The Incomprehensible Humility of Doub...

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#854 Jul 20, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
*bows*
As you would expect, though
:)
Wel duh!

<3

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#855 Jul 20, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Drat!
Good morning.
I know, it might be fun.

Now there are many tales told by the anti-Zimmerman crowd that should not be believed without evidence. First he was not on watch that night. He was on a personal errand. I don't have a handgun, nor a carry permit, though I could get one easily in my state. I do know several people who have them. For them carrying their gun with them is part of being dressed. They are not being vigilantes merely because they leave their home with their gun. In fact one of them told how when he was pulled over by the police for a minor traffic infraction he was asked why he didn't have his gun with him when he saw his permit.

My point is that no special threat should be thought of because George was armed that night. There are many claims that I hear that are not supported by evidence of any sort. When it came to Zimmerman's statement to the police I treated it the way I would a scientific theory. If a theory is correct the evidence will support it. If it is wrong in all probability there will be some evidence that contradicts it. Overall the evidence supports Zimmerman's story very well. And this is the story he gave several times to the police with no major changes. From the very first night. Before he lawyered up.

Even if you don't like George it looks like he was telling the truth.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#856 Jul 20, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Afternoon
Nope, she's right. I just look out and the sun has only been up for three hours at the most.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#857 Jul 20, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo SZ
Not making him out a racist. But I can very easily see a nasty verbal exchange. And it does not take a racist to be in an argument with racial undertones.
Also, I did mention that I agree with the verdict. The requirement is proof beyond a reasonable doubt. That was not achieved.
Yes, with non-lethal implements, Martin could have been in a spot of bother with the Law. Lethal force is something far too easily used nowadays.
Either way, it certainly is a tragedy. A 17 year old kid dying is a sad affair.
I agree.

And yes, I also agree that nonlethal defenses should be urged on people rather than lethal ones.

It takes some powerful drugs to ignore those, PCP is one drug that will overcome both pepper spray and tasers. And we know that Martin was not on anything like that.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#858 Jul 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, it might be fun.
Now there are many tales told by the anti-Zimmerman crowd that should not be believed without evidence. First he was not on watch that night. He was on a personal errand. I don't have a handgun, nor a carry permit, though I could get one easily in my state. I do know several people who have them. For them carrying their gun with them is part of being dressed. They are not being vigilantes merely because they leave their home with their gun. In fact one of them told how when he was pulled over by the police for a minor traffic infraction he was asked why he didn't have his gun with him when he saw his permit.
My point is that no special threat should be thought of because George was armed that night. There are many claims that I hear that are not supported by evidence of any sort. When it came to Zimmerman's statement to the police I treated it the way I would a scientific theory. If a theory is correct the evidence will support it. If it is wrong in all probability there will be some evidence that contradicts it. Overall the evidence supports Zimmerman's story very well. And this is the story he gave several times to the police with no major changes. From the very first night. Before he lawyered up.
Even if you don't like George it looks like he was telling the truth.
Truth seems to be elastic, as I've found on Topix.

However, I prefer to make all of my decisions based on NO evidence and just what I think should be the truth. LOLOLOL

Very nice to meet you.

:)

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#859 Jul 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, she's right. I just look out and the sun has only been up for three hours at the most.
DF is another part of the world where it IS afternoon.

:)

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#860 Jul 20, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
DF is another part of the world where it IS afternoon.
:)
Legend has it that no mater where DF is the sun is shining.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#861 Jul 20, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
DF is another part of the world where it IS afternoon.
:)
No, the world is flat and rotates around me :D

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#862 Jul 20, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth seems to be elastic, as I've found on Topix.
However, I prefer to make all of my decisions based on NO evidence and just what I think should be the truth. LOLOLOL
Very nice to meet you.
:)
And nice to meet you.

By any chance did some socks of yours drop a few props my way the other day? If so thank you.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#863 Jul 20, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wel duh!
<3
I like your use of the word "drat." It doesn't get used often enough these days.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#864 Jul 20, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
*bows*
As you would expect, though
:)
Certainly I expected no less.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#865 Jul 20, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Legend has it that no mater where DF is the sun is shining.
*Face palm* I knew that!

