Ric Llewellyn: Intelligent design des...

Ric Llewellyn: Intelligent design deserves exploration in schools

There are 4 comments on the Bakersfield.com story from Aug 11, 2012, titled Ric Llewellyn: Intelligent design deserves exploration in schools. In it, Bakersfield.com reports that:

School starts in a couple of weeks and I have a question about the curriculum. Why don't we teach intelligent design in our public schools? Yes I'm a Christian and I believe in creation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bakersfield.com.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

#1 Aug 15, 2012
Demonstrate it's scientific first, then we can talk about teaching it as anything more than a myth.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#2 Aug 16, 2012
What a moron. What's worse, "scienceteacher" in the comments is saying he's a Christian and teaches evolution, but man was still poofed into existence and definitely NEVER evolved. He says he's a SCIENCE TEACHER. So, science is science, except when it contradicts his particular interpretation of his favorite religious text. Being a different kind of equivocating jackass doesn't keep him from being an equivocating jackass.

“His noodlyness astounds!”

Since: Feb 09

You tell me

#3 Aug 31, 2012
Apparently none of the "ID is not inherently religious" pundits have heard of the Wedge document nor the evolution of the book "Of Pandas and People".

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

#4 Aug 31, 2012
D_M_H wrote:
Apparently none of the "ID is not inherently religious" pundits have heard of the Wedge document nor the evolution of the book "Of Pandas and People".
...and Phillip Johnson (one of the founders of the intelligent design movement, principal architect of the Wedge Strategy, author of the Santorum Amendment, one of the ID movement's most prolific authors and co-founder and program advisor of the Discovery Institute's Center for Science and Culture)... has come out and said:

"We are taking an intuition most people have (the belief in God) and making it a scientific and academic enterprise. We are removing the most important cultural roadblock to accepting the role of God as creator."

"Our strategy has been to change the subject a bit so that we can get the issue of intelligent design, which really means the reality of God, before the academic world and into the schools."

"This isn't really, and never has been a debate about science. It's about religion and philosophy."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 3 min It aint necessari... 153,576
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min scientia potentia... 212,891
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr scientia potentia... 46,284
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr scientia potentia... 22,068
Science News (Sep '13) 18 hr scientia potentia... 3,653
Narcolepsy continued Oct 20 One way or another 1
Human DNA is 60% Similar to the Banana Plant Oct 15 scientia potentia... 3
More from around the web