Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Washington Times

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Comments (Page 207)

Showing posts 4,121 - 4,140 of6,103
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, EVERYONE says so.
If he is a part of a religion which worships Xenu (an alien) and believes Xenu has supernatural powers and requires worship, then Xenu is a god.
Why? Because there are people who worship him and believe he has supernatural powers. Those are the only two requirements.
Actually existence? NOT a requirement for godhood.
That only works on you Xenu believers.
So how long have you been worshiping this Xenu ?
How many of you Xenu fruit loops are there ?
Claiming supernatural is not a curtain you can hide behind.

Level 7

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>That would be the same supernatural something that was all over the place, in buybull times, a smiting everybody, making sure everybody knew it t'was him doing the smiting? Right, but let man make a camera and crawl out of the desert and the god evaporates into nothingness. He goes all supernatural, when the book gets published, now didn't he? LOL! No wonder the god-kid tells you loons to take your gimme whining to the closet. Prove your silly god, move me a mountain!
BTW, did I miss that godly ability to avoid being detected in the buybull? Hell I don't even remember a scripture that claimed he was in hiding. It's because of the iron chariots isn't it? He has to hide, they are everywhere now.
This is why it's advisable for you to actually read the other posts before jumping into a discussion.

You've completely missed the point.

This is not "my" God. I'm not defending the bible or Christianity as anything but mythology and a power grab by men who are afraid of women having sex with other men.

However, Skippy has spent 6 months berating everyone, claiming that he can DISPROVE "God" _scientifically_.

This demonstrates a GROSS misunderstanding of science.

Science can not prove nor disprove anything which relates to the "supernatural" because science deals only with the _NATURAL_.

Does the "supernatural" exist? I sincerely doubt it. However, I would never claim to be able to _scientifically_ prove or disprove otherwise.

When you abandon the very rules of science in order to try and advance science over mythology, you are replacing science WITH mythology.

Let the religious have they myths. Keep them away from our science. Stop pretending science does things it doesn't do.

The REASON science has been winning this war for HUNDREDS of years is because it sticks to what it does well and doesn't try and do what it can't.

Level 7

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullsh*t, there's an entire forum thread dedicated to your stupidity here:, called the Nuggin Logic Thread:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
It outlines your stupidity and lies in great detail, along with the dude.
Neither of you uneducated morons knew what the burden of proof was.
Neither of you could even provide a meaningful definition of god.
Yet here you idiots are, talking and talking as though sheer quantity of rambling unscientific bullsh*t is going to overshadow the poor quality of your "arguments"..
Yeah, an entire thread you started based on your inability to formulate an argument. AND, if you actually READ that thread, you'll see it's full of people who came to the conclusion that YOU were wrong.

Oh wait, THAT would require YOU READ the thread. LOL. We all know THAT'S not going to happen.

Level 7

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
This is coming from the retard who accused me of denying the moon landings and called several atheist posters here YECs when he lost his arguments against science.
If you can't beat them, label them...
Skippy, you DID Deny the moon landings. MULTIPLE times. Page 4 of THIS thread.

You also claimed that Lizards are imaginary.
That Egypt never existed.
And _most recently_ that c-14 dating is fake.

It's ALL on this thread. Continuing to deny it doesn't make your idiocy go away.

Level 7

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Another uneducated know it all godbot who thinks they know about science.
Ok, Dick. I'm calling you out.

I've done a number of VERY detailed posts about how we know that C-14 is accurate and how we can check it against other known dating methods to confirm its accuracy.

I have a degree in Anthropology.

You are jumping into the middle of a debate on "Skeptic"'s side. Skeptic believes that C-14 dating is fake.

So, go on. Show me HOW you know that c-14 dating is fake. Explain to me why THOUSANDS of independent scientists from DOZENS of different fields in a hundred plus countries would ALL collaborate to falsify C-14 dating and the VARIOUS methods I outlined which confirm it.

Please. Enlighten us.

Why would a Navajo dendrochronologist and a Swedish ice core expert both conspire with a Chinese geologist and a Hindi botanist to falsify C-14 dating WORLDWIDE?

This I gotta hear.

Spin your conspiracy.

