Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 Full story: Washington Times 6,103

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Full Story

Level 7

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#5616 Jan 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Thor was an imaginary god in mythology.
Pharaoh was a man who posed as a god and Nebuchadnezzar was too.
So what? None of them were really gods they just pretended to be.
So, again we find ourselves at the Aura thinks Jesus is real standoff.

Claiming that one group is "false gods" automatically implies that there is a different group of "real gods".

Otherwise, there's no point drawing a distinction.

So, can you name any "real gods" apart from your precious Jesus? Or are we going to start the whole debate over again so that you can lose it for a 17th time?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#5617 Jan 15, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
So, again we find ourselves at the Aura thinks Jesus is real standoff.
Claiming that one group is "false gods" automatically implies that there is a different group of "real gods".
Otherwise, there's no point drawing a distinction.
So, can you name any "real gods" apart from your precious Jesus? Or are we going to start the whole debate over again so that you can lose it for a 17th time?
You idiot , Jesus is as imaginary as Zeus. Unless you can show me some tangible evidence he actually existed and had powers, because the evidence for either is sorely lacking. There has never been any god that wasn't a fabrication in some way. If Jesus existed he was in the same boat with pharaoh , which is possible. That would have made him another Imperial Cult Leader.

Level 7

Valley Village, CA

#5618 Jan 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You idiot , Jesus is as imaginary as Zeus.
And previously you stated that Zeus was a god. Not a fake god. A god.

Therefore you are now stating that Jesus was a god.

So, why is it that you differentiate between Ramses as a "fake" god and Jesus and Zeus as "real" gods?

Level 8

Location hidden

#5619 Jan 15, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
And previously you stated that Zeus was a god. Not a fake god. A god.
Therefore you are now stating that Jesus was a god.
So, why is it that you differentiate between Ramses as a "fake" god and Jesus and Zeus as "real" gods?

You'll be a real boy one day Pinocchio.

That isn't what I wrote.
Keep paddling though , you might make it out your own puddle.

Level 7

Valley Village, CA

#5620 Jan 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
That isn't what I wrote.
It is, but given your strict adherence to lies and hypocrisy, I don't see much point to continuing to play the "did too" "did not" game.

You've changed you position so many times, there's nothing you can post that it's a contradiction of something you've already said.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#5621 Jan 15, 2013
...yawn...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5622 Jan 16, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll be a real boy one day Pinocchio.
Well said Aura, well said. Interestingly enough I haven't called Nuggin a YEC, though he was quick to call you one when he lost his first argument against you (the first of many)

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#5623 Jan 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Cmoletely wrong an deliberate lie. God doesn't even figure in e equation, because no serious scientists sets up experiments to determine god - something already proven to be impossible by its own definition.
Then, can you explain the goal of creating life from inert matter or the faith in the existence of extraterrestrial life? Don't you want to use science to subvert belief in God by trying to prove life on Earth isn't unique and the creation of life is a lab procedure?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#5624 Jan 16, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Incorrect , the goal of science is to discover truth . So we will have understanding and can explain phenomena. If enlightenment destroys your mythology then your enemy is knowledge.
I understood your previous post said the goal of science is to "know for certain how life started". Do you mean to create life from non-life in the lab?

Most religious people I know understand the difference between faith and science. They understand religion explains good and bad, also science describes the physical world and how it works. No scientific discovery would threaten religious faith.

Level 8

Location hidden

#5625 Jan 16, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I understood your previous post said the goal of science is to "know for certain how life started". Do you mean to create life from non-life in the lab?
Most religious people I know understand the difference between faith and science. They understand religion explains good and bad, also science describes the physical world and how it works. No scientific discovery would threaten religious faith.

I never implied a singular goal such as,
"know for certain how life started" though that is one of many.
You think there is some sort of secular science, there is no such thing. There also no such thing as a theistic science either, that would be biased and science is not biased. Science is after the truth remember? Eventually we will create life , and have in a few instances already. But there is no clear definitions on what would work to do it over and over.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#5626 Jan 16, 2013
We might have been seeded with life from one common sorce.

This argument could be a subject of iterest all over the universe.

If a race of advanced aliens landed today,the first thing they might say is where is God?

Level 7

Valley Village, CA

#5627 Jan 16, 2013
Jumper wrote:
We might have been seeded with life from one common sorce.
This argument could be a subject of iterest all over the universe.
If a race of advanced aliens landed today,the first thing they might say is where is God?
The idea of life being seeded across the Universe as a means of escaping evolutionary claims is invalid.

