Science News

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#2138 Nov 1, 2013
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
Teehee !! Are you drinking ? That was Susan you were replying too !!*wink *'
Brain fart , and yes I have been.......

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#2139 Nov 1, 2013
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL .. Yes, yes .. I GOT it ! But just remember , there is nothing wrong with some heat !:)
True dat.
My "gansta" coming out....lol

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#2140 Nov 1, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Hello Miss Hatti, I think it must be all that booze at Ricky's party last week.
Sorry..... I musta seen one of Perse's posts and gotten mixed up.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#2141 Nov 1, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry..... I musta seen one of Perse's posts and gotten mixed up.
nothing a little shopping trip won't cure

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Level 6

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#2142 Nov 3, 2013
Hey everyone ..Good,Sunday

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#2143 Nov 4, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's over 9 hours and 600 miles from me! We are going to ride down and stop midway on the way down, but drive straight back.
That's a lot of miles on a fatboy lo! The most I've done in one day was 450 miles and my a$s was-a-killin' me (my wife was on back and she just couldn't wait to get off that thing)!
My one buddy is gonna trailer and drive. He said I could drive his road king, with a windshield if I want and trailer mine, but I don't know if that will make that much of a difference. I think I'm going to suck it up and just ride mine. That way I can tease them and call them all pussays for riding their comfy touring bikes while I man up and ride my cruiser with no windshield. Show em how a man does it, lol!!!
We will have a blast. We always do. We are going to rent a condo that sleeps 10. It will be nice to go some place else other than Myrtle for a change.
I rode mine one time with no helmet coming back a long ways from out of town seeing my girlfriend, I left around midnight in the middle of summer and while riding back I ran through several clusters of flying bugs under street lights out on the highway and they were splattering my face, I had to put on my sunglasses and when I got back I took off my sunglasses and walked into an ongoing party at my apartment my roommate had underway and everyone started laughing because my face looked pretty bad except where my glasses had been, it looked like I had a bad sunburn tan line lol.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#2144 Nov 4, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>You have a twisted sense of fun.
That's true I do, but as long as I'm not the one doing the lifting..... lol

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#2145 Nov 4, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
;p
One time we were visiting my dad and he was finishing off an ice cream on the stick when my son stuck his tongue out at his grandpa, so grandpa laid his wet Popsicle stick on my son's tongue lol.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#2146 Nov 4, 2013
You should have seen the look on his face! lol

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#2147 Nov 4, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>Brain fart , and yes I have been.......
I thought it was funny!

“Insert useless statement here.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2148 Nov 4, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's over 9 hours and 600 miles from me! We are going to ride down and stop midway on the way down, but drive straight back.
That's a lot of miles on a fatboy lo! The most I've done in one day was 450 miles and my a$s was-a-killin' me (my wife was on back and she just couldn't wait to get off that thing)!
My one buddy is gonna trailer and drive. He said I could drive his road king, with a windshield if I want and trailer mine, but I don't know if that will make that much of a difference. I think I'm going to suck it up and just ride mine. That way I can tease them and call them all pussays for riding their comfy touring bikes while I man up and ride my cruiser with no windshield. Show em how a man does it, lol!!!
We will have a blast. We always do. We are going to rent a condo that sleeps 10. It will be nice to go some place else other than Myrtle for a change.
I feel Bambi's pain! Been there! Sublime, you've got the opportunity to ride comfortably and your going to "man up"? Will Bambi be taking the ride with you? If so, at least think of her. But then again, she can ride in the "cage" and watch you get beaten by the elements. Best of luck to ya! lol Gotta keep in the back of your head, we are not spring chickens anymore.

