The Incomprehensible Humility of Doub...

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#729 Jun 5, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
So who has an answer they want to give here?
http://www.topix.com/forum/denver/T5R4ED2JTE5...
Hello Susan.

I posted an answer there, but it was probably pretty mundane. No star ships or class M planets, but I think those would be great. I would love to see some of the stuff they are photographing with the Hubble.

_PrincessSusan_

“I could be Susan's sock!”

Level 8

Since: Jun 12

Lady J's Lead Acolyte

#730 Jun 5, 2013
Hi Dan. Yes, that would be pretty amazing and I'm sure eventually we'll see some of things they are photographing with the Hubble. I liked your answer. I think that eventually we'll devolve as you suggested. For some odd reason homo sapiens can't seem to use moderation.

Level 9

#731 Jun 6, 2013
_PrincessSusan_ wrote:
Hi Dan. Yes, that would be pretty amazing and I'm sure eventually we'll see some of things they are photographing with the Hubble. I liked your answer. I think that eventually we'll devolve as you suggested. For some odd reason homo sapiens can't seem to use moderation.
Thanks Sue. If it ever comes to that outcome, maybe it would offer a second chance for us if we don't destroy ourselves or leave the planet.

I think it is an inherent flaw in us and not just isolated to us. Other animals have shown a propensity to over indulge. They just can't do it on the scale that we do and impact as much as we can. But we have the capacity for wisdom, tolerance and benevolence as well. I will always hold out that those traits will rally for us in the end.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Santa Rosa

#732 Jun 6, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Sue. If it ever comes to that outcome, maybe it would offer a second chance for us if we don't destroy ourselves or leave the planet.
I think it is an inherent flaw in us and not just isolated to us. Other animals have shown a propensity to over indulge. They just can't do it on the scale that we do and impact as much as we can. But we have the capacity for wisdom, tolerance and benevolence as well. I will always hold out that those traits will rally for us in the end.
I hope that you are right. However, from what I see in the small microcosm that is Topix, I don't hold out much hope for homo sapiens.

:)

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#733 Jun 7, 2013
Good morning all.

Fridays dawns and weekend approaches, promised to be a long awaited decent one here in the UK. Have a great one wherever you areĀ…

Level 9

Santa Rosa

#734 Jun 7, 2013
hello Christine, everyone.

Have a great weekend.

AIias - Trish
Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#735 Jun 7, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
Hello Mike, Trish, everyone.
Hello Susan, DFS, Christine, Mike and shoooooot, forgot the name that starts with "M".

Hope you all have a Fabulous Friday :)

Cowboy Casanova - Carrie Underwood

Double Fine ... where are you?

AIias - Trish
Level 5

Location hidden

#736 Jun 7, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
Hi, guys.
Ahh yes, that's the name I struggled to remember.
Interest name indeed. Hope you are well.:)

L8r Ya'll
;~)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#737 Jun 7, 2013
AIias - Trish wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh yes, that's the name I struggled to remember.
Interest name indeed. Hope you are well.:)
L8r Ya'll
;~)
Literary reference. It's from "King Solomon's Mines", by H. Rider Haggard.

Native name for the hero, Allan Quartermain - means "Watcher-by-night".

Have a great weekend!

AIias - Trish
Level 5

Location hidden

#738 Jun 7, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Literary reference. It's from "King Solomon's Mines", by H. Rider Haggard.
Have a great weekend!
Interesting. Thanks and hope you enjoy weekend as well. Five more hours to go here.:)

Poetry Man

AIias - Trish
Level 5

Location hidden

#739 Jun 7, 2013
Stupid little dog ... more like a rat.

Whaaaat? That's what Josh say's at the end of this song. Funny :))))

Baby's Gone Home to Mamma

Sweet Home Alabama --- Turn it UP!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

_PrincessSusan_

“I could be Susan's sock!”

Level 8

Since: Jun 12

Lady J's Lead Acolyte

#740 Jun 7, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Literary reference. It's from "King Solomon's Mines", by H. Rider Haggard.
Have a great weekend!
Hello Mac.

Loved that book. The movie was only so so.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#741 Jun 7, 2013
_PrincessSusan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Mac.
Loved that book. The movie was only so so.
Oh, the movie stunk on ice, if you've loved the book for over 40 years. In spite of, who was it, Chamberlain?

Level 9

Santa Rosa

#742 Jun 7, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, the movie stunk on ice, if you've loved the book for over 40 years. In spite of, who was it, Chamberlain?
Can't remember, but I do remember that the book was very scary. I read it when I was in the fifth grade.

Level 9

#743 Jun 7, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope that you are right. However, from what I see in the small microcosm that is Topix, I don't hold out much hope for homo sapiens.
I am hoping that some of the posters represent an atypical, biased sample of our species. Unfortunately, I have lived in denial before, but that is a long story for another day.

Level 9

#744 Jun 7, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
Have a great weekend!
I like that. Another of those "I wish I would have thought of that" situations.

Level 9

#745 Jun 7, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, the movie stunk on ice, if you've loved the book for over 40 years. In spite of, who was it, Chamberlain?
The movie I saw years ago starred Richard Chamberlain. I liked Sean Connery as Quartermain in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen better, but the character was just plucked out for that movie. It had nothing to do with the original story.
Apparently, Patrick Swayze did a television movie version in 2004, but I have never seen it.

Level 9

#746 Jun 7, 2013
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#747 Jun 7, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>The movie I saw years ago starred Richard Chamberlain. I liked Sean Connery as Quartermain in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen better, but the character was just plucked out for that movie. It had nothing to do with the original story.
Apparently, Patrick Swayze did a television movie version in 2004, but I have never seen it.
Yah, that was the one.

"League" was an awful movie - but Connery was great.

Wait, Swayze did what??

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#748 Jun 7, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I am hoping that some of the posters represent an atypical, biased sample of our species. Unfortunately, I have lived in denial before, but that is a long story for another day.
Do you know anybody IRL acts like that?
'Cos I do not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 min NightSerf 16,172
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 16 min Chimney1 201,469
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 3 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 216
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr One way or another 40,680
Scientists create vast 3-D map of universe, val... 7 hr One way or another 17
The conscious God or the inanimate nature 14 hr THE LONE WORKER 34
News Book aims to prove existence of God (Nov '09) 15 hr ChristineM 96
More from around the web