Cogito, ergo sum . . . or should it b...

Cogito, ergo sum . . . or should it be Sum, ergo cogito.

Posted in the Evolution Debate Forum

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Bolton, MA

#1 Mar 16, 2013
Re-coordination Rumination

Rather, René should have recited,“Sum, ergo cogito”!!
For there is that which we term Sentience which subtends and transcends the existential and material-phenomenological of our selves (consciousness, cognitive content such as synthesized/stored information/sensation in the labyrinthine reticuli which interconnect the modules and domains of brain and its almost infinite connections with the body).

Sentience is “absolute”, undis- yet unprovable. Sentience is that which yogas seek by concentration and "harmommmmmmic" resonance of their organism with greater being. It is, too, the quest of the ascetic by negation of the self and substantive. It is the locus of life in a being? Or is it (too?) the focus of a quantum in life's ... field?
One can, by ritual or deprivation or isolation or sacred afflatus, minimize realities to grasp the sentience state. Or one can just close the eyes *, let retinal after-glows extinguish into total visual dark, expunge all thought and feeling, hearing, touch ......and there is sentience. One is aware of being.
Sentience needs not knowledge nor reference-domains. Sentience is, yes,“Sum”....“I am”....the intellectus purus.

Sentience, like incarnation's camera or monitor?
Or nucleus? Centricity? But not of dimension or vector. Various words can be employed to attempt description, to convey understanding. But perhaps the closest we can come to an appropriate term, no matter its “archaicism” and religious connotations, is .... SOUL ...

(No matter how complex or sophisticated the developments of IT or AI, the “soul of man’s total sum” is of a dimension (and domain) beyond such technology,...and even neuroscience).

*...or with eyes wide open to the substantive, material realm,(a spectrum of such vastness from the mundane to majestic), perhaps we most fully sense our beings as one-with-Being – and, of course, vice versa.
LowellGuy

Salem, MA

#2 Mar 16, 2013
Drugs are bad, mmkay?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min Patrick 43,354
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 20 min Patrick 18,652
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 40 min Orbit 205,262
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 46 min ChristineM 919
Questions about first life Sun Upright Scientist 18
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) Sun Dogen 151,492
Carbon and isotopic dating are a lie Sat One way or another 16
More from around the web