Two years ago was our biggest/longest ride on the road king (before tourpak & fairing) was from here in Florida up to JFK hanger 17 in Queens, NY to pick up WTC artifacts and escort them back to this area. One way ride was just under 1200 miles. Then we had to turn around and do it all over again. Wanna talk about sure butt, back and body? I couldn't feel a thing! I literally was crying and begging to walk home. At that point, I didn't care how I got home just as long as it wasn't on the back of a motorcycle. lol After that ride...I swore I'd never ride the harley ever again! That's when we decided to install the tour pak.
Our road king had a detachable windshield before we installed the new fairing. We took several rides without it. It truly makes a difference.
Our next longest ride will be either in late August or early September. We aren't sure if we are going to trailer our bikes. We are going to do the 3 state tour of visiting the Pentagon Memorial, Shanksville and then the World Trade Center memorial. Right now we are pricing the auto train. We can jump on it with the motorcycles up in Orlando and take it to Virginia and then ride the rest of the way. Everything is still up in the air. I prefer the auto train. Yes, you can call me a sissy mary or whatever you want, but my legs, butt and back will be so grateful. I don't care what kind of bike a person has...1200 miles on a motorcycle is still 1200 miles on a motorcycle. lol
We were planning on riding to Sturgis in August, but we can only do one major ride a year. It takes a toll on your body. So August of 2015 we will comfortably drive and trailer our bikes to Sturgis.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#2149 Nov 4, 2013
Hey Chris! I have a girlfriend goes to Sturgis every year. Is it really as wild as she says?

“Insert useless statement here.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2151 Nov 4, 2013
This weekend, I worked the Stuart,Florida Air Show. Every year hubby and I work at Camp Victory's "Boot Camp" This is where you can sign your kids into boot camp for 30 minutes. Always have so much fun!

This year was the first year the Sky Soldiers Demonstration team attended. I watched all morning as the H-model Huey and Cobra helicopters went up taking passengers for a 15 minute ride.

So, during our lunch break and after eating the most greasiest Philly cheese steak hero, my hubby decides to take me for my first helicopter ride.

Hubby isn't a stranger to helicopters. He's been in Black Hawks and Chinook's. Hubby has the biggest smile on his face as he paid the $75 bucks a piece for our tickets. He then starts talking to the crew who are all veterans about his Afghanistan (trashcanistan)experiences. Well, the crew takes a liking to my hubby and decides to give us the best seats (door gunner seats)on the real Vietnam Era UH-1H Huey.

The crew straps me in and tell me that I may be too small to sit in the seat because the belts aren't meant for tiny people. They wanted to seat me somewhere else. But, the crew likes my hubby so much that they keep me there so I can have the best experience of my life.(gee thanks)lol

So, we take off, doors open. The pilot does all kinds of maneuvers that send me facing the ground and then flips the other way and now I'm facing the sky. All I could do was scream "I don't like this". No one could hear my screams over the sound of the blades and we all had ear plugs. There is nothing to hold onto! No where to brace my feet. No "oh sh!t" bar. I thought that I was going to lose my lunch!! I wanted to hold onto my belt, but didn't feel secure because of the conversation that took place before taking off. Hubby was dying laughing at me! He said he has never seen me scared to death. He also said the look on my face was well worth the 150 bucks!
My knees continued to shake for almost 8 hours after the ride.

I have always had a lot of respect for our Veterans, but now I have a new found respect for our military men and women who have flown in these helicopters.

It was an experience that I WILL NEVER FORGET!!!

