Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Washington Times

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Comments
5,261 - 5,280 of 6,103 Comments Last updated May 20, 2013

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you should have no problem disproving it then. Don't forget to describe in detail the scientific experiment you performed that falsified it. Me though I maintain that the concept is non-falsifiable and therefore is simply non-scientific.
<quoted text>
Not personally.
<quoted text>
Uhuh.
<quoted text>
Probably because the priesthood gave themselves the power to behead any and all percieved heretics.

No it was because the people got tired of them pretending they were better than them. If you remember history classes in school it was the peasants that had serious grievances with starving while the upper classes had everything.

Level 7

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Alexander had no religion, he took their religion and applied it to him.
According to the argument you've been trying to make, that's impossible.

In order to do that, Alexander would have to be able to recognize that a religion exists. You can't do that without acknowledging that the religion centers around a deity.

According to your argument, nothing can be labelled a deity by anyone outside of the specific religion.

If you aren't Christian, you have no idea what the Christians worship. If you aren't Hindu, no idea what the Hindus worship.

That is the central premise of your argument.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL.
You have GOT to be kidding me.
What are you, 12? Were you just completely unaware of what the White House was saying during the run up to the war?
You think they sold the RED STATES on sending their children to war to protect the UN's right to go into a country and inspect it?
LOL. Seriously. Get a grip
That's exactly the reason, at that point im not sure Saddam could have done anything to stop invasion , but him expelling those inspectors and denying them access to certain areas brought the legal invasion and occupation
by military force set out by the UN , though Bush did jump the gun a little your claim is wrong . They had the premise he had WMDs but the invasion was for non compliance , They did however find WMDs though not what or the amount they thought they would.

That's because the Russians help them evacuate them to Syria and those stockpiles are there now, and were taken by rebels in the revolution there. NO bull shit.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to do that, Alexander would have to be able to recognize that a religion exists. You can't do that without acknowledging that the religion centers around a deity.
According to your argument, nothing can be labelled a deity by anyone outside of the specific religion.
If you aren't Christian, you have no idea what the Christians worship. If you aren't Hindu, no idea what the Hindus worship.
He made himself part or it dumb ass , you are a part if you want to be ,
but you cannot now because it doesn't exist.
I suppose you could go there and revive it and claim divinity the same way he did.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
So then, if you aren't a physicist you have no idea what physics says.

If you are not a chef you have no idea how to cook.

if you are not a Poker player you have no idea what the king of spades is.

It you are not a writer you have no idea what words mean.
FULL MONTY

Morrow, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

last night on the series premier of the Bachelor he was confronted with large round and sometimes pointed or mound shaped objects. They seemed to glide across the terrain with little or no resistance from outside forces. These seemingly beautiful UFO's unidentified full objects glowed in the low light conditions of the area....

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

FULL MONTY wrote:
last night on the series premier of the Bachelor he was confronted with large round and sometimes pointed or mound shaped objects. They seemed to glide across the terrain with little or no resistance from outside forces. These seemingly beautiful UFO's unidentified full objects glowed in the low light conditions of the area....
Boobs?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

FULL MONTY wrote:
That's what UFO means, unidentified flying object.

Oh wait, you think that because you can't identify them, they're aliens? Yep, you swallowed the whole bait shop.
FULL MONTY

Morrow, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what UFO means, unidentified flying object.
Oh wait, you think that because you can't identify them, they're aliens? Yep, you swallowed the whole bait shop.
I think you missed the satire here...its boobs.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

FULL MONTY wrote:
<quoted text> I think you missed the satire here...its boobs.
I win! I win!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

FULL MONTY wrote:
<quoted text> I think you missed the satire here...its boobs.
I do often miss jokes. ;)

Level 7

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> That's exactly the reason, at that point im not sure Saddam could have done anything to stop invasion , but him expelling those inspectors and denying them access to certain areas brought the legal invasion and occupation
by military force set out by the UN , though Bush did jump the gun a little your claim is wrong . They had the premise he had WMDs but the invasion was for non compliance , They did however find WMDs though not what or the amount they thought they would.
That's because the Russians help them evacuate them to Syria and those stockpiles are there now, and were taken by rebels in the revolution there. NO bull shit.
You are mistaking the "paper" reason for invasion with the "convincing the public to allow this to happen" reason for invasion.

We could go to war with Israel today over their failure to adhere to the UN. However, in order to have a war, you need the general support of the population and there's NO F'ING WAY the American people would get behind starting a new war over something the UN wants.

President Cheney and Assistant President Bush told the Congress and the American people that Saddam was behind 9/11 and was planning more attacks with WMD that he didn't actually have. In fact, he didn't even have the capacity to make.

