The Incomprehensible Humility of Doub...

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#894 Aug 10, 2013
Does anyone besides myself ever listen to NPR Science Friday? There was a really fascinating segment on this Friday on emotional literacy and how important it is in life.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#895 Aug 10, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
Does anyone besides myself ever listen to NPR Science Friday? There was a really fascinating segment on this Friday on emotional literacy and how important it is in life.
I wish I had, I would enjoy discussing it with you. I wanted to mention that Hiding has been on the Atheism and Homosexuality thread if you still are interesting in more info on your discussion above.

Have a great day Susan.

Level 9

Location hidden

#896 Aug 10, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I wish I had, I would enjoy discussing it with you. I wanted to mention that Hiding has been on the Atheism and Homosexuality thread if you still are interesting in more info on your discussion above.
Have a great day Susan.
I'll go check it out. It was such a fascinating discussion. I had no idea that emotional literacy was so crucial in all of life. Not surprising we don't see much of it on Topix. lol

Level 9

#897 Aug 10, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll go check it out. It was such a fascinating discussion. I had no idea that emotional literacy was so crucial in all of life. Not surprising we don't see much of it on Topix. lol
I have just briefly looked into since you mention it. It is fascinating. Seems I have some, but I might need improvement. On Topix, that may still mean I am OK.

Level 9

Location hidden

#898 Aug 10, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I have just briefly looked into since you mention it. It is fascinating. Seems I have some, but I might need improvement. On Topix, that may still mean I am OK.
On Topix that means you're a star! You should check the "There Goes the Neighborhood" thread in the Offbeat forum. Talk about a bunch of lunatics!

You should know that I have "many" identities according to the trolls. Evidently, one even blogs about me. The odd thing is, I don't even know this person. But it "knows" me. lol

Level 3

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#899 Aug 10, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
On Topix that means you're a star! You should check the "There Goes the Neighborhood" thread in the Offbeat forum. Talk about a bunch of lunatics!
You should know that I have "many" identities according to the trolls. Evidently, one even blogs about me. The odd thing is, I don't even know this person. But it "knows" me. lol
Hey, for sheer lunacy, I highly recommend the Why Should Jesus Love Me thread.

Level 9

#900 Aug 10, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! I can understand the adulation, but the direction challenges my mind. Somebody blogs about you, that is funny/spooky. Gosh, I am glad to know that I am just a jerk and don't have deeper problems that others appear to have.

I guess I better check out the TGtN thread. It sounds interesting.

Level 9

Location hidden

#901 Aug 22, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! I can understand the adulation, but the direction challenges my mind. Somebody blogs about you, that is funny/spooky. Gosh, I am glad to know that I am just a jerk and don't have deeper problems that others appear to have.
I guess I better check out the TGtN thread. It sounds interesting.
I didn't even see this post until now. Yes, apparently I do have someone who is so obsessed with me - actually not with ME but with who they think/wish I am - that they blog about me. I haven't ever read the blog (who has time); however, many posters have told me about it. Why they would read something so inane is anyone's guess.

This same deranged poster follows me around posting cryptic posts to me. Very strange.

Do join us on the There Goes the Neighborhood in Offbeat. Most of us are nice folks and not too crazy. Heh, heh.

Level 9

Location hidden

#902 Aug 22, 2013
Where is Double Fine!!! Calling DF.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#903 Aug 22, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
Where is Double Fine!!! Calling DF.
I'm in contact with him elsewhere. I'll pass your call along.

Level 9

Location hidden

#904 Aug 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I'm in contact with him elsewhere. I'll pass your call along.
Hey Mac. Thanks. I just got a pm from him.

:)

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#905 Aug 22, 2013
Ah! The thread returns to life!

Level 9

Location hidden

#906 Aug 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
Ah! The thread returns to life!
And it's about time. How are you Mike?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#907 Aug 22, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's about time. How are you Mike?
I'm good. You?

Level 3

Fremont, CA

#908 Aug 22, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mac. Thanks. I just got a pm from him.
Congratulate mac.

He's going to be a grandpa.

Level 9

Location hidden

#909 Aug 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I'm in contact with him elsewhere. I'll pass your call along.
Congratulations Mac. That's wonderful news!

Level 9

Location hidden

#910 Aug 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm good. You?
Doing well - although I'm job hunting.

Level 9

Location hidden

#911 Aug 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulate mac.
He's going to be a grandpa.
Hey you.

Level 3

Fremont, CA

#912 Aug 22, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey you.
Hi dear, what's cooking with you?

Level 9

Location hidden

#913 Aug 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi dear, what's cooking with you?
Job hunting.

Circumstances have changed. My father had a massive fatal heart attack, so I'm moving to be closer to my mother.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min The Northener 199,348
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 39 min Brian_G 14,935
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 48 min thetruth 34,985
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr Don Barros Serrano 151,320
News ID Isn't Science, But That's the Least Of Its P... 16 hr FREE SERVANT 35
Ribose can be produced in space 19 hr JanusBifrons 6
A Simple Simulation 22 hr JanusBifrons 1
More from around the web