Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Washington Times

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Comments
4,741 - 4,760 of 6,103 Comments Last updated May 20, 2013

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, do you not see the contradiction in you post.
Proving something would mean that there is ZERO possibility of something else.
By admitting that there is a "very slim possibility" you are admitting that it is not "proven".
You are so eager to argue against me, you are taking up positions you don't believe and can't even articulate without conceding that I am correct.
It would be funny if it wasn't so very very sad.
Even the best scientific evidence is not absolute, it would not be falsifiable if it were. There is never zero possibility you were mistaken, but being 99% is back breaking slam dunk evidence.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

DNA tests show the the probability of being the father. 1, in 13 billion is pretty concrete.
1 in 10,000 though strong is not.
But there is never a absolute figure, except from Maury.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

1 in 13 billion is proof.

Level 7

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Even the best scientific evidence is not absolute, it would not be falsifiable if it were. There is never zero possibility you were mistaken, but being 99% is back breaking slam dunk evidence.
So, you are saying you were wrong but you still want me to pretend you were right. LOL.

The fact remains this: Science can disprove a hypothesis. It can find evidence in support of a hypothesis. It can repeatedly find evidence in support of a hypothesis to the point where it seems all avenues of future inquiry are exhausted.

However, science can NOT prove something.

Which is what I was saying when you claimed they could.

You were so eager to disagree, you jumped in on the wrong side of the debate. AGAIN.

That keeps happening to you.

Try this: See my position. Take my position. Otherwise, you're just going to keep being wrong.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
... Occasionally you can be right, but this usually coincides with you agreeing with me.
Right there, you betrayed your simple minded desire to just be right, even if you're completely wrong. You have no care of facts or even evidence, you only care about being right. So much that you will ignore when you are wrong and stomp your feet like a toddler, then toss out insults to anyone who corrects you, while still insisting you are correct and repeating the incorrect information. That is either autism, or simple blind stubbornness, though it could also be a lack of self esteem by being unable to handle admitting you need to learn something.

I cannot help you, I am not certified, but there are a lot of people who can. Call your local mental health facility, preferably before you become a total waste of flesh.

Level 7

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
1 in 13 billion is proof.
No. 1 in 13 Billion is not proof. It's extremely likely, but not proof.

Proof is for math and philosophy, not science.

If you can't understand that basic principle of the field, you shouldn't be on the forums.

Level 7

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>GD you are such a manipulative pussy.You want god to be real so bad you construct these straw man arguments trying to make it possible.
It doesn't work.
Don't use terms you don't understand, it makes you look foolish.

The arguments I'm presenting are not straw man arguments. They are MY arguments which have remained UNCHANGED and UNBEATEN for nearly a year now.

You are the one trying to argue against them.

Once again:
1) The dictionary contains definitions of words so that we can understand their meaning.
2) If something fits the definition of the word, then the word applies.
3) The definition I've been using for "god" includes the word "believe".
4) Therefore "belief" is a criteria for determining if something is a "god".

That's simply how words and definitions work.

If the definition for "cow" includes the word "mammal", then "mammal" is a criteria for "cow".

If the definition of "rainbow" includes the word "color", then "color" is a criteria for "rainbow".

It's EXTREMELY simple, basic English stuff and you can't grasp it. After a YEAR.

What's wrong with you?

Level 7

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Right there, you betrayed your simple minded desire to just be right, even if you're completely wrong. You have no care of facts or even evidence, you only care about being right. So much that you will ignore when you are wrong and stomp your feet like a toddler, then toss out insults to anyone who corrects you, while still insisting you are correct and repeating the incorrect information. That is either autism, or simple blind stubbornness, though it could also be a lack of self esteem by being unable to handle admitting you need to learn something.
I cannot help you, I am not certified, but there are a lot of people who can. Call your local mental health facility, preferably before you become a total waste of flesh.
All of this bitchy little rant would be interesting if you weren't approaching it from the absolutely wrong side of this debate.

Instead, you are standing there with your pants around you ankles accusing me of being naked.

I'm not "right" in this argument because of some need to be "right". I'm right because I'm actually 100% correct.

You aren't "wrong" because I need to be right. You are wrong because you're a f*$king idiot who didn't bother to go look up what he/she/it was saying before continuing to debate.

Once again:
Science does not PROVE things. It DISPROVES things. It is _impossible_ to PROVE something 100%. There is ALWAYS the possibility for an alternative unknown cause which you have not yet detected. That possibility may be vanishingly small in some cases but it is _never__ever_ zero.

That's a FUNDAMENTAL pillar of the philosophy of science and has been for a VERY long time.

The fact that you don't know this is astonishing.
The fact that you would choose to stand there and bitch at me when you are so obviously wrong is hilarious.

Go get a 5th grade "intro to science" textbook and look it up.