As for WMD in Syria, the only ones who have it are the government forces who are producing it at factories they own.

Are you suggesting that Russia teleported a factory? While no one was looking?

Level 7

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then, if you aren't a physicist you have no idea what physics says.
If you are not a chef you have no idea how to cook.
if you are not a Poker player you have no idea what the king of spades is.
It you are not a writer you have no idea what words mean.
That's a fairly good summation of Aura's argument.
I personally think it's foolish.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is what they are saying, then I agree, it is foolish.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mistaking the "paper" reason for invasion with the "convincing the public to allow this to happen" reason for invasion.
We could go to war with Israel today over their failure to adhere to the UN. However, in order to have a war, you need the general support of the population and there's NO F'ING WAY the American people would get behind starting a new war over something the UN wants.
President Cheney and Assistant President Bush told the Congress and the American people that Saddam was behind 9/11 and was planning more attacks with WMD that he didn't actually have. In fact, he didn't even have the capacity to make.
As for WMD in Syria, the only ones who have it are the government forces who are producing it at factories they own.
Are you suggesting that Russia teleported a factory? While no one was looking?
Bullshit they told congress they were sure there were WMDs , but that was to get money not the ok . The ok was already set with UN resolutions. The only thing Bush did was go in a little early as the UN inspectors asked for more time to go back and check. Bush used Rumsfield testimony that he was sure Saddam had WMDs to get money to finance a sustained ground invasion. But the fact remains Saddam was given a deadline he did not meet.

Under Resolution 1441, the U.S., the U.K., and Spain submit a proposed resolution to the UN Security Council stating that Iraq has not cooperated sufficiently with inspectors, and military force is now required. France, Germany, and Russia do not agree with the resolution for war and request a more intense inspection process to avert a war with Iraq.
March 1
Iraq cooperates with inspectors Iraq Iraq begins to destroy its Al Samoud 2 missiles.
March 12
City council resolution New York, N.Y. New York City passes a city council resolution opposing a war against Iraq, joining more than 150 other U.S. cities. Councilman Alan Gerson states, "We, of all cities, must uphold the preciousness and sanctity of human life."
February 24 - March 14
UNSC antiwar U.S./U.K. The United States and Great Britain's intense lobbying efforts among UN Security Council (UNSC) members yields support only from Spain and Bulgaria. With little support for war, the U.S. decides not to call for a vote on war with Iraq.
March 17
UN unresolved/Bush gives ultimatum New York City, N.Y. Diplomacy for Iraq has ended, and weapons inspectors quickly evacuate. President Bush warns Saddam and his sons to leave Iraq or else war is coming.

Invasion begins.

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h3728.html

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
That has nothing to do with anything I wrote nougat.

Level 7

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Bullshit they told congress they were sure there were WMDs , but that was to get money not the ok . The ok was already set with UN resolutions. The only thing Bush did was go in a little early as the UN inspectors asked for more time to go back and check. Bush used Rumsfield testimony that he was sure Saddam had WMDs to get money to finance a sustained ground invasion. But the fact remains Saddam was given a deadline he did not meet.
So, your excuse is that Bush invaded to get the WMD that he knew Saddam didn't have and did it before the inspectors could go back to confirm that Saddam didn't have them.

Brilliant. What a tremendously legal justification.

The SOLE source of info suggesting Saddam had WMD was an Iranian double agent codenamed "Curveball".

Gee, why would the Iranians after years of war with Iraq want to convince the Americans who they are also unhappy with to invade Iraq thus tying up US troops and preventing Bush's planned Iran invasion?

Level 7

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> That has nothing to do with anything I wrote nougat.
You continue to claim that it is impossible for a scientist who is not a member of a particular religion to evaluate that religion and point out the god.

You've repeated stated that ONLY someone from Egypt can identify the Pharaoh as a god and that anyone outside of Egypt (aka an Egyptologist living in London) would be incapable of doing so unless he likewise worshiped the same religion.

That's just foolish.

Kitty extended that to other sciences to demonstrate how foolish it is

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to claim that it is impossible for a scientist who is not a member of a particular religion to evaluate that religion and point out the god.
You've repeated stated that ONLY someone from Egypt can identify the Pharaoh as a god and that anyone outside of Egypt (aka an Egyptologist living in London) would be incapable of doing so unless he likewise worshiped the same religion.
That's just foolish.
Kitty extended that to other sciences to demonstrate how foolish it is
LOL you're a nut! No nugget nobody is going to recognize pharaoh as a god unless they are in his cult. They might say oh the Egyptians think Phatfart is a god, but they don't believe in him.
They said Phatfart is a king with a control complex. Scientists say Phatfart was a god in his cult or merry Phatfart worshipers.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••