The Incomprehensible Humility of Doub...

“I could be Susan's sock!”

Level 8

Since: Jun 12

Lady J's Lead Acolyte

#770 Jun 10, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Itís not just restricted to Wal-Mart, it is a general and possibly global supermarket phenomenon, I have seen the same behaviour from Hong Kong, through India, the Middle East, much of Europe and the USA.
Location and the type of supermarket appear to have no baring on this behaviour. From the lowest price cutter to Harrods food hall, you are likely to get a trolley rammed into your ankles. When you are thoroughly beaten, limping badly and just want to go home you find you have to skip the cereal or bread isle because there is what appears to be a family meeting, a full blown argument or a staff party happening.
Do you really have reason to rant at what appears to be basic evolutionary human nature? Oh sod it, why not.
Morning Dan,
Morning everyone else
Have a great week.
Hello Christine. I've never had any of those things happen at Whole Foods or some of the food co-ops I frequent.

Level 3

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#771 Jun 10, 2013
_PrincessSusan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious. I can say with a great deal of satisfaction that I've never shopped at Walmart - no doubt for all of the reasons you mention as well as that Walmart treats its employees horribly and all those made in China products are not things I'd buy.
I shop at Whole Foods and the clientele there tends to be respectful and nice while the service is great.
And no doubt those Walmart shoppers would NOT notice a mass extinction. Heh heh. Perhaps it would be a good thing.
I have never set foot inside a Walmart, like you due to the poor treatment it gives its employees.

I'm a Trader Joe's/Target guy.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#772 Jun 10, 2013
I like Trader Joe's as well. Target not as much.

“Just because it is possible”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Doesn't mean it will happen.

#773 Jun 10, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Itís not just restricted to Wal-Mart, it is a general and possibly global supermarket phenomenon, I have seen the same behaviour from Hong Kong, through India, the Middle East, much of Europe and the USA.
Location and the type of supermarket appear to have no baring on this behaviour. From the lowest price cutter to Harrods food hall, you are likely to get a trolley rammed into your ankles. When you are thoroughly beaten, limping badly and just want to go home you find you have to skip the cereal or bread isle because there is what appears to be a family meeting, a full blown argument or a staff party happening.
Do you really have reason to rant at what appears to be basic evolutionary human nature? Oh sod it, why not.
Morning Dan,
Morning everyone else
Have a great week.
Occasionally, I just rant a bit and ramble. I like to think I have reasons, but usually it marks the fact that I am over tired and desperately in need of sleep.

I am not sure what is behind what we are observing, but it reminds me of Wild Kingdom and animals milling about the water hole.

Level 9

#774 Jun 10, 2013
_PrincessSusan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious. I can say with a great deal of satisfaction that I've never shopped at Walmart - no doubt for all of the reasons you mention as well as that Walmart treats its employees horribly and all those made in China products are not things I'd buy.
I shop at Whole Foods and the clientele there tends to be respectful and nice while the service is great.
And no doubt those Walmart shoppers would NOT notice a mass extinction. Heh heh. Perhaps it would be a good thing.
Oh, I like Whole Foods and Trader Joes, but I have to live a little more tightly belted these days and unfortunately, Walmart is cheap, though I prefer Target. I agree, I don't like a lot of their policies and now after reading your post, I am back on the "I won't shop there again" swing of my addiction. I guess, I will see how long it lasts.

I have taken to shopping at Aldis some and the produce I run across is surprisingly very good. People still wander around oblivious though.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#775 Jun 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never set foot inside a Walmart, like you due to the poor treatment it gives its employees.
I'm a Trader Joe's/Target guy.
Some things, once seen, can never be unseen.

https://www.google.com/search...

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#776 Jun 11, 2013
_PrincessSusan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Christine. I've never had any of those things happen at Whole Foods or some of the food co-ops I frequent.
Morning Susan

Lucky you, really itís one reason I donít do supermarkets so often, the other is the freshness of the food. Here there are farmers markets and farm shops, much fresher. Often the clinging soil still damp.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#777 Jun 11, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Occasionally, I just rant a bit and ramble. I like to think I have reasons, but usually it marks the fact that I am over tired and desperately in need of sleep.
I am not sure what is behind what we are observing, but it reminds me of Wild Kingdom and animals milling about the water hole.
Feel free to rant to your hearts content, if it makes you feel better then itís a valid cause.