First, the "seed" life would still have to evolve once here.
Second, that "seed" life would have had to have evolved itself in the first place.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#5628 Jan 16, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea of life being seeded across the Universe as a means of escaping evolutionary claims is invalid.
First, the "seed" life would still have to evolve once here.
Second, that "seed" life would have had to have evolved itself in the first place.
Now you're just spliting hairs.

Level 7

Valley Village, CA

#5629 Jan 16, 2013
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Now you're just spliting hairs.
Hardly.

I've heard this claim a number of times:

"Life on Earth is too complex to have evolved naturally. It must have been put here by an advanced intelligence."

...which would itself have to be complex, in fact it would have to be MORE complex than the simplest lifeforms on Earth. Therefore THAT life would itself be too complex to have evolved naturally and must have been placed there by an EVEN more advanced intelligence.

...which would also be too complex to have evolved, so it must have come from an EVEN MORE advanced intelligence.

Each step takes us further away from "simple enough to have evolved".

It's not just infinite regression, it's exponentially infinite regression.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#5630 Jan 16, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly.
I've heard this claim a number of times:
"Life on Earth is too complex to have evolved naturally. It must have been put here by an advanced intelligence."
...which would itself have to be complex, in fact it would have to be MORE complex than the simplest lifeforms on Earth. Therefore THAT life would itself be too complex to have evolved naturally and must have been placed there by an EVEN more advanced intelligence.
...which would also be too complex to have evolved, so it must have come from an EVEN MORE advanced intelligence.
Each step takes us further away from "simple enough to have evolved".
It's not just infinite regression, it's exponentially infinite regression.
Something out of nothing is too strange to deal with.
Reminds me of Obama Care.

Level 8

Location hidden

#5631 Jan 16, 2013
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Something out of nothing is too strange to deal with.
Where did the universe come from?

A- Magical sky fairy

So it takes a magical sky fairy who came from out of nothing to create something out of nothing?

Brilliant you just made 1 problem into 2 problems.

Where did magical sky fairy come from?
How do magical sky fairies create stuff out of nothing?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#5632 Jan 16, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Then, can you explain the goal of creating life from inert matter or the faith in the existence of extraterrestrial life? Don't you want to use science to subvert belief in God by trying to prove life on Earth isn't unique and the creation of life is a lab procedure?
You really are pissed off that when we search more, we find it less likely that your god is real.

We can create life from inert matter, we're searching for a way it could have happened in natural circumstances. How many times must this be explained to you? I suspect it won't matter, that you don't care about facts, that you fear being wrong more than you want to be correct.

No "faith" needed for extraterrestrial life, based on probability alone there is some, somewhere. We have seen traces of the correct chemical components in asteroids too. Yes, this means that the god you chose is not really there, doesn't mean that no god exists, just that yours doesn't. Get over it, adapt, find a new god.

Level 7

Valley Village, CA

#5633 Jan 16, 2013
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Something out of nothing is too strange to deal with.
This is the problem with dealing with Conservatives. You guys have no interest in knowing what you are talking about.

Tell me, what SPECIFICALLY is your problem with Obama care?
Can you?

You can't.

I can. Your problem with Obamacare is that Fox told you you don't like Obamacare.

Think for yourself.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#5634 Jan 16, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the problem with dealing with Conservatives. You guys have no interest in knowing what you are talking about.
Tell me, what SPECIFICALLY is your problem with Obama care?
Can you?
You can't.
I can. Your problem with Obamacare is that Fox told you you don't like Obamacare.
Think for yourself.
There you go spliting hairs again.

Before I answer that question,What do you belive I would say?

Level 7

Valley Village, CA

#5635 Jan 17, 2013
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>There you go spliting hairs again.
Before I answer that question,What do you belive I would say?
I don't think you understand the term you are using.

It's not "splitting hairs" for me to ask you what your specific object is to Obamacare.

As for your "what do you believe I would say", I'll answer with this: Nothing.

You literally don't know why you object to Obamacare. You've been told you don't like it, and that's enough for you.

Oh, you'll dig for an objection. You'll find something on a website. Odds are it will be something that isn't part of Obamacare. "Death panels"? Sound familiar?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 4 min Charles Idemi 683
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min Chilli J 134,012
How would creationists explain... 2 hr Dogen 435
Science News (Sep '13) Wed positronium 2,944
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) Dec 22 Chimney1 13,624
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Dec 20 nobody 7
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) Dec 19 Zach 4
More from around the web