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#866 Jul 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the world is flat and rotates around me :D
Wait! I thought it was DF around whom the sun rotates? No?

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#867 Jul 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And nice to meet you.
By any chance did some socks of yours drop a few props my way the other day? If so thank you.
Indeed those were my socks. Holler if you ever need more props. The Mods, in their infinite wisdom have chosen, to arbitrarily limit the number of socks one may have. The actual number is a state secret, hence the banning of some of my socks.

And naturally disruptive socks get banned. Mine just gave out props.

:)

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#868 Jul 20, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I like your use of the word "drat." It doesn't get used often enough these days.
I also like "dang".

“First it steals your mind..”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#869 Jul 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, it might be fun.
Now there are many tales told by the anti-Zimmerman crowd that should not be believed without evidence. First he was not on watch that night. He was on a personal errand. I don't have a handgun, nor a carry permit, though I could get one easily in my state. I do know several people who have them. For them carrying their gun with them is part of being dressed. They are not being vigilantes merely because they leave their home with their gun. In fact one of them told how when he was pulled over by the police for a minor traffic infraction he was asked why he didn't have his gun with him when he saw his permit.
My point is that no special threat should be thought of because George was armed that night. There are many claims that I hear that are not supported by evidence of any sort. When it came to Zimmerman's statement to the police I treated it the way I would a scientific theory. If a theory is correct the evidence will support it. If it is wrong in all probability there will be some evidence that contradicts it. Overall the evidence supports Zimmerman's story very well. And this is the story he gave several times to the police with no major changes. From the very first night. Before he lawyered up.
Even if you don't like George it looks like he was telling the truth.
What bothers me, is the circus it all became. A white guy shot a black kid after showing signs of a struggle. THAT IS THE SUM OF WHAT WE KNEW. Immediately, the majority of blacks believes it to be a racist shooting, and the majority of whites believe the white guy to be innocent. Why should the colour if the skin matter before we pick a side?

“First it steals your mind..”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#870 Jul 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
And yes, I also agree that nonlethal defenses should be urged on people rather than lethal ones.
It takes some powerful drugs to ignore those, PCP is one drug that will overcome both pepper spray and tasers. And we know that Martin was not on anything like that.
Yeah, some drugs get the people high enough. I have heard a story of a guy high on some local drug (much like PCP) and broke into a house. The owner shot him nine times with a .22. He did not even feel it.

“First it steals your mind..”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#871 Jul 20, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Legend has it that no mater where DF is the sun is shining.
Legend is indeed true.

Legend also has it that Double Fine does not adhere to Newton's Laws of Motion...

“First it steals your mind..”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#872 Jul 20, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth seems to be elastic, as I've found on Topix.
However, I prefer to make all of my decisions based on NO evidence and just what I think should be the truth. LOLOLOL
Very nice to meet you.
:)
You are hereby summoned to the office of his Awesomeness, Double Fine

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#873 Jul 21, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
What bothers me, is the circus it all became. A white guy shot a black kid after showing signs of a struggle. THAT IS THE SUM OF WHAT WE KNEW. Immediately, the majority of blacks believes it to be a racist shooting, and the majority of whites believe the white guy to be innocent. Why should the colour if the skin matter before we pick a side?
Worse yet, this was largely a media driven event and the media has to invent a new "term" for Zimmerman. He is actually Hispanic, don't ask me why but some people think that is a different "race". Since they first identified him as white they started to call him a "white Hispanic".

There is another case in Florida right now where the defendant is trying to use the Stand Your Ground Law. I don't think he will succeed:

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2013-04-09...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 min Endofdays 78,674
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 min Science 32,438
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 13 min Science 163,006
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 53 min Eagle 12 - 1,406
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! 1 hr Science 814
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 hr Regolith Based Li... 222,220
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
More from around the web