Then, slink back here with your tail between your legs. Apologize for being uppity. Admit you were wrong. Then apologize for accusing me of doing EXACTLY what you are doing.

Then change your profile picture for all our sake.
Then leave Topix and never come back.

You have been beaten utterly and completely.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been beaten utterly and completely.
Okay ... that's a lot of words for you to type in order to say I was right.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are saying you were wrong but you still want me to pretend you were right. LOL.
The fact remains this: Science can disprove a hypothesis. It can find evidence in support of a hypothesis. It can repeatedly find evidence in support of a hypothesis to the point where it seems all avenues of future inquiry are exhausted.
However, science can NOT prove something.
Which is what I was saying when you claimed they could.
You were so eager to disagree, you jumped in on the wrong side of the debate. AGAIN.
That keeps happening to you.
Try this: See my position. Take my position. Otherwise, you're just going to keep being wrong.
I'm not pretending anything , including that your pseudo god is real in your mind.

1 in 13 billion is scientific proof no other man ever encountered by the female could possibly by numerical odds be the father of the child. Science proves things to a degree of near certainty by showing the probability of any other is near impossible.

You can't escape that. Just as science proves that gravity is a universal force that can be calculated by the mass of a body.
This was refined by Einstein but as valid as the Science that proves the Earth spins and is falling toward the sun.
Science proves lighter than air objects can float.
There is a very long list of scientific proofs.
Actually many people have the idea of theory wrong , a reining theory is proof until proven false.

By a convergence of evidence it is proof beyond reasonable doubt.
You may want to look into it , it's the simple truth.
Science also proves that no heartbeat no respiration and no brain activity is death and leads to decomposition. Your DNA at the crime scene proves you were there , despite your denial.
Do you think you can overturn this scientific proof?

“There is no such thing”

Level 3

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not pretending anything , including that your pseudo god is real in your mind.
1 in 13 billion is scientific proof no other man ever encountered by the female could possibly by numerical odds be the father of the child. Science proves things to a degree of near certainty by showing the probability of any other is near impossible.
You can't escape that. Just as science proves that gravity is a universal force that can be calculated by the mass of a body.
This was refined by Einstein but as valid as the Science that proves the Earth spins and is falling toward the sun.
Science proves lighter than air objects can float.
There is a very long list of scientific proofs.
Actually many people have the idea of theory wrong , a reining theory is proof until proven false.
By a convergence of evidence it is proof beyond reasonable doubt.
You may want to look into it , it's the simple truth.
Science also proves that no heartbeat no respiration and no brain activity is death and leads to decomposition. Your DNA at the crime scene proves you were there , despite your denial.
Do you think you can overturn this scientific proof?
DNA at a crime scene does Not prove that they were there. It shows that they were most likely there but there remains the possibility that their DNA arrived to that area by some other means.

“There is no such thing”

Level 3

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody claims that bigfoot is supernatural, you idiot.
Bigfoot isn't supernatural? What if he levitates like Chris Angel? Everyone knows that guy is supernatural .

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Bigfoot isn't supernatural? What if he levitates like Chris Angel? Everyone knows that guy is supernatural .
It's magic! He's a witch! Burn him like they use to!

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Bigfoot isn't supernatural? What if he levitates like Chris Angel? Everyone knows that guy is supernatural .
Chris Angel is an illusionist , that means he tricks you.
There is no supernatural in his acts or tricks , only illusion.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>DNA at a crime scene does Not prove that they were there. It shows that they were most likely there but there remains the possibility that their DNA arrived to that area by some other means.

Sure , in this entirely hypothetical situation anything is possible.
But you know well as I DNA evidence , at the scene of the crime has proven and established the fact the person in question was there
in many many crime investigations.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the christians on here actually think he's using "real magic" or some such thing. It's ... funny.

“There is no such thing”

Level 3

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Another display of an inability to use abstract thought. Concrete thinkers don't get sarcasm.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Another display of an inability to use abstract thought. Concrete thinkers don't get sarcasm.
Sure I get sarcasm , but in topix like as written above some actually think Angel has powers and believe in the supernatural.
I can only deduce from your typed words , which in this case has no hint of sarcasm not being ridiculous enough , or contain a hint such as :):/ or lol even.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I get sarcasm , but in topix like as written above some actually think Angel has powers and believe in the supernatural.
I can only deduce from your typed words , which in this case has no hint of sarcasm not being ridiculous enough , or contain a hint such as :):/ or lol even.
I've never heard of anybody who thinks Chris is anything but a carny type entertainer, all smoke and mirrors type tricks. I'm sure anybody on topix who says they believe he has "powers" are just Poe dingles.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I've never heard of anybody who thinks Chris is anything but a carny type entertainer, all smoke and mirrors type tricks. I'm sure anybody on topix who says they believe he has "powers" are just Poe dingles.
I think it was either Eagle or Urban, uncertain now as my memory sucks and I'm too lazy to seek it out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••