of 3
Next Last

“It Is What It Is”

Level 2

Since: Jul 13

Alberta, Canada

#41 Dec 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Noah never had an ark. The bible is not all truths but yet is not all lies. It would take a hellll of a lot bigger ark to get two of every species on it that existed back in those days. Do I believe God is real? That answer is yes. Do I think the bible is exaggerated by the people that wrote it? That answer is yes as well.
You sound lost. Hopefully you will figure it all out someday.

“It Is What It Is”

Level 2

Alberta, Canada

#42 Dec 12, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
It make no dam difference what the length of a cubit is. It's not a boat and it's certainly not the ark.
Keep telling yourself that for it would completely crush you and all you believe in.

“It Is What It Is”

Level 2

Alberta, Canada

#43 Dec 12, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean that book that says the Earth is a flat square circle, that global flood happened and that donkey's and lizards can talk?
Yeah, we've heard of it.
It's wrong.
You know I read your post on many thread and forums. You my little friend are an instigator. You go against God on one thread and then support God on another thread. People like you are why the world is in such chaos. Two faced people trying to fit in and please both sides.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#44 Dec 12, 2013
DarkBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound lost. Hopefully you will figure it all out someday.
I have never been lost. But I have lost a lot. Idiots like you will never understand the difference.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#45 Dec 13, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
But he didn't part the Sea of Reeds. Nor did he part the Red Sea.
And what idiot thought that the Sea of Reeds could be mistranslated as the Red Sea anyway?
I believe my bible, SZ. If there wasn't a Passover holiday to the present time, I may have believed as you do. There's just too much tradition in it. I do believe the Reed Sea or Red Sea was parted, because it's mentioned by the prophets in other parts of the OT. The Reed Sea is much shallower and smaller. Over throwing the Egyptians in it is also typical of my God. It fits her character very well and by it, she made a name for herself.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#46 Dec 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ummmm...the dead sea isn't in the fertile crescent sweetie...
yikes, for someone who god talks to, you'd think he might give you a tad bit of knowledge so people wouldn't laugh hysterically at you...
I mean the middle east as regarding the "fertile crescent". I'm pretty sure the Dead Sea is below sea level but it doesn't matter. God only talks to me through his written word but I believe God will send me an angel that will "debrief" me and tell me when VWD Day is going to be. I've been patiently waiting 30 years. December 13th is my Xmas and it's an important number. BTW, that's today!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#47 Dec 13, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Noah never had an ark. The bible is not all truths but yet is not all lies. It would take a hellll of a lot bigger ark to get two of every species on it that existed back in those days. Do I believe God is real? That answer is yes. Do I think the bible is exaggerated by the people that wrote it? That answer is yes as well.
The flood was vast, but local and only creatures indigenous to that part of the world (the middle east) were included on the ark. It covered the entire known world. And for the inevitable question, Noah and his family spent their time fishing for food. There is a flood legend in almost every culture around the world, and they are virtually identical. It happened, but not on a global scale.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#48 Dec 13, 2013
DarkBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I read your post on many thread and forums. You my little friend are an instigator. You go against God on one thread and then support God on another thread. People like you are why the world is in such chaos. Two faced people trying to fit in and please both sides.
You are in error. I have never gone against God. Nor have I ever supported God. It's simply that you are too dumb to understand subtleties of language.(shrug)

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#49 Dec 13, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The relic found in the mountains of Turkey probably is the ark. It's discovery in the same area that it was built by Noah indicates it was a local and not global flood. Most of the earth is covered by water and if the flood were global, it's likely after a year, the ark would've floated to the other side of the planet and also never would've beached itself if it was in an ocean.
It's not the ark. It's not even a boat. At all.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#50 Dec 13, 2013
DarkBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep telling yourself that for it would completely crush you and all you believe in.
Only complete morons think that this rock formation is Noah's ark.

