|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, he has definitely gone all "sour grapes" on us. I was hoping that after that gracious concession speech he made that he could help the healing process, but I guess not. Oh well. Just makes me happier that he wasn't elected.
After hearing all the sour grapes from Romney I, too, was delighted that he wasn't elected. How truly pathetic. And it's not as if he, Romney, doesn't have billions of dollars so that he can do anything he wants.

I guess what he wanted was world domination. He doesn't realize that that is MY plan.

“Happy New Year”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Has Double Fine been sick? I have been away for the last few weeks mostly and am out of the loop. I hope he doesn't need a double dose of anything medicinal.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No, that's a corruption of "Jinni" - plural of "Jinn", an Islamic separate creation, like angels.
Only not.
LOL

So Miss Hiding is not only a genius, but also an angel. I thought so!

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't return the ones from Michelle.. My friends ate all the candy and the flowers are dead.
*sniff*

Michelle sent you candy? I just got a card.

“Happy New Year”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>De rien.
I cannot warrant anyone else's behaviour (trolls abound), but if Suze vouches for you, you will not lack for allies.
tis true.

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>This popped on my home page. I thought it interesting.
http://www.photonicsonline.com/doc.mvc/physic...
Thanks Mac. That is really interesting. I found this:

http://www.smashinglists.com/10-more-amazing-...

I rather like the idea of bionics. When I was listening to NPR I heard a segment on people who were already have implants, one had a small magnet implanted in her index finger.

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
<< opens door >>
.. welcome! Yes, you can find some piece here ..
<< throws pillows on floor >>
.. would you like to lay, oppos, I mean, sit down, make yourself comfortable? My, what silky hair you have ..
<< gently strokes Junket's head, continues downward >>
.. don't mind me, I'm just your average, friendly lesbian ..
Hey! I thought *I* was your only love. Guess you and DF are just TOO sexy to limit yourself.

;p

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

DanFromSmithville wrote:
Has Double Fine been sick? I have been away for the last few weeks mostly and am out of the loop. I hope he doesn't need a double dose of anything medicinal.
Prat had the 'flu.

“Pepsi is better than coke”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the antivirus in human trials yet. It sounds quite promising.
As for space travel. I think that until humanity is really crowded and has completely polluted this planet, it won't be happening. I really hope I'm wrong.
I don't think it's in human trials yet - they're probably arguing for speeding it up, though.

Yeah, I think you're right about colonizing space. But, at least private companies are developing technology for going into space now. That's a positive.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the euro is going to collapse and that countries will go back to their original coin of the realm?
The bigger Euro countries are quite strong economically considering the financial mess the world is in. It was one of the last currencies to be effected by the 2007 global meltdown and became particularly strong against the weakening pound and dollar back in 2008. Against the pound it is still valued around 30% stronger than it was pre crash but the pound suffered horrendously.

I was in Italy when they were making the decision to join the Euro, It was pretty unanimous. Now they just want to pull them selves out of the mire and get on with life, very Italian sentiment. I believe the majority of Spanish feel the same and I Portugese too. I hear last weeks anti austerity demonstration in Madrid did not draw the expected number of protestors, it was in the thousands rather than the 10ís of thousands.

I live part of the time in France and you never hear anyone voicing the opinion that they should get out of it. They are not too happy about the huge loans needed to bail some countries out but itís seen as a necessity for stability

I donít think the Euro will collapse I just think itís too big now to be allowed to collapse but I may be wrong, itís more wishful thinking than evidential conclusion because I have too much invested in Europe. Greece is the biggest headache and they are in too deep to pull out.

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it's in human trials yet - they're probably arguing for speeding it up, though.
Yeah, I think you're right about colonizing space. But, at least private companies are developing technology for going into space now. That's a positive.
True. The moment it becomes profitable to colonize space, some giant corporation will claim all of space for themselves so they can charge everyone else for using "space".

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The bigger Euro countries are quite strong economically considering the financial mess the world is in. It was one of the last currencies to be effected by the 2007 global meltdown and became particularly strong against the weakening pound and dollar back in 2008. Against the pound it is still valued around 30% stronger than it was pre crash but the pound suffered horrendously.
I was in Italy when they were making the decision to join the Euro, It was pretty unanimous. Now they just want to pull them selves out of the mire and get on with life, very Italian sentiment. I believe the majority of Spanish feel the same and I Portugese too. I hear last weeks anti austerity demonstration in Madrid did not draw the expected number of protestors, it was in the thousands rather than the 10ís of thousands.
I live part of the time in France and you never hear anyone voicing the opinion that they should get out of it. They are not too happy about the huge loans needed to bail some countries out but itís seen as a necessity for stability
I donít think the Euro will collapse I just think itís too big now to be allowed to collapse but I may be wrong, itís more wishful thinking than evidential conclusion because I have too much invested in Europe. Greece is the biggest headache and they are in too deep to pull out.
I keep hearing the same thing. Yet Greece continues to be problematic and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight.

I only hope we do not have a world wide recession in 2013.

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Hello happy people!

“Post at your own risk”

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Hello happy Susan!

Is there valid reason to suspect that a world wide recession will take place?

"About the most positive thing the IMF could say about the global economy was that if the U.S. and Europe overcome their political hurdles, prospects could improve."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000087239639...

Political hurdles? One can only hope for the best, but as always prepare for calamity.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's good news. I'm taking three days off.
Cool. Be safe.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Level 2

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
*sniff*
Michelle sent you candy? I just got a card.
Must be my gentlemanly charm...

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Junket wrote:
Hello happy Susan!
Is there valid reason to suspect that a world wide recession will take place?
"About the most positive thing the IMF could say about the global economy was that if the U.S. and Europe overcome their political hurdles, prospects could improve."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000087239639...
Political hurdles? One can only hope for the best, but as always prepare for calamity.
I'm hoping for the best as well. Of course, the doom and gloom sayers are predicting a global economic collapse.

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be my gentlemanly charm...
Or the bribe you sent?

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Hiding, how is Japan's economy doing? I keep hearing you're in a recession as well.

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Have a great weekend everyone.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 321 - 340 of950
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••