Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Washington Times

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Comments
5,801 - 5,820 of 6,103 Comments Last updated May 20, 2013

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
"Religious freedom" is used by the other side to keep it mentioned.:-)
Anti science is not unconstitutional.
50% of Americans believe that space aliens built the pyramids. The work of the History Channel ;-)
I'd like to know which orifice you pulled the "50% of Americans believe that space aliens built the pyramids" figure.

Regardless, the teaching of science -- IN SCIENCE CLASS, mind you -- is what we're trying to accomplish by instructing students in the Theory of Evolution.

Pushing "Intelligent Design" (i.e.: Creationism) in public school would be the exact same sort of pseudoscience that teaching these children that space aliens built the pyramids.
Nick Reseda

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

THIS IS A TRUE STORY! In 1974, Paradise Valley a suburb of Phoenix, Arizona. My sister and I had a UFO Experience. I was 7 years old and she was 9.
In the fall of 1974 my sister and I were walking to school, it was around 4:00am and completely dark outside. The reason why we were walking to school so early is because in 1974 Paradise Valley was brand new, our new school "Arrowhead" was still being built, so "Indian Bend" had Double Sessions to accommodate all the children. First session was 5am-11am.
We were walking to school and we saw a huge golden pyramid floating in front of Shadow Mountain, It was massive 300 feet tall and 300 feet wide at least. I don't have any memory of anything after that except a generic memory of going to school that day. I have an implant in my hand, a little black spot, under my skin, since that day. At the age of 7, that moment changed my life. I have been on a quest ever since to find out what that was. When you see the golden pyramid of The Illuminati, that would be the best way to describe the pyramid we saw. Here is a link to a documentary called "The UFO Experience", there is video of this exact same pyramid in the film.

https://sites.google.com/site/antonioracciano...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Nick Reseda wrote:
THIS IS A TRUE STORY! In 1974, Paradise Valley a suburb of Phoenix, Arizona. My sister and I had a UFO Experience. I was 7 years old and she was 9.
In the fall of 1974 my sister and I were walking to school, it was around 4:00am and completely dark outside. The reason why we were walking to school so early is because in 1974 Paradise Valley was brand new, our new school "Arrowhead" was still being built, so "Indian Bend" had Double Sessions to accommodate all the children. First session was 5am-11am.
We were walking to school and we saw a huge golden pyramid floating in front of Shadow Mountain, It was massive 300 feet tall and 300 feet wide at least. I don't have any memory of anything after that except a generic memory of going to school that day. I have an implant in my hand, a little black spot, under my skin, since that day. At the age of 7, that moment changed my life. I have been on a quest ever since to find out what that was. When you see the golden pyramid of The Illuminati, that would be the best way to describe the pyramid we saw. Here is a link to a documentary called "The UFO Experience", there is video of this exact same pyramid in the film.
https://sites.google.com/site/antonioracciano...
You shouldn't do drugs when hiking.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't do drugs when hiking.
Awwww! Come on! It's fun!

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Would you rather these people rape, or commit incest or adultery to fulfill their sexual urges? Where is it written Jesus forbade masturbation?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Never confused Topix with Harvard class in philosoph.
Variation of a quote by H L Mencken:
"a person who feels that someone, somehow, somewhere, believes in God and it is their mission in life to correct this situation.".
"Science is silent on the existence of God"
Respect is an illusion ;-)
You haven't confused Topix with Harvard class in philosoph, so?

You are an idiot!

Science is silent on the existence of Pinocchio, and on the existence of Spiderman, and there is reason for that. Science does not concern itself with the imaginary nor the nonexistent.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

susanblange wrote:
Would you rather these people rape, or commit incest or adultery to fulfill their sexual urges? Where is it written Jesus forbade masturbation?
Oh do tell, is that a mandatory, if you can't play wit yo wee-wee, are you going go stick it in your baby brother, or the lady down the street, or maybe your wife's daddy can be convinced to pull it for you?

If you can't control yourself with out a god telling you what to do, let me direct you to the hall of gods, you need more than one, and there are lot's available. And luckily for you they all have their own front men who will happily let you or your children pull their wee-wees while they are emptying your wallet
MyThoughts

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

u ppl r nuts!

“There are other issues.”

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Oh do tell, is that a mandatory, if you can't play wit yo wee-wee, are you going go stick it in your baby brother, or the lady down the street, or maybe your wife's daddy can be convinced to pull it for you?