Level 7

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
That only works on you Xenu believers.
So how long have you been worshiping this Xenu ?
How many of you Xenu fruit loops are there ?
Claiming supernatural is not a curtain you can hide behind.
First, I am not a Scientologist.
I don't know how many there are, but I'm sure you can check with their website to find out.

There's no "curtain" and no one is hiding.

As a follower of various sciences including ethnography, anthropology, archaeology, sociology, etc. I can evaluate a culture and decipher the various components within that culture.

One of those components is religion and the hallmarks of religion are easily labelled.

You have been arguing for MONTHS now that it is IMPOSSIBLE to label parts of a religion.

You seem to believe that an outside is incapable of determining if something is a "set of rules" or if someone is a "follower" or if an idol is a "god".

This strongly hints at your lack of education and overall ethnocentrism.

I can't fix that. Educate yourself.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
Bullsh*t, there's an entire forum thread dedicated to your stupidity here:, called the Nuggin Logic Thread:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
It outlines your stupidity and lies in great detail, along with the dude.
Neither of you uneducated morons knew what the burden of proof was.
Projection.
-Skeptic- wrote:
Neither of you could even provide a meaningful definition of god.
And I never claimed to have one.
-Skeptic- wrote:
Yet here you idiots are, talking and talking as though sheer quantity of rambling unscientific bullsh*t is going to overshadow the poor quality of your "arguments"..
... while in the meantime you are AVOIDING addressing them.

Have done for what, a year or so now?

Keep skipping, Skippy.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Please refer to this thread: http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
And subsequently shut the f*ck up your lying troll pr*ck.
Thanks.
And please refer to this thread for yet another demonstration of Skippy lying. Again.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TKN...

Keep skipping, Skippy.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
F*ck off dude, you don't know what the burden of proof is and all the evidence of your and Nuggin's stupidity is here for all to see.
You can try and hide your stupidity but it will pop up again and again...
Yes, very well done. A fine example of using profanity to avoid actually engaging someone's arguments and deconstructing them in an objective rational manner.

Keep skipping, Skippy.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
This is coming from the retard who accused me of denying the moon landings and called several atheist posters here YECs when he lost his arguments against science.
If you can't beat them, label them...
And that's what you're doing. Labelling us instead of dealing with the arguments.

Keep skipping, Skippy.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Nuggin is a dishonest pr*ck who couldn't argue his way out of a paper bag.
Projection.

Keep skipping, Skip.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Level 1

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, Dick. I'm calling you out.
I've done a number of VERY detailed posts about how we know that C-14 is accurate and how we can check it against other known dating methods to confirm its accuracy.
I have a degree in Anthropology.
You are jumping into the middle of a debate on "Skeptic"'s side. Skeptic believes that C-14 dating is fake.
So, go on. Show me HOW you know that c-14 dating is fake. Explain to me why THOUSANDS of independent scientists from DOZENS of different fields in a hundred plus countries would ALL collaborate to falsify C-14 dating and the VARIOUS methods I outlined which confirm it.
Please. Enlighten us.
Why would a Navajo dendrochronologist and a Swedish ice core expert both conspire with a Chinese geologist and a Hindi botanist to falsify C-14 dating WORLDWIDE?
This I gotta hear.
Spin your conspiracy.
So there is NO misunderstanding C14 dating is accurate, tree rings and ice cores are not.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I am not a Scientologist.
I don't know how many there are, but I'm sure you can check with their website to find out.
There's no "curtain" and no one is hiding.
As a follower of various sciences including ethnography, anthropology, archaeology, sociology, etc. I can evaluate a culture and decipher the various components within that culture.
One of those components is religion and the hallmarks of religion are easily labelled.
You have been arguing for MONTHS now that it is IMPOSSIBLE to label parts of a religion.
You seem to believe that an outside is incapable of determining if something is a "set of rules" or if someone is a "follower" or if an idol is a "god".
This strongly hints at your lack of education and overall ethnocentrism.
I can't fix that. Educate yourself.
I understand the jockstrap worshipers call the jockstrap god.

I also understand you tried to pull the supernatural is beyond science bs card. Go ahead and label your jockstrap supernatural,
we will respond by looking at you funny and thinking you are out your gourd. You want to believe I lack education when you try to run cat shit as a gold mining operation.

