Common Core opposition bill won't lim...

Common Core opposition bill won't limit foreign authors - or teaching of creationism and...

There are 4 comments on the Cleveland.com story from Aug 19, 2014, titled Common Core opposition bill won't limit foreign authors - or teaching of creationism and.... In it, Cleveland.com reports that:

A bill now under discussion by the Ohio legislature would allow religious views on scientific issues to be taught as districts and teachers choose.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cleveland.com.

“I am evolving as fast as I can”

Since: Jan 08

Brooklyn, in Dayton OH now

#1 Aug 19, 2014
And here we go in Ohio again. Once more unto the breach! I wonder if Deborah Owens Fink is helping this one. She was the Creationist who was on the Ohio State School Board during the last major push Creationists/Intelligent Designers made into Ohio. She got voted out of office shortly thereafter. Haven't heard much from her.

As for the latest, it's funny how this new bill isn't going to the Education Committee, but the Rules Committee. I wasn't aware the Rules committee usually reviewed bills? Wonder how the two sponsors pulled that off

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#2 Aug 20, 2014
TedHOhio wrote:
And here we go in Ohio again. Once more unto the breach! I wonder if Deborah Owens Fink is helping this one. She was the Creationist who was on the Ohio State School Board during the last major push Creationists/Intelligent Designers made into Ohio. She got voted out of office shortly thereafter. Haven't heard much from her.
As for the latest, it's funny how this new bill isn't going to the Education Committee, but the Rules Committee. I wasn't aware the Rules committee usually reviewed bills? Wonder how the two sponsors pulled that off
Hey, Ted!! Good to see you posting again!! Sorry to see your home state going through this crap again though

“I am evolving as fast as I can”

Since: Jan 08

Brooklyn, in Dayton OH now

#3 Aug 21, 2014
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Ted!! Good to see you posting again!! Sorry to see your home state going through this crap again though
Thanks TerryL, good to see you too. I won't be as prolific as a was a few years back. But I had to jump back in once the culture wars returned to Ohio. Already wrote my state representative and drafted several blog posts and letters to the editor. Hopefully sanity will reign once again.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#4 Aug 21, 2014
TedHOhio wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks TerryL, good to see you too. I won't be as prolific as a was a few years back. But I had to jump back in once the culture wars returned to Ohio. Already wrote my state representative and drafted several blog posts and letters to the editor. Hopefully sanity will reign once again.
I knew you would!

I don't post much at all anymore... but I do follow certain threads and read a lot! I will be on the lookout for your posts

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr OKTHEN 173,310
Beware of Kamikaze Snakes. They Are Evolving in... 2 hr Zog Has-fallen 59
What Motives Created Social Darwinism? 4 hr Zog Has-fallen 66
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 5 hr Chimney1 420
Darwinism: Science or Philosophy? 8 hr Zog Has-fallen 46
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 12 hr Chimney1 143,878
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 12 hr DanFromSmithville 178,688
More from around the web