The Incomprehensible Humility of Doub...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#629 Dec 11, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Mike!
Hey!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#630 Dec 11, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a buddy of mine that used to CAPTAIN a private yacht out of Ft Laud a few years ago. He (at one time) Captained the worlds largest private yacht. He now owns a yacht brokerage in Ft Lauderdale.
Nicest guy you'd ever wanna meet. Real down to earth.
Interesting. My dad used to ship builder and worked on the most expensive (at the time) private boat ever built. It had to be built to within half a millimeter of accuracy, which was unheard of as even most ships of the exact same type can often differ in size by a few feet. I know he worked in Florida (among many other places) at the time, so maybe there's the *slightest* smidge of possibility that they met? Would have been around the early eighties though.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#631 Dec 11, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. My dad used to ship builder and worked on the most expensive (at the time) private boat ever built. It had to be built to within half a millimeter of accuracy, which was unheard of as even most ships of the exact same type can often differ in size by a few feet. I know he worked in Florida (among many other places) at the time, so maybe there's the *slightest* smidge of possibility that they met? Would have been around the early eighties though.
Possibly. Somewhat limited population set.

Although --- I was at a local bar after work one afternoon about a month ago (go figure!), and started up a conversation with a fellow lush...I mean patron, who was waiting on a flight out (bar near the airport). He said he was a former yacht pilot. Turns out he knew my buddy quite well! I texted my friend down in Ft Myers (300+ miles away), and he confirmed it. They hadnt see each other in decades.

Boy howdy! The stories he had!

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#632 Dec 19, 2012
Just heard from DF, he’s fine so no one worry, he’s just having internet problems and will be back to brighten our days as soon as possible

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#633 Dec 20, 2012
Has anyone else seen this. It is up at the top of this page on my computer.

Amazon.com
Double Fine at Amazon.com
Buy Double Fine at Amazon! Qualified orders over $25 ship free

I don't know whether to be shocked or jealous.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#634 Dec 20, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Just heard from DF, he’s fine so no one worry, he’s just having internet problems and will be back to brighten our days as soon as possible
I just thought he might be out of stock, now that he is on Amazon.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#635 Dec 21, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I just thought he might be out of stock, now that he is on Amazon.
Out of stock? Are you quite mad? Our DF? Never could such an event happen!!!

There will always be enough of the incomprehensible humility of DF to keep us all smiling and happy

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#636 Dec 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of stock? Are you quite mad? Our DF? Never could such an event happen!!!
There will always be enough of the incomprehensible humility of DF to keep us all smiling and happy
Never crossed my mind.

Never even got to the kerb, in fact.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#637 Dec 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of stock? Are you quite mad? Our DF? Never could such an event happen!!!
There will always be enough of the incomprehensible humility of DF to keep us all smiling and happy
That and the free shipping.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#638 Dec 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of stock? Are you quite mad? Our DF? Never could such an event happen!!!
There will always be enough of the incomprehensible humility of DF to keep us all smiling and happy
Oh, and yes I am quite mad, but don't let that get out it could affect my job in the ministry.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#639 Jan 7, 2013
OK, vacation over. Back to work.
:-(

Happy New Year, y'all!

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#640 Jan 7, 2013
MikeF wrote:
OK, vacation over. Back to work.
:-(
Happy New Year, y'all!
Good day Mike, Welcome back. Did you have a good one?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#641 Jan 7, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Good day Mike, Welcome back. Did you have a good one?
Yeah, pretty good. At least I got some of my to-do list accomplished. And had dinner with two of my brothers who were in town. Religion aside, the holidays are a good thing.

How about you?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#642 Jan 7, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, pretty good. At least I got some of my to-do list accomplished. And had dinner with two of my brothers who were in town. Religion aside, the holidays are a good thing.
How about you?
Ya didn't ask me, but I had basically the same experience as you, Mike. All my brothers, my parents, my brother's kids, some of their in-laws, etc. Token (<$50) Christmas gifts, but more than made up for it in food, drink, laughs, and catching up.

I like to compare it with the old "Walton Family Christmas Special", but with lotsa beer!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#643 Jan 7, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya didn't ask me, but I had basically the same experience as you, Mike. All my brothers, my parents, my brother's kids, some of their in-laws, etc. Token (<$50) Christmas gifts, but more than made up for it in food, drink, laughs, and catching up.
I like to compare it with the old "Walton Family Christmas Special", but with lotsa beer!
Beer good.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#644 Jan 7, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, pretty good. At least I got some of my to-do list accomplished. And had dinner with two of my brothers who were in town. Religion aside, the holidays are a good thing.
How about you?
Hectic until 25th then veg time for a week. Much needed.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#645 Jan 7, 2013
MikeF wrote:
OK, vacation over. Back to work.
:-(
Happy New Year, y'all!
Yo, Mike!

Happy New Year!

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#646 Jan 8, 2013
Latest from DF, he’s away from communications (mostly) in the wilds of the Kruger National Park, he’s fine and dandy (as always) and will be back when he can

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#647 Jan 8, 2013
Kruger National Park? Yikes! I hope he's being careful.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#648 Jan 8, 2013
MikeF wrote:
Kruger National Park? Yikes! I hope he's being careful.
Me too, vast area, he must be on a supervised safari (assumption), it’s his sort of thing. He is fully aware of the “dangers” of wild animals and has had experience with “dangerous” animals before, sharks (including, if I remember correctly, great white)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 7 min marlboro man 162,552
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min Into The Night 77,103
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 8 min The FACTory 920
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 32,295
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr The FACTory 222,041
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! 2 hr Rose_NoHo 445
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 3 hr The FACTory 4,329
More from around the web