Animals have a hierarchy at the watering hole, but some predators ignore this.

Level 8

Lady J's Lead Acolyte

#778 Jun 11, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I like Whole Foods and Trader Joes, but I have to live a little more tightly belted these days and unfortunately, Walmart is cheap, though I prefer Target. I agree, I don't like a lot of their policies and now after reading your post, I am back on the "I won't shop there again" swing of my addiction. I guess, I will see how long it lasts.
I have taken to shopping at Aldis some and the produce I run across is surprisingly very good. People still wander around oblivious though.
When I was having to live quite tightly belted, I shopped at my friendly neighborhood co-op (all organic and very inexpensive) as well as frequenting the farmer's markets.

Howdy folks.

:)

Level 9

#779 Jun 11, 2013
_PrincessSusan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was having to live quite tightly belted, I shopped at my friendly neighborhood co-op (all organic and very inexpensive) as well as frequenting the farmer's markets.
Howdy folks.
I will keep that in mind and my eyes open for the local farmers markets and neighborhood grocers. Still, I love the cheeses at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. Wine, cheese and bread may cause my belt to burst in more ways than one, but it is worth the occasional taste.

Take care Susan.

Level 9

Location hidden

#780 Jun 12, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I will keep that in mind and my eyes open for the local farmers markets and neighborhood grocers. Still, I love the cheeses at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. Wine, cheese and bread may cause my belt to burst in more ways than one, but it is worth the occasional taste.
Take care Susan.
Heh, heh. I know what you mean about the tastes at Trader Joe's. Whole Foods has great tasting stations, especially cheeses.

Good morning folks!

Level 9

#781 Jun 13, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh, heh. I know what you mean about the tastes at Trader Joe's. Whole Foods has great tasting stations, especially cheeses.
Good morning folks!
I am very fond of cheese. I have always had a taste for certain foods with a assertive flavors and there are many cheeses that fit that bill. It hasn't always made me popular though, but I survive. It is one of the most flavorful parts of my heritage from my mother's side.

Those tasting stations are like a flame and I play the moth.

Level 9

Location hidden

#782 Jun 13, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I am very fond of cheese. I have always had a taste for certain foods with a assertive flavors and there are many cheeses that fit that bill. It hasn't always made me popular though, but I survive. It is one of the most flavorful parts of my heritage from my mother's side.
Those tasting stations are like a flame and I play the moth.
I love cheese as well, especially sharp cheddar.

Level 9

#783 Jun 13, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I love cheese as well, especially sharp cheddar.
I love sharp cheddar as well, but I don't trust it. It knows too much.

Level 9

Location hidden

#784 Jun 14, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Susan
Lucky you, really itís one reason I donít do supermarkets so often, the other is the freshness of the food. Here there are farmers markets and farm shops, much fresher. Often the clinging soil still damp.
So true and we're really lucky that we have these options.

Good morning everyone.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#785 Jun 14, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So true and we're really lucky that we have these options.
Good morning everyone.
Morning all.

I'm off today!
:-)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#786 Jun 14, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning all.
I'm off today!
So am I!

Level 3

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#787 Jun 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So am I!
Me too.

I'm headed for Lake Tahoe for the weekend.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#788 Jun 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too.
I'm headed for Lake Tahoe for the weekend.
Nice. I might make a run over to the Gulf.

Level 8

Lady J's Lead Acolyte

#789 Jun 14, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning all.
I'm off today!
Yay for you! Wish I were.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 13 min dirtclod 6,199
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 20 min DanFromSmithville 168,717
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr Chimney1 19,760
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 5 hr Paul Porter1 141,815
How can we prove God exists, or does not? 8 hr Paul Porter1 197
How would creationists explain... (Nov '14) 8 hr Paul Porter1 561
three preventive measures for PID 18 hr qiu 1
More from around the web