“Insert useless statement here.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2152 Nov 4, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
Hey Chris! I have a girlfriend goes to Sturgis every year. Is it really as wild as she says?
Good Morning Perse! I've never been to Sturgis. So I have no clue of what to expect. All I know is from what I see on the tv. Please ask your girlfriend for pointers of where to stay and let me know of her experiences. I am not going until 2015 tho. I've got plenty of time to prepare.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#2153 Nov 4, 2013
Chris - PSL wrote:
This weekend, I worked the Stuart,Florida Air Show. Every year hubby and I work at Camp Victory's "Boot Camp" This is where you can sign your kids into boot camp for 30 minutes. Always have so much fun!
This year was the first year the Sky Soldiers Demonstration team attended. I watched all morning as the H-model Huey and Cobra helicopters went up taking passengers for a 15 minute ride.
So, during our lunch break and after eating the most greasiest Philly cheese steak hero, my hubby decides to take me for my first helicopter ride.
Hubby isn't a stranger to helicopters. He's been in Black Hawks and Chinook's. Hubby has the biggest smile on his face as he paid the $75 bucks a piece for our tickets. He then starts talking to the crew who are all veterans about his Afghanistan (trashcanistan)experiences. Well, the crew takes a liking to my hubby and decides to give us the best seats (door gunner seats)on the real Vietnam Era UH-1H Huey.
The crew straps me in and tell me that I may be too small to sit in the seat because the belts aren't meant for tiny people. They wanted to seat me somewhere else. But, the crew likes my hubby so much that they keep me there so I can have the best experience of my life.(gee thanks)lol
So, we take off, doors open. The pilot does all kinds of maneuvers that send me facing the ground and then flips the other way and now I'm facing the sky. All I could do was scream "I don't like this". No one could hear my screams over the sound of the blades and we all had ear plugs. There is nothing to hold onto! No where to brace my feet. No "oh sh!t" bar. I thought that I was going to lose my lunch!! I wanted to hold onto my belt, but didn't feel secure because of the conversation that took place before taking off. Hubby was dying laughing at me! He said he has never seen me scared to death. He also said the look on my face was well worth the 150 bucks!
My knees continued to shake for almost 8 hours after the ride.
I have always had a lot of respect for our Veterans, but now I have a new found respect for our military men and women who have flown in these helicopters.
It was an experience that I WILL NEVER FORGET!!!
I haven't forgotten mine either.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#2154 Nov 4, 2013
Chris - PSL wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Perse! I've never been to Sturgis. So I have no clue of what to expect. All I know is from what I see on the tv. Please ask your girlfriend for pointers of where to stay and let me know of her experiences. I am not going until 2015 tho. I've got plenty of time to prepare.
She's been the last 3 years. They stay in the motorhome for 10 days. All I heard about was the party end. She talked a little bit about the musical stuff... And some shopping... But it was mostly about chasing guys and partying. LOL.

“Insert useless statement here.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2155 Nov 4, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't forgotten mine either.
Positronium, if your experience in a helicopter is due to service to our country. THANK YOU!!

“Insert useless statement here.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2156 Nov 4, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>
She's been the last 3 years. They stay in the motorhome for 10 days. All I heard about was the party end. She talked a little bit about the musical stuff... And some shopping... But it was mostly about chasing guys and partying. LOL.
We were considering taking a friends 5th wheel to Sturgis and staying in some campground. I will be with hubby so the chasing guys part is out of the equation. lol

Shopping? I've got time to start saving some moolah (taking 20 bucks a week from Rickys wallet).

So that's 22 months, 88 weeks x 20 bucks a week....$1760 to take with me to Sturgis. Yup...that's a sufficient amount. What do you girls think? lol

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#2157 Nov 4, 2013
Chris - PSL wrote:
<quoted text>Positronium, if your experience in a helicopter is due to service to our country. THANK YOU!!
You are welcome. I'd do it again.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#2158 Nov 4, 2013
Chris - PSL wrote:
<quoted text>We were considering taking a friends 5th wheel to Sturgis and staying in some campground. I will be with hubby so the chasing guys part is out of the equation. lol
Shopping? I've got time to start saving some moolah (taking 20 bucks a week from Rickys wallet).
So that's 22 months, 88 weeks x 20 bucks a week....$1760 to take with me to Sturgis. Yup...that's a sufficient amount. What do you girls think? lol
Well, she's single sooooo... lol. I took her camping with me once but she freaked out because she's not into Not having a normal shower. LOL. She would walk 2 miles to use a regular bathroom too.

I'm sure you'll have fun! You won't get much sleep though. Might be a good idea to have a hotel backup plan. Seriously. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 1 hr Richardfs 1,141
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Richardfs 52,022
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr Richardfs 157,574
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr It aint necessari... 24,828
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 hr Regolith Based Li... 218,797
Can the universe be God's brain? (Jun '07) Thu scientia potentia... 98
News Darwin's Doubt: Giving a Case for Intelligent D... Thu scientia potentia... 1
More from around the web