If you can't control yourself with out a god telling you what to do, let me direct you to the hall of gods, you need more than one, and there are lot's available. And luckily for you they all have their own front men who will happily let you or your children pull their wee-wees while they are emptying your wallet
Wow! RP has really lost it! It must be old age.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! RP has really lost it! It must be old age.
Do you agree with the poster that I responded to, that should you, not be allowed by Jesus to touch yourself that you would become incestuous, a rapist and an adulterer? Could you not manage to control yourself? Is it your Jesus that keeps you from diddling your family members?

If so I suggest that you remove yourself from harms way, because even as resistant as you are to seeing the truth, someday, somehow a smidgeon of it, may break through the concrete cranial barrier that you have erected to protect your silly dogmatic mass of buybull lies from the light of truth. And we here in this forum, are the bringers of the light. Beware those ever growing rays of truth.

Your god will make you eat your children!

See^ maybe not this time, but it may someday break through.

www.arkansasonline.com/news/2008/mar/13/dad-p...

Tell me he had not just read Leviticus 26:29
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

<quoted text>You haven't confused Topix with Harvard class in philosoph, so?

Science is silent on the existence of Pinocchio, and on the existence of Spiderman, and there is reason for that. Science does not concern itself with the imaginary nor the nonexistent.
Is the existence of God science or philosophy?
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Do you agree with the poster that I responded to, that should you, not be allowed by Jesus to touch yourself that you would become incestuous, a rapist and an adulterer? Could you not manage to control yourself? Is it your Jesus that keeps you from diddling your family members?
If so I suggest that you remove yourself from harms way, because even as resistant as you are to seeing the truth, someday, somehow a smidgeon of it, may break through the concrete cranial barrier that you have erected to protect your silly dogmatic mass of buybull lies from the light of truth. And we here in this forum, are the bringers of the light. Beware those ever growing rays of truth.
Your god will make you eat your children!
See^ maybe not this time, but it may someday break through.
www.arkansasonline.com/news/2008/mar/13/dad-p...
Tell me he had not just read Leviticus 26:29
What a self-supporting azz you are!

(Sorry to butt in.)

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither, it's lie, it's make believe, it's myth, it's mind magic, it's a tool.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>What a self-supporting azz you are!
(Sorry to butt in.)
Yeah, imagine that! I am the source of my own income. LOL!

Keep working on it, who knows even you might get a clue as to what constitutes a valid insult.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Thus far it's nothing more than a scam, of course that only accounts for the gods proposed by humans.

Consider this, the life on this planet several billion years ago was so alien that even our myths could not come close to how different it was, how strange, how ... well ... alien to us. A species from another world would be even more alien, we might not even recognize it as life simply because of how different it would be. Now take that difference and multiply it by billions, trillions, quintillions even, unimaginable amount of difference to all life on this planet, basically, and then you might be close to what a "god" would be like. Do you honestly believe that any description of any proposed gods by any human alive thus far would even come close?

Look at the christian one, he's petty, ill tempered, jealous and even violently arrogant. These are human traits, archaic ones that we are trying to grow out of even. He also is suppose to look just like us, he thinks like us, he even has a gender and is male dominant. He is the mirror image of the archaic human being. Does that sound anything like what a being who is supposedly a "god" would be?
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Neither, it's lie, it's make believe, it's myth, it's mind magic, it's a tool.
Atheism is myth?

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is myth?
If that was meant to be a question, and you are pretending to give a damn as to what the answer might be(in spite of all previous evidence against such a outcome) then the answer is no. The gods are myth, theistic myths.

Atheism means without theism,as in being completely minus the thesitic bent and it is theism which is myth, so you can safely say that atheism is being without the "ism" of the theistic myths.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

<quoted text>If that was meant to be a question, and you are pretending to give a damn as to what the answer might be(in spite of all previous evidence against such a outcome) then the answer is no. The gods are myth, theistic myths.
Atheism means without theism,as in being completely minus the thesitic bent and it is theism which is myth, so you can safely say that atheism is being without the "ism" of the theistic myths.
How is "without theism" influencing politics in America?

See percentage figures of "without theism" rising in number ....nothing showing influence?

Peace

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
How is "without theism" influencing politics in America?
See percentage figures of "without theism" rising in number ....nothing showing influence?
Peace
If that is your question, I would suggest you research the data, to find your answer.

Your second grouping of words, fails at being either sentence, query or even a composed thought.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>If that is your question, I would suggest you research the data, to find your answer.
Your second grouping of words, fails at being either sentence, query or even a composed thought.
Any evidence of atheists entering politics?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••