Oh. Wait. I forgot this is DorkBlue

http://creation.com/special-report-amazing-ar...

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#51 Dec 13, 2013
DarkBlue wrote:
<quoted text>

It is simply a volcanic formation. As noted previously it is not wood nor is it fossilized wood.

End of story.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#52 Dec 13, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I mean the middle east as regarding the "fertile crescent". I'm pretty sure the Dead Sea is below sea level but it doesn't matter. God only talks to me through his written word but I believe God will send me an angel that will "debrief" me and tell me when VWD Day is going to be. I've been patiently waiting 30 years. December 13th is my Xmas and it's an important number. BTW, that's today!
then you are the only one in the world that means the middle east as the fertile crescent. and turkey is much further from the fertile crescent than even the dead sea.

yes, the dead sea is below sea level. it is the lowest spot on any continent, making it somewhat famous for being below sea level...yikes, the ignorance of some people on this planet...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#53 Dec 13, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The flood was vast, but local and only creatures indigenous to that part of the world (the middle east) were included on the ark. It covered the entire known world. And for the inevitable question, Noah and his family spent their time fishing for food. There is a flood legend in almost every culture around the world, and they are virtually identical. It happened, but not on a global scale.
no, they are not even close to identical. why do you toss out such easily disproved bullshit? do you enjoy lying? is this what the new saviour is here to give us, bullshit after bullshit? whoopeee!

Level 7

Since: Sep 07

Huntington Beach, CA

#54 Dec 20, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The flood was vast, but local and only creatures indigenous to that part of the world (the middle east) were included on the ark. It covered the entire known world. And for the inevitable question, Noah and his family spent their time fishing for food. There is a flood legend in almost every culture around the world, and they are virtually identical. It happened, but not on a global scale.
Sorry, but you can't have it both ways.

Either there was a Biblical Flood which covered the entire world and was magic, or there was a local flood which got turned into a legend.

Yes, there are flood stories in many cultures. That's because floods are big deals. 500 years from now people in Indonesian will STILL be talking about the Tsunami. That doesn't mean that the 2009 (?) tsunami was the Biblical Flood.

Was there a flood that occurred at some point in the Middle East? Undoubtedly.
Was there a flood that occurred this year in Colorado? Yes.
I remember several floods that have occurred in Ohio in the last few decades.

Why should be believe that one of them was magic and that the others weren't?

The Bible can't be "half" true. It's either 100% true or it's unreliable.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#55 Dec 20, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you can't have it both ways.
Either there was a Biblical Flood which covered the entire world and was magic, or there was a local flood which got turned into a legend.
Yes, there are flood stories in many cultures. That's because floods are big deals. 500 years from now people in Indonesian will STILL be talking about the Tsunami. That doesn't mean that the 2009 (?) tsunami was the Biblical Flood.
Was there a flood that occurred at some point in the Middle East? Undoubtedly.
Was there a flood that occurred this year in Colorado? Yes.
I remember several floods that have occurred in Ohio in the last few decades.
Why should be believe that one of them was magic and that the others weren't?
The Bible can't be "half" true. It's either 100% true or it's unreliable.
I think there was a flood that covered the entire known world and its purpose was to kill humanity. It was to purge the earth of the wicked and marked the beginning of the present earth age. It rained for forty days and the flood lasted for a year but I don't think it was global.

Level 7

Huntington Beach, CA

#56 Dec 20, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I think there was a flood that covered the entire known world and its purpose was to kill humanity. It was to purge the earth of the wicked and marked the beginning of the present earth age. It rained for forty days and the flood lasted for a year but I don't think it was global.
So the "purpose" was to "kill humanity" but the only place it rained was in Iraq, leaving North and South America, Africa, Asia, Australia and Europe out of it.

That truly is a great and powerful God.