Here you are....

"One of the few criteria I've listed is: "Supernatural powers", this renders any scientific testing irrelevant, as the "supernatural powers" could prevent any such testing from being done accurately.

Can't "disprove" something which has infinite power to avoid detection."

Smells like pure cat shit to me, go ahead and demonstrate your supernatural powers. Try that on cat turd nugget.

“There are other issues.”

Level 1

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. Nuggin is a dishonest pr*ck who couldn't argue his way out of a paper bag.
Projection! You are not very honest either. You make up things about people who are theists and claim them to be true. You even told me that theists shouldn't have any rights. You go straight into being a dictator. If I used Hitler, you fit him and his tactics perfectly. Why would you say things like that. You have too much hatred in that little charcoaled heart if yours.

Level 7

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
So there is NO misunderstanding C14 dating is accurate, tree rings and ice cores are not.
That is an OUTLANDISH claim.

C-14 has an error bar. A +/-

You find a structure in New Mexico and it has wooden beams in it, you can date those beams to 3,250 years ago +/- 25 years.

However, if you take a core out of that beam, you can have a dendrochronologist tell you EXACTLY what year that tree stopped growing.

Now, you can argue that the support beam may have been reused or taken from a tree that died years earlier etc. However, those arguments apply equally to the C-14 date of that same support beam.

So, given a choice between C-14 and dendrochronology in New Mexico. DC is gonna win every time.

C-14's main advantage is that you can date a bone or a lump of charcoal etc. DC only works for trees and only in areas where the ring timeline has been well established.

However, ALL of this is irrelevant because you jumped in to defend Skippy's position that C-14 dating is fake.

So, let's see your evidence.
OR - how about you apologize for f#(king up and go away.

Level 7

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand the jockstrap worshipers call the jockstrap god.
And anthropologists and ethnographers and theologists and anyone else who is studying the culture of that group.

The would say: "Here is this religion 'Jockstrapity', worshipers do X, Y, Z. They are lead by a Head Jock titled Wally. They worship a god called "Jockstrap" who has these characteristics: blah, blah, blah".

The fact that you can't understand how that works is very strange to me. You honestly think that an anthropologist can't say: "Zeus is a Greek God" without also believing in Zeus?

That's absurd.
I also understand you tried to pull the supernatural is beyond science bs card.
I understand that you are trying to claim that science CAN test the supernatural?

This I gotta see.

Here's a tip: Science deals with the NATURAL world. The SUPER-nature, by it's very definition, is NOT natural. Science does not even ATTEMPT to evaluate it because science does not recognize that any of it ACTUALLY exists.
You want to believe I lack education
No, I know you lack education. You've demonstrated that a number of times.
"One of the few criteria I've listed is: "Supernatural powers", this renders any scientific testing irrelevant, as the "supernatural powers" could prevent any such testing from being done accurately.
Can't "disprove" something which has infinite power to avoid detection."
Smells like pure cat shit to me, go ahead and demonstrate your supernatural powers. Try that on cat turd nugget.
See, this is an example of your in ability to read and comprehend at even a grade school level.

Show me in the text where I claim to have supernatural powers. I don't claim it anywhere.

Show me in the text where I claim that supernatural powers ACTUALLY exist at all? I don't claim that anywhere either.

I am pointing out that Skippy CAN NOT use science to disprove the existence of something which does not exist in the natural world. Science is limited ONLY to the natural world.

Does that mean that there is a supernatural world? No.

I means that, and this is key, SKIPPY CAN'T USE SCIENCE TO EVALUATE THE SUPERNATURAL.

That's one of the FIRST things you learn about when studying science. Science has NO POSITION on things which lay OUTSIDE the field of science.

Science can not determine if something is "good" or "evil". Science can not count "invisible angels". Science can not measure your "xenu-grams".

