dudley always bringing up God, a few others have too. Creationists do not want to discuss variation, speciation or evolution. Though it did attract the wanker Dudley and his gully gabbing game he plays which is no better than a creationist because like a creationists he adds nothing of science or meaning.
Wow, such projection. So you deny your first post was yours? And you've finally figured out your "scientific alternative" now then, right?

Do tell.

(crickets)

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

<quoted text>
That would be just the thing to do if we could. But as it is science decides what is species and what is advanced eukaryotes and science said they were two species merging. Either you agree with science or you don't. Now if anyone here is has the qualifications to change that speak up and that can be discussed.
And yet you continually ignore the line that was quoted many times that E. coli would be split into different species if it was not for the fact that it was used in so many medical experiments and it was simply easier to call them all E. coli.
Two different articles said the same thing. One got it down to a single sentence. And you STILL could not understand it.

Aah, the denial of the creatard. It is actually sweet music because it is obvious that you are wrong when you have to go into your song and dance.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you continually ignore the line that was quoted many times that E. coli would be split into different species if it was not for the fact that it was used in so many medical experiments and it was simply easier to call them all E. coli.
Two different articles said the same thing. One got it down to a single sentence. And you STILL could not understand it.
Aah, the denial of the creatard. It is actually sweet music because it is obvious that you are wrong when you have to go into your song and dance.
So... he's also tone-deaf and has 2 left feet?
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

<quoted text>
Many people here are set in their ways and think they know it all and will just throw BS around and/or at you know matter how you talk, what you show or what you know.
Would that have applied to you when you started the thread

Evolution. The biggest atheist trick in the world.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TMS...

Which included this "gem":

Atheist;
All
Thick
Headed
Egotistical
Idiots
Spreading
Trickery

If you think evolution is "trickery" spread by "thick-headed atheists," what is your explanation for the great diversity of species on planet earth? How did it come to be that way, in your opinion?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that have applied to you when you started the thread
Evolution. The biggest atheist trick in the world.
But hey man, he's never mentioned God once! Just ignore all the creationist arguments he's been using along with the fundie modus operandi. He's innocent, dammit!

“Maccullochella macquariensis”

Since: May 08

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
But hey man, he's never mentioned God once! Just ignore all the creationist arguments he's been using along with the fundie modus operandi. He's innocent, dammit!
Well, he's certainly innocent of having any ability to understand simple concepts that might tend to disagree with his magical thinking.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
It would just be a lot more interesting thread if he stopped dicking around trying to make everybody angry by word parsing and obfuscating and just advocated his ideas, whatever they may be.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

<quoted text>
And that is your opinion. I will not communicate to anyone what I am educated in, what degrees I hold or even where I am from. That just opens someone up for punch jokes and ridicule. I tried first to speak in layman's terms and got kicked for not being technical. I got technical, some got lost and I still got kicked. So I could come in here and talk like a backwoods Cajun or a Harvard Professor and it would not matter. Many people here are set in their ways and think they know it all and will just throw BS around and/or at you know matter how you talk, what you show or what you know.
You opened the door. It would require that we be interested in who you are and where you are from.

I have heard enough to know that it is closer to Cajun than Harvard and with that an insult on Cajuns because I know two Cajun brothers that are physiologists and they don't sound like you.

What would matter is that you were supporting a position with some substantial evidence. You are all over the place between creationist and science and not really in either.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. Assuming you meant "I have not ....."
slappy has volunteered to be a pinata again tonight.
Absolutely meant "I have not...."

Level 7

Since: Sep 07

Winnetka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

A critical component of a scientific theory is that it is testable and falsifiable.
How would one test for the birth of the universe(BBT)? How would one test for the birth of the sun and moon?
The exact same way you test ANYTHING which has happened in the past. You look for the sort of evidence that is left behind.

How do you think Forensic science works? We can only investigate murders that are ABOUT to happen, not ones which already happened because "You can't test how he died, since he's already dead."
Lets get back to the oxygen part of it. Oxygen if found throughout the universe, just at different concentrations. So are you saying the earth, over a billion years by stromatolites and other such organisms supplied the whole universe with oxygen? After all By mass, oxygen is the third-most abundant element in the universe.
I don't know if you are being deliberately ignorant or if that is your default setting.

Oxygen is abundant but not as a stand alone molecule. It's most often attached to other elements (h2o, co, co2, etc)

The AVAILABLE oxygen on Earth was not created by organisms on Earth. It was here in roughly the same concentration in the past as it is now.

However, in the past more of the oxygen was locked up in other molecules.

When photosynthesis started, chemical processes freed oxygen from carbon, used the carbon and released the oxygen.

Thus we have available oxygen currently.

If we killed all the photosynthetic lifeforms, that oxygen would deplete to the point where respiration is impossible and eventually to a point where there is little to no available free oxygen in the atmosphere.

But, you knew this. Or you SHOULD HAVE known this because it's High school Freshman level science.

Level 7

Winnetka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Truth be told H sapien could be classified as many species. Instead we call them races.
Races are not species, just like breeds of dogs are not species.

Level 7

Winnetka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
That would be just the thing to do if we could. But as it is science decides what is species and what is advanced eukaryotes and science said they were two species merging. Either you agree with science or you don't. Now if anyone here is has the qualifications to change that speak up and that can be discussed.
As I have already explained, the entire concept of "species" is a means by which two people can speak abstractly about a group of organisms.

Those same two people could use cladistics and exchange similar information.

That doesn't mean that organism A is no longer a "species" and is now a "clade". Organism A doesn't give a sh1t what we call it.

It just means that Scientist One can express an idea to Scientist Two without having to describe the organism in detail EVERY TIME they mention it.

It's called "language".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 581 - 593 of593
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••