More likely it rained for 4 days. A guy who owned a small rowboat got stuck outside and someone saw him paddling with a goat and a sheep in the goat. The legend just grew from there.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#57 Dec 20, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
So the "purpose" was to "kill humanity" but the only place it rained was in Iraq, leaving North and South America, Africa, Asia, Australia and Europe out of it.
That truly is a great and powerful God.
More likely it rained for 4 days. A guy who owned a small rowboat got stuck outside and someone saw him paddling with a goat and a sheep in the goat. The legend just grew from there.
Human life was confined to the middle east and God "renewed" the earth. This has happened before by ice ages and I believe the dinosaurs were wiped out by an asteroid. These are sections of time called "earth ages". We are living in the latter years of the present earth age and this is the time that God has chosen to come to earth and reveal himself. Amos 4:12 "...prepare to meet thy God, O Israel".

Level 7

Huntington Beach, CA

#58 Dec 20, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Human life was confined to the middle east and God "renewed" the earth. This has happened before by ice ages and I believe the dinosaurs were wiped out by an asteroid. These are sections of time called "earth ages". We are living in the latter years of the present earth age and this is the time that God has chosen to come to earth and reveal himself. Amos 4:12 "...prepare to meet thy God, O Israel".
It's fine for you to "believe" that, but there's absolutely no evidence to support it and _literally_ mountains of evidence against it.

That's the problem with trying to convince rational people that your mythology is real. It runs into reality and fails.

Now, if you were to say that the tale of Noah's Ark is a parable with a message, you'd get no argument.

Just like there never was an ACTUAL foot race between a tortoise and a hare. That story still has meaning even though it is not describing actual events.

If you want to push on the idea that Noah and his 3 sons were the only survivors of all humanity, than you must accept that ALL people (black, white, asian, australian, pacific islanders, incans, etc etc etc) all descend from the insect going on within Noah's family.

And let's be clear, there would have been A LOT of incest.

There's one thing we know about straight family trees. They don't yield variation.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#59 Dec 21, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
It's fine for you to "believe" that, but there's absolutely no evidence to support it and _literally_ mountains of evidence against it.
That's the problem with trying to convince rational people that your mythology is real. It runs into reality and fails.
Now, if you were to say that the tale of Noah's Ark is a parable with a message, you'd get no argument.
Just like there never was an ACTUAL foot race between a tortoise and a hare. That story still has meaning even though it is not describing actual events.
If you want to push on the idea that Noah and his 3 sons were the only survivors of all humanity, than you must accept that ALL people (black, white, asian, australian, pacific islanders, incans, etc etc etc) all descend from the insect going on within Noah's family.
And let's be clear, there would have been A LOT of incest.
There's one thing we know about straight family trees. They don't yield variation.
Where do you get the notion that Noah and his family engaged in incest? There were 8 people on the ark. Noah, his 3 sons, and their wives. There was no incest. Japheth, Ham, and Shem repopulated the world. After the incident with the Tower of Babel, they were scattered throughout the earth. Of the 3, God chose Shem and most of the nations in the middle east are semitic. Japheth was the eldest, had the birthright, and was the most populous. We can all trace our roots back to these 3 people. I believe the biblical account.

Level 7

Huntington Beach, CA

#60 Dec 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you get the notion that Noah and his family engaged in incest? There were 8 people on the ark. Noah, his 3 sons, and their wives. There was no incest.
And who did their children marry? Ever child born to Noah's sons was a 1st cousin of every other child born.

Those kids either had sex with their brothers and sisters, their first cousins, or... AT BEST, the wives of their uncles.
We can all trace our roots back to these 3 people. I believe the biblical account.
LOL! Please go into great detail about how you can trace New World populations (which have been present for 20+ thousand years) back to Noah which, according to the Bible, was 6,000 years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min Dogen 78,725
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 3 hr ChromiuMan 163,037
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 hr Eagle 12 - 32,457
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 7 hr Eagle 12 - 1,411
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 hr Regolith Based Li... 222,225
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! Sat Science 814
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
More from around the web