Science does what science does, claiming that it does what it does not do makes science look bad.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Level 1

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an OUTLANDISH claim.
C-14 has an error bar. A +/-
You find a structure in New Mexico and it has wooden beams in it, you can date those beams to 3,250 years ago +/- 25 years.
However, if you take a core out of that beam, you can have a dendrochronologist tell you EXACTLY what year that tree stopped growing.
Now, you can argue that the support beam may have been reused or taken from a tree that died years earlier etc. However, those arguments apply equally to the C-14 date of that same support beam.
So, given a choice between C-14 and dendrochronology in New Mexico. DC is gonna win every time.
C-14's main advantage is that you can date a bone or a lump of charcoal etc. DC only works for trees and only in areas where the ring timeline has been well established.
However, ALL of this is irrelevant because you jumped in to defend Skippy's position that C-14 dating is fake.
So, let's see your evidence.
OR - how about you apologize for f#(king up and go away.
A lovely story, now cite it please.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
And anthropologists and ethnographers and theologists and anyone else who is studying the culture of that group.
The would say: "Here is this religion 'Jockstrapity', worshipers do X, Y, Z. They are lead by a Head Jock titled Wally. They worship a god called "Jockstrap" who has these characteristics: blah, blah, blah".
The fact that you can't understand how that works is very strange to me. You honestly think that an anthropologist can't say: "Zeus is a Greek God" without also believing in Zeus?
That's absurd.
<quoted text>
I understand that you are trying to claim that science CAN test the supernatural?
This I gotta see.
Here's a tip: Science deals with the NATURAL world. The SUPER-nature, by it's very definition, is NOT natural. Science does not even ATTEMPT to evaluate it because science does not recognize that any of it ACTUALLY exists.
<quoted text>
No, I know you lack education. You've demonstrated that a number of times.
<quoted text>
See, this is an example of your in ability to read and comprehend at even a grade school level.
Show me in the text where I claim to have supernatural powers. I don't claim it anywhere.
Show me in the text where I claim that supernatural powers ACTUALLY exist at all? I don't claim that anywhere either.
I am pointing out that Skippy CAN NOT use science to disprove the existence of something which does not exist in the natural world. Science is limited ONLY to the natural world.
Does that mean that there is a supernatural world? No.
I means that, and this is key, SKIPPY CAN'T USE SCIENCE TO EVALUATE THE SUPERNATURAL.
That's one of the FIRST things you learn about when studying science. Science has NO POSITION on things which lay OUTSIDE the field of science.
Science can not determine if something is "good" or "evil". Science can not count "invisible angels". Science can not measure your "xenu-grams".
Science does what science does, claiming that it does what it does not do makes science look bad.
Yada yada yada blah blah blah balhzey scoop skippy dis skippy dat.
You are still short of legs to stand on .
YES Zeus is an imaginary gawd, so is Nugget the pickle licker.

Nobody believes they are gods ...EXCEPT YOU!
There is nothing supernatural but a claim. Demonstrate or stfu.

My education is so far above your simple excuses for theological reasoning , it requires more than mythology to support any claims.

I fully understand the concept of people categorizing others belief in imaginary gods. I do not understand you belief they actually are gods. Golden Nugget

Got supernatural? Bring it on cheese boy.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

L.A.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
A lovely story, now cite it please.
Doesn't need citing my friend...it is WELL know knowledge that has been around for years and is TOTALLY accepted by the world-wide community of scientists...keep up.

Creationists have to cite science evidence because they are well know liars for Jesus...you can't trust them at all.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

L.A.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why it's advisable for you to actually read the other posts before jumping into a discussion.
You've completely missed the point.
This is not "my" God. I'm not defending the bible or Christianity as anything but mythology and a power grab by men who are afraid of women having sex with other men.
However, Skippy has spent 6 months berating everyone, claiming that he can DISPROVE "God" _scientifically_.
This demonstrates a GROSS misunderstanding of science.
Science can not prove nor disprove anything which relates to the "supernatural" because science deals only with the _NATURAL_.
Does the "supernatural" exist? I sincerely doubt it. However, I would never claim to be able to _scientifically_ prove or disprove otherwise.
When you abandon the very rules of science in order to try and advance science over mythology, you are replacing science WITH mythology.
Let the religious have they myths. Keep them away from our science. Stop pretending science does things it doesn't do.
The REASON science has been winning this war for HUNDREDS of years is because it sticks to what it does well and doesn't try and do what it can't.
Very well said nuggin.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,121 - 4,